I wish we had better relationship with the Habesha .

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I wish we had Islamized them:

@Apollo

I weep at how the Xabash were not Islamized during the conquest 500 years ago. Imagine, walaal... we could have maybe had one nation between the Horn and Sudan. With that much land and peoples we could have been a mighty power that could wrestle the lands south of Aswan from the Masris and maybe bloody Aswan itself along with all of northern Kenya from the Brits and Bantus.

Imagine a nation from Aswan to Ijara and from Xaafuun to al-Junaynah, home to the civilization of the ancient Nubians, Aksum, the Barbaroi city-states, the Muslim Sultanates of the Horn like the Ajuuraan and Adal, the Abyssinian Empire, the Christian Nubian Kingdoms, the Blemmyes and Medjay of ancient legend and so much more alongside many interesting peoples like the Oromos, Sidamics and Omotics. Everything from green highlands to volcanic deserts to savannahs boasting all the wildlife diversity Kenya flexes at the gaalo to the Nile Valley itself and beaches, beaches and beaches! Not to mention a population potential well-over 200 million if we played our agricultural cards right.

I'd have gladly accepted Arabic as a lingua franca for such a glorious nation that could be a juggernaut on the world stage alongside the likes of India and China. 5,000 kilometers from north to south and east to west. Bismillah. Geeljires think too small with this Somaliweyn business. This was where it was at, saaxiib. Christianity fudging shizzle up like always.

sad death GIF by Global TV

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Xoxoxo

VIP
Diaspora? Yes.
Mainland Xabasha? No.

OP the nice ones are Tigrinya & Tigre, not the Amxaar.

wallahi I second guessed my feelings against them when I reminded myself that their ancestors dreamed of uniting The horn and to make us second class rank citizens, even those Muslims were behind that idiotic idea because of the idiots ethnic love for each ottert and their Semitic roots.

f*ck their mamas, f*ck their papas, f*ck their country, f*ck their empire, f*ck their history, f*ck their religions, f*ck Melek or whatever the coons name is, f*ck their country, in fact

f*ck ALL OF THEM

djkhaled-dancing.gif

I got another qashin for a simple post and the person that gave it didn't even bother to engage with my position let alone rebut it.

:mjlol: :drakelaugh:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Diaspora? Yes.
Mainland Xabasha? No.

OP the nice ones are Tigrinya & Tigre, not the Amxaar.

wallahi I second guessed my feelings against them when I reminded myself that their ancestors dreamed of uniting The horn and to make us second class rank citizens, even those Muslims were behind that idiotic idea because of the idiots ethnic love for each ottert and their Semitic roots.

f*ck their mamas, f*ck their papas, f*ck their country, f*ck their empire, f*ck their history, f*ck their religions, f*ck Melek or whatever the coons name is, f*ck their country, in fact

f*ck ALL OF THEM
I'm okay with Menelik. We can't hate a nigga we did this to:

The Ethiopian Emperor Menelik's Somali expedition, consisting of an army of 15,000 men, made a deep push into the vicinity of Luuq in Somalia. However, his troops were soundly defeated by the Sultanate of the Geledi, with only 200 soldiers returning alive and were heavily traumatized.

:damn: :deadosama:

Growing up, I was taught by my parents that the Habeshas were our enemies and are bad people solely just because they're christian and they're occupying Ogaden. But I always felt like it was more about them being Christian. I don't know why Somalis hate Christians so much.

But now that I'm older and have met many habeshas, they're really very kind, humble and friendly people. Incredibly beautiful culture and fascinating history. Deep down I'm very jealous that they kept their rich culture and heritage in tact.
I've never met a rude, unfriendly or racist habesha. All of them have been so sweet and miskeen. When I tell them I'm Somali, I don't feel any bad vibes from them.

Somalis need to stop being so anti-Christian. I feel like that's why Somalis have always hated habeshas. Who cares. Everyone to their own religion.

it's easier for the human brain to generalize, it seems, than it is to judge on an individual basis.
as you said, many habesha are kind, nice people, and they have nothing to do with the politics back in Africa, or the bad history. many habesha are muslims too by the way, from among the amhara, tigrayans, gurages, etc.

I'm okay with Menelik. We can't hate a nigga we did this to:

The Ethiopian Emperor Menelik's Somali expedition, consisting of an army of 15,000 men, made a deep push into the vicinity of Luuq in Somalia. However, his troops were soundly defeated by the Sultanate of the Geledi, with only 200 soldiers returning alive and were heavily traumatized.

:damn: :deadosama:

'Three years ago, [around 1896]the Ras Makonnen's troops, 6,000 carbines strong, were beaten near Ogaden by Somalis armed only with lances and half their numbers was killed in a night attack. The survivors returned announcing that they had been stopped by malaria. Three times the Negus sent expeditions against Kafa (the Oromo areas): in 1896, 18,000 rifles were defeated by Oromo lances; in 1897 20,000 rifles shared the same fate, and later in the same year the Oromos gave away before a force of 24,000 rifles only because they preferred paying tribute to Menelik. In 1898 Makonnen's troops were severely defeated in Western Abyssinia and prevented from reaching the Nile.

How, then, shall we account for the affair at Adwa?
Chiefly by the configuration of the country. Abyssinia defends itself. The Italian troops, too far removed from their base, were surprised in steep defiles, from the top of which an enemy, three times superior in number, was able to shoot them down. The victory has been disastrous to European prestige; it has destroyed the fear of the white man, which was instinctive in the negro mind. The Abyssinian draws no distinctions between the various European nations-they are all whites and as such worthy of hatred; they were all, in his opinion, defeated at Adwa, and may henceforth be regarded with contempt and insulted at pleasure.''

[The 19th Century, Edited by James Knowles, 1-6, 1899; Pages 432-434

Trending

Latest posts