If you were a slave. Would you convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Do u have ALL DAY? LOL Slavery is a deep topic. But i will be brief. Historically, and Religiously we know slavery existed for whatever reasons. In Quran it says, for every difficulty there is an ease that comes along. Maybe slavery is the difficulty and getting your freedom is eventually your ease. In Quran, we have seen Allaah swt use slavery as a tool to make someone grow to be a better Muslim. The trials of Bilaal comes in mind. The famous guys from Persian Coptic Christian converted to Islam Salman....who was kidnaped and enslaved and later freed by the Prophet Peace be upon him. Without him being kidnaped and enslaved he would never meet his destination, that is meeting the prophet saw. The colonization of Africa, without that invasion, Africans would have been pagans and savages. The blacks in America today, would not be prosperous and looking down on perceived backward Africans if it were not slavery. What am saying is, Slavery is not really a horrific thing. It just needs to be understood and treated justly.

@Basra posted this and this just bothered me.

Slavery was horrible. Horrible. Blacks were literally fucked over for like hundreds of years. And this chick gonna say it's a good thing.

If I'm being whipped, seeing my fellow slaves getting killed and tortured. And all I had to do to get a better treatment was to convert to another religion. I would convert simply because of that.secretly I would be the same person I am but man I would lie so much. The life of a slave is pretty fucking shitty. Converting to another religion just to get treated better sounds like a good opportunity.

People are really justifying slavery because of the fact people people became Muslim. What drugs are they smoking.

Also the opportunity to convert was barely given to slaves.muslim slave owners knew that if the slaves they owned became Muslim they would have to treat them better. This was a rare occurrence.

People(other Muslims usually) say "well Arab slave trade was way better than the Western European one" that is big fat ass Lie. Arab slave trade had a terrible mortality rate. Plus the males were getting castrated. They couldn't reproduce.it was rare for a slave male to have a child with another women.

The blacks in America today, would not be prosperous and looking down on perceived backward Africans if it were not slavery. What am saying is, Slavery is not really a horrific thing. It just needs to be understood and treated justly.

Un-fucking-believable

@Basra cunuga maxaad u waaleysa?

Don't listen to her, she's a crazy old demented lady.

Also was no distinction in treatment between non-Muslims and reverted slaves

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
@Midas Touch
She must be smoking crack. Or meth.

I honestly don't see the positive thing in this. A person is literally forced into slavery and the fact they become a Muslim makes everything else about their life a good thing. Wtf

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
@Basra cunuga maxaad u waaleysa?

Don't listen to her, she's a crazy old demented lady.

Also was no distinction in treatment between non-Muslims and reverted slaves

The treatment of non Muslim slaves and Muslim ones had a distinction the Muslim ones were treated better. In fact some who converted had the opportunity to be freed.
I spoke to an African studies professor at my school about the Middle East's involvement with slavery.!

Well given a sufficiently long period of time, slaves would follow the religion of their captors.

This explains the loss of Islam amongst African-Americans in the United States. A significant number of slaves taken there were either Muslim or Jewish.

Hypothetical situations are stupid; you can never know what you’d do IF you were in a situation, especially one you’ve never been in (slavedom) because you’d have no clues to help you along.

To be honest Jerome I think it would be very hard to reason with you because you’re so used to one idea of slavery (the one you were taught at school) and can’t seem to get your head around other forms of slavery.

Slavery is not an intrinsic part of Islam but rather a prexisting phenomenon in the period when (modern) Islam first propagated. Islam did not abolish slavery but it made it just, that fact that Muslims transgressed these boundaries is disgusting. Basra is right in that slavery or any sort of adverse condition can bring a person closer to their Lord. Lol sometimes there’s a lot of wisdom in what she says.

Islam can feel quite complex sometimes but it’s your job to attempt to understand it; I’m not going to tell you that you’re being blasphemous by asking these questions but you do seem quite close minded. You can gain a lot by enquiring further on your own instead of posing strange repetitive posts on this forum. Specific questions are much easier to answer.

I’d recommend going directly to a person of knowledge to learn about how Islam changed the situation of slaves in the Muslim world. I mean you happily learned about how cruel oppressors made a mockery of Allah, right? Also, you must understand that slavery can be just like any other condition in life; we are all slaves in many ways. We are only on this earth for so long, it’ll all feel like inconsequential bollocks soon enough. There’s nothing wrong with being outraged about oppression, but Islam is not oppression. All the best xx

Hypothetical situations are stupid; you can never know what you’d do IF you were in a situation, especially one you’ve never been in (slavedom) because you’d have no clues to help you along.

To be honest Jerome I think it would be very hard to reason with you because you’re so used to one idea of slavery (the one you were taught at school) and can’t seem to get your head around other forms of slavery.

Slavery is not an intrinsic part of Islam but rather a prexisting phenomenon in the period when (modern) Islam first propagated. Islam did not abolish slavery but it made it just, that fact that Muslims transgressed these boundaries is disgusting. Basra is right in that slavery or any sort of adverse condition can bring a person closer to their Lord. Lol sometimes there’s a lot of wisdom in what she says.

Islam can feel quite complex sometimes but it’s your job to attempt to understand it; I’m not going to tell you that you’re being blasphemous by asking these questions but you do seem quite close minded. You can gain a lot by enquiring further on your own instead of posing strange repetitive posts on this forum. Specific questions are much easier to answer.

I’d recommend going directly to a person of knowledge to learn about how Islam changed the situation of slaves in the Muslim world. I mean you happily learned about how cruel oppressors made a mockery of Allah, right? Also, you must understand that slavery can be just like any other condition in life; we are all slaves in many ways. We are only on this earth for so long, it’ll all feel like inconsequential bollocks soon enough. There’s nothing wrong with being outraged about oppression, but Islam is not oppression. All the best xx

Exposed your power level

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019

I know Islam is not oppression.

The fact slavery existed so long is bothering me.in these Muslim nations bother me. It was clearly unislamic on how slaves were being captured and treated. But people who were "muslim" kept going on with it.

It's the people that are bothering me. Not the religon. I'm not the most practicing person but when I learned about how long slavery existed in these countries it's just really disgusting to here about.

Maybe some of these countries are in Pretty crappy situations right now because of their history of slavery. Maybe it's karma.

I know Islam is not oppression.

The fact slavery existed so long is bothering me.in these Muslim nations bother me. It was clearly unislamic on how slaves were being captured and treated. But people who were "muslim" kept going on with it.

It's the people that are bothering me. Not the religon. I'm not the most practicing person but when I learned about how long slavery existed in these countries it's just really disgusting to here about.

Maybe some of these countries are in Pretty crappy situations right now because of their history of slavery. Maybe it's karma.

Slavery was a part of every historical civilisation! It has existed for as long as I can care to imagine. It doesn’t have a long history in the Arab world in particular! It has been a fixture in pretty much all world societies. Poverty is in itself slavery, lol even capitalism is to some degree, slavery. This is what I’m saying, slavery isn’t just white people whipping black people. It’s a condition. It’s cool that you learned about a particular period of Arab slavery and all of its perks but I don’t see how it’s problematic given everything else I’ve just pointed out.

You’re right though, those Muslims sucked. They’ll meet their maker, dw. I don’t think it’s karma though! Those slave owners are dead, their ancestors shouldn’t inherit their burden. Also, it’s mostly the poor people who are being tested so it’s mostly not the direct descendents of the wrong-doers.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Slavery was a part of every historical civilisation! It has existed for as long as I can care to imagine. It doesn’t have a long history in the Arab world in particular! It has been a fixture in pretty much all world societies. Poverty is in itself slavery, lol even capitalism is to some degree, slavery. This is what I’m saying, slavery isn’t just white people whipping black people. It’s a condition. It’s cool that you learned about a particular period of Arab slavery and all of its perks but I don’t see how it’s problematic given everything else I’ve just pointed out.

You’re right though, those Muslims sucked. They’ll meet their maker, dw. I don’t think it’s karma though! Those slave owners are dead, their ancestors shouldn’t inherit their burden. Also, it’s mostly the poor people who are being tested so it’s mostly not the direct descendents of the wrong-doers.

1900s is when Muslim nations ended slavery. It's too recent.people Grandparents from these countries can speak about witnessing slavery.

When you learn about this and learn about what's recently happening in those countries where they are importing domestic work from poorer countries, taking their passports and forcing them to work. It really seems like those countries didn't try to tackle the issue of slavery
A family friend of mine lives in Kuwait. My dad was telling me about how his friend had a Filipino maid.it is a common sight he told me. He told me it was worse in Lebanon too. It is worse in Lebanon.

Check out what they are doing with domestic workers there

If i were a slave i would kill my slave master like bilal and die with honour instead of serving some lower lifeform. I would rather join my ancestors in the grave then let them down by cucking to some c*nt like donald trump, i will only serve god anyone else will die or i will die.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

1900s is when Muslim nations ended slavery. It's too recent.people Grandparents from these countries can speak about witnessing slavery.

When you learn about this and learn about what's recently happening in those countries where they are importing domestic work from poorer countries, taking their passports and forcing them to work. It really seems like those countries didn't try to tackle the issue of slavery
A family friend of mine lives in Kuwait. My dad was telling me about how his friend had a Filipino maid.it is a common sight he told me. He told me it was worse in Lebanon too. It is worse in Lebanon.

These people are pure filth. May Allah protect us from such oppressors who hurt humans and animals. Aamiin.

I think I’ve finally understood what you were getting at all along. Why didn’t Islam lead to the abolishment of slavery faster? That’s a brilliant question. It should have! It would and could have but.. people are too rotten?

You’re clever, I give you that! :manny:

What we shouldn’t do is join the ‘arabs are trash’ bandwagon. That’s just pure victim mentality. :susp:

Its simple for me. Arab Supremacy = Islam, White Supremacy = Christianty, Both justify slavery

The difference being there were even Arab slaves and black Muslims were slave owners/traders. Our slavery isn’t based on color it’s based on religion. Muslims are superior to non-Muslims.

Muji

VIP

What’s the difference between this and someone who is working in a factory for Apple- where their pay will never allow them to afford the products they make? Do you know about the high suicide rates in these factories and how as a solution Apple built nets outside their windows so that employees wouldn’t kill themselves at work. Rather than actually address the real problem?

Unfair pay and harsh working conditions is systematic and ranges a lot of countries and continents, I don’t see the point in zeroing in on Arabs specifically and making this an issue about a certain race. It’s an incredibly complex issue where we are all culpable: both as employers and consumers.

To answer your original question if it meant an easier life I would convert publicly but privately I could not, as the decision to believe in something has to come from within.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending