If guy says to me “walaal” am I friendzoned?

Why do you think so ? Personally I’ve never liked the word ”walaal”. I’ve commented on some posts lol
🤔 well I'm straightforward and I won't stick around as friends to be friend zoned. So any words used after that point like walaal when things have been made clear won't have that connotation. Plus I don't see anything wrong with calling someone that regardless.
It's endearment since your a fellow somali

Last edited:

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
Somalis between them see each other not as strangers but more as members of the same family. We call each other "brother or sister", "my uncle or my aunt", etc.

It’s just the western point of view that you think it’s friendzone

🤔 well I'm straightforward and I won't stick around as friends to be friend zoned. So any words used after that point like walaal when things have been made clear won't have that connotation. Plus I don't see anything wrong with calling someone that regardless.
It's endearment since your a fellow somali
How do you usally make your intentions clear?

Guys often say to me” I want to get to know you”. It’s hard for me to say is it in a friendly way or more romantic lol
Well I generally say I want to get to know someone that I'm interested in. I would say wanting to get to know someone is potentially romantic but with the ability to change if what you get to know about the person isn't to your liking but I don't stick around as a friend if I lose interest I just tell them I'm no longer interested.

Last edited:
Guys often say to me” I want to get to know you”. It’s hard for me to say is it in a friendly way or more romantic lol
Then again it all depends on the kind of guys your attracting and what you want out of all this. Are you looking for a random relationship or are you looking to get married?

u r just nasty :westbrookwtf:
What?!?
mindblown.png

Yaraye

VIP
hence why they give birth autistic and down syndromes
bruh :dead:

Asians use similar term tho. Korean women call their husbands/ boyfriend "oppa" which literally means "brother" it can also be used for one's husband/ boyfriend. For Chinese women it's "Ge". I think westerns are the only culture that don't have this