If you could travel back in time what actions would you take to prevent the Somali civil war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this lately, is their a turning point, moment or individual that led the country down the road to eventual civil war? Would preventing the Ogaden war save the country, assassinating Siad Barre or is any action taken futile. What would you guys do to prevent the breakdown in this theoretical situation.

Nothing, it was meant to be

So no matter what the civil war would have happened? Makes you think how long the Barre government would of lasted without the civil war, i think that if it made into the 21st century it would of eventually fallen due to the Arab Spring uprisings spreading to Somalia. Which would of probably lead to a worse situation than the one we have now.....:faysalwtf:

Tukraq

VIP
So no matter what the civil war would have happened? Makes you think how long the Barre government would of lasted without the civil war, i think that if it made into the 21st century it would of eventually fallen due to the Arab Spring uprisings spreading to Somalia. Which would of probably lead to a worse situation than the one we have now.....:faysalwtf:
Barre was an authoritarian in a society that doesn’t buck to rule he would eventually fall no matter what, and would resort to clans to maintain a grip on power leading to the same situation, assasinating him before wouldn’t help either because Russia would install a puppet dictator anyways yielding the same result

Kill Siad Barre.
Kill siad barre

Would this actually work though? First you have to do it before he comes to power otherwise he's deputy or subordinate would take control, also killing him while he's in power could itself ignite a Somali civil war. :ileycry:

So you have to assassinate him before he comes to power, and even then who's to say another person wont follow a similar path and become a dictator? :9uoofqd:

Baby Hitler or Baby Barre who would you kill if given the choice. Only one can be chosen. :trumpsmirk:

I would kill Barre.

I'm astonished that the German's aren't giving more praise for their WW2 campaign considering they fought against so many enemies.

Hitler's achievements.

iu

Whereas Somalia lost a war to Aidtopia under Barre.

Most of Africa, India and South East Asia (Vietnam) would still be a French and British colony without WW2 and the Nazi party. It was the immense cost of the conflict and the damage done to the homeland that forced the two nations to eventually cede control of the colonies.
True to a certain extent. WW2 only accelerated the process for independence in European & Japanese colonies.

Some European colonialists resisted independence movements militarily, especially the Portuguese.

I would kill Barre.

I'm astonished that the German's aren't giving more praise for their WW2 campaign considering they fought against so many enemies.

Hitler's achievements.

iu

Whereas Somalia lost a war to Aidtopia under Barre.

The Somali and German expansions both failed due to the Russian bastards, so we have that in common.:dabcasar:

Aidstopia was on the brink of collapse before the Russian intervention and mass supply of war materials.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I've been thinking about this lately, is their a turning point, moment or individual that led the country down the road to eventual civil war? Would preventing the Ogaden war save the country, assassinating Siad Barre or is any action taken futile. What would you guys do to prevent the breakdown in this theoretical situation.

I would sleep with Siyaad Baare and then during orgasm suffocate him with a pillow with all my Maroodi might!
5560.jpg

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Baby Hitler or Baby Barre who would you kill if given the choice. Only one can be chosen. :trumpsmirk:
Easy choice. Hitler left a positive mark on the world and Barre left a failed state.
Most of Africa, India and South East Asia (Vietnam) would still be a French and British colony without WW2 and the Nazi party. It was the immense cost of the conflict and the damage done to the homeland that forced the two nations to eventually cede control of the colonies.
Exactly.

Lol, if you said this openly in real life your career would be pretty much over. Ostracized for life.
I know but it's the truth. The world is a lot bigger than 6 million Jews. Billions of people have the Nazis to thank for their freedom. European colonialism was a blight on this world and the Nazi's warmongering brought it to a poetic end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts