If Axmed Gurey was successful in invading Ethiopia, what would happen?

CalmOne20####

Somaliland + Ogaden Heritage
If he was able to invade the entire country, do you think we would see a different Ethiopia. Share your thoughts and opinions.

Garaad diinle

 
The early 14th century when the Plantagenets were fight the Valois in europe somalia hararghe and the shewan highlands were rich and wealthy. The news about their sultantes were echoing throughout the muslim world. The constant fighting with the habashi resulted into their deterioration.

If ahmad guray were successful in his endeavour the whole of northern ethiopia would have became muslim and they would also turn into sultanate. With fighting being ceased wealth and power would increase and accumulate along side an increase in population. Urbanization sustained development the cultivation of islamic institution the area would attract poets architects traders statesmen and scholar from all over the world. The development of libraries bigger than timbuktu. They might've invade neighbouring countries and spread islam in places such as south sudan. they might have even invaded what is now modern day kenya to connect with the swahili coast turning kenya into an islamic country.

East africa would be a center of power as powerful as india and perhaps the ottomans. Trade with the outside world such as india and arabia would increase which would lead to the development of great port cites with fleets of ships on their harpors. Finally with introduction of fire arms we might even see an ottoman like state that stretches from yemeni cost on the east to the the centeral african republic in the west. From sudan to the north down to kenya in the south. This would be easy since the african countries are not sophisticated well enough to combat these weapons. I could go on and on in this what if but honestly it's nothing more than speculation,

Last edited:
Islam never invaded Ethiopia, it was always there from the early moments. It was not a foreign source that came with Arab men colonizing the area. The Christian Habash only controlled the 'Historic Abyssinia', a territorial domain that was parts of Eritrea down to central Ethiopia along a thin strip of land. The rest of the geography that encapsulates modern political Ethiopia was filled with Muslims on the East and pagans on the other side which those Solomonic sheegads had no control over, and the Habash permeated upon that land much later which prompted a response from Muslims. The Zagwe dynasty (I think I have read), unlike the later one, had a much more cordial relationship with Muslims. The subsequent ruling powers had a hatred of Muslims, and they used to banish Muslims from cities/towns if they did not convert. There is an account of the Christians forcefully confining Muslims to one section of the city otherwise they would face exile. It was rife with discrimination from those Habashi.

The historiography of medieval Ethiopian history is extremely biased, falsely crafted by people that constantly framed its history as "a Christian island surrounded by a sea of Muslims (paraphrased)". They did make sure to make every interpretation selective, oftentimes fabricated and extremely biased where you heard things like "Islam in Horn of Africa is really not indigenous and just an Indian Ocean Civilization", or they were quick to jump to Arabs being the cause of everything Islamic and did undermine that it was the native's civilization, to make it seem that Christianity was the only indigenous religion of Ethiopia and Islam being a foreign religion that came to disrupt. It's false. Modern works of history by those Western people were in a way, not only trying to write their version of fallacious history but to ideologically set the work to justify Christianity over the region over Islam.

A handful of orientalist men are the most cited people in that history and it is crazy how un-critical the current literature is of it because you see the same nonsense peddled by each work.

I think this was one of the documents that can give you some insight:

Isn't it 33% muslim and 66% orthodox christian?

33% amongst Amhara maybe. But Majority of Oromos are Muslims. Somalis & Afars are 100% Muslims. Tigray is only 10% Muslim

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the country. The Ethiopian government is hiding the truth and delaying the National census because their power centers around the imperialist Christian Abyssinians.

Ethiopia and Kenya are notorious for playing with their numbers.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kenya is 40-50% Muslim. Islam is easily the biggest religion in Nairobi.

Unlike Ethiopia, Kenya does not hide its Muslim population.

The recent sheikh Ali Sufi Quran competition was attended by thousands of participants and many famous Somali & Muslim scholars

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Nairobi ain't just eastleigh my nigga 💀

I know, there are mosques in every suburb in Nairobi.

Plus Nairobi has a large atheist and Hindu community.

Christianity is probably 35% and Islam is 45%, Atheism/Agnosticism is 20% and Hindu/minor religions are 10%

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Unlike Ethiopia, Kenya does not hide its Muslim population.

The recent sheikh Ali Sufi Quran competition was attended by thousands of participants and many famous Somali & Muslim scholars

Kenya claims their Muslim population is 10%

You and I know that is a big lie.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
33% amongst Amhara maybe. But Majority of Oromos are Muslims. Somalis & Afars are 100% Muslims. Tigray is only 10% Muslim

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the country. The Ethiopian government is hiding the truth and delaying the National census because their power centers around the imperialist Christian Abyssinians.
There are barely muslim amharas, below 1% of the amhara people are muslim

There are barely muslim amharas, below 1% of the amhara people are muslim

You are not doing the Muslims of Amhara any justice. Below 1%, are you kidding?

this is the capital of Amhara region. 10 thousand Muslims gathering in Gondar is Manshallah. Hopefully in the next few years they become the majority inhabitants

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
it’s inaccurate. Only census Kenya has managed to pull off is the ethnicity count and even those numbers are altered and fixed by corrupt politicians to deny some regions more representation by population.

Which is why I say Kenya play around with their numbers.

They’re better than Ethiopia but they’re still dishonest and unfair.

Imam Ahmed’s legacy

E3D95F6A-D8E8-4DEC-955A-37129FAB43D7.jpeg
3AB59833-DFF5-4647-BA41-2F7354695795.jpeg
C09C4781-D715-4235-B8C3-A2869B2927B9.jpeg

Which is why I say Kenya play around with their numbers.

They’re better than Ethiopia but they’re still dishonest and unfair.

The Kenyans are more tribal then religious compared to the Ethiopians who follow the Tewahedo churches practices.

Christianity was brought to the Kenyans by the white colonizers and their missionaries while the Ethiopians have been practicing it for centuries even before the romans and Europeans.

Trending