@Idrus is this you?

Yaraye

VIP
Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 12.39.29 PM.png

@Idrus is this you? :gaasdrink:

Yaraye

VIP
Lol that's not me but I agree with everything he said.
I would have gone into more detail though and maybe give some examples where successful countries followed this method such as South Korea.
isn't s.korea a 2 party country? :ummhmm:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Democracy is a sham especially in a society like somalia were it's clan based.
Democracy is a specific way of governance that works best at a local level imo.
It has only been used in the national level by the Western world which already is a pretty unique society with no tribe or clan structure, the western society runs on the Nuclear family which most of the world doesn't do.

In somalia especially we are split by clans who are all on pretty equal level in that one clan has never dominated all Somalis and so that leaves us in a constant state of competition and war.
The only way somalia can function as a modern nation state is by having a dictator/monarch who rules the nation with complete power so the ruler will be able to push laws and changes to develop the country and drag it into the modern industrial age.
But I don't believe somalia should be a full dictatorship, I think some power should be given to 2 houses.
One house would be filled with senators/MPs who are elected at the local level in a 1 man 1 vote and represent each region of the country.
The other house should be a clan assembly made up of elders of all clans who come together to solve disputes in a civilised manner rather than go start another civil war. The reason I would want a house in government dedicated to clans is because no matter how much I hate it, it is simply a way of life and is so entrenched in somali society that we just have to adapt to it if we want to succeed

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
isn't s.korea a 2 party country? :ummhmm:
S. Korea started off as a shit hole that got bombed to hell by multiple superpowers but then a dictator took power for a couple of decades and built up the country and industrialised it by helping koreans start businesses such as Samsung and LG which turned S. Korea into a manufacturing powerhouse before it slowly democratised

Yaraye

VIP
S. Korea started off as a shit hole that got bombed to hell by multiple superpowers but then a dictator took power for a couple of decades and built up the country and industrialised it by helping koreans start businesses such as Samsung and LG which turned S. Korea into a manufacturing powerhouse before it slowly democratised
sounds like a nice plan that we need :stevej:

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Somalia and many other nations are new to the concept of democracy. Also liberalism makes democrasy a much more smother process.

Also We need to remove the power from the clans elders just like how the british removed the power from the monarch.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
People need to be civilised before any form of government close to democracy can be implemented. Every great nation has been ruled by "dictators" until their people were sufficiently civilised.

Watch this clip below. Let it be noted that I do not subscribe to the ideology of the khanis yahud that tweeted it but I merely found the video very amusing.
Lee Kuan Yew turned Singapore from a jungle to the financial capital of Asia within mere decades. He was not a "democratic" leader. He did what had to be done.

Extremely dumb to compare the Koreans with Somalis. Somalia is a tribalistic low trust society so a dictatorship will end up selecting for incompetent tribal lackeys and we will be in a never ending civil war. Democracy is sht but much better than a dictatorship for Somalis

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ #DefundUN
Staff Member
Too many stupid people in society for democracy to work. It's a terrible system. The last thing Somalia needs is democracy.

Trending

Latest posts