@Idrus is this you?

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Extremely dumb to compare the Koreans with Somalis. Somalia is a tribalistic low trust society so a dictatorship will end up selecting for incompetent tribal lackeys and we will be in a never ending civil war. Democracy is sht but much better than a dictatorship for Somalis
What????
You said Somalia is a trobalistic low trust society (which is false) and the you said democracy would be better for us?
The worst setting for a democracy is a population that does not trust each other and is tribalistic which just leads to people voting based of tribe rather than merit and the lack of trust in institutions will give people a reason to take up arms to solve their issues rather than go to court because they don't trust it.

I don't trust any dictator, I said that Somalia needs to follow the footsteps of every other country and force in change to bring into the modern world which cannot be done through a democracy.

There are only a handful of countries that developed through democracy, it is a horrible system for developing countries since it just leads to infighting and slow development.

What????
You said Somalia is a trobalistic low trust society (which is false) and the you said democracy would be better for us?
The worst setting for a democracy is a population that does not trust each other and is tribalistic which just leads to people voting based of tribe rather than merit and the lack of trust in institutions will give people a reason to take up arms to solve their issues rather than go to court because they don't trust it.

I don't trust any dictator, I said that Somalia needs to follow the footsteps of every other country and force in change to bring into the modern world which cannot be done through a democracy.

There are only a handful of countries that developed through democracy, it is a horrible system for developing countries since it just leads to infighting and slow development.

Like i said democracy is not optimal but it is better than any other government right now. Im not speaking about some fantasy hypothical but the practical realities on the ground as they are. Singaporean or Korean examples are orthogonal to Somalis because we have a different set of civilizational circumstances. Even if we had a strongman that was competent half of somalis would still oppose him just based on qabil. The issue we have is not a political one but a cultural one, but no one likes to talk about it because its much harder problem to solve.

Trending