I wish we had better relationship with the Habesha .

Growing up, I was taught by my parents that the Habeshas were our enemies and are bad people solely just because they're christian and they're occupying Ogaden. But I always felt like it was more about them being Christian. I don't know why Somalis hate Christians so much.

But now that I'm older and have met many habeshas, they're really very kind, humble and friendly people. Incredibly beautiful culture and fascinating history. Deep down I'm very jealous that they kept their rich culture and heritage in tact.
I've never met a rude, unfriendly or racist habesha. All of them have been so sweet and miskeen. When I tell them I'm Somali, I don't feel any bad vibes from them.

Somalis need to stop being so anti-Christian. I feel like that's why Somalis have always hated habeshas. Who cares. Everyone to their own religion.

Growing up, I was taught by my parents that the Habeshas were our enemies and are bad people solely just because they're christian and they're occupying Ogaden. But I always felt like it was more about them being Christian. I don't know why Somalis hate Christians so much.

But now that I'm older and have met many habeshas, they're really very kind, humble and friendly people. Incredibly beautiful culture and fascinating history. Deep down I'm very jealous that they kept their rich culture and heritage in tact.
I've never met a rude, unfriendly or racist habesha. All of them have been so sweet and miskeen. When I tell them I'm Somali, I don't feel any bad vibes from them.

Somalis need to stop being so anti-Christian. I feel like that's why Somalis have always hated habeshas. Who cares. Everyone to their own religion.
it's because Ethiopia has been oppressing Somali people for so long. Google Somali-Ethiopia War. there was also an Ancient War between Ahmed Gurey and the Habeshas

I agree with you. If you are going to hate anyone, hate the government not the innocent people. somalis dislike anyone that isn't even Somali or Muslim

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
It's not necessarily about them being Christian. We go way back with these guys. Generations of warfare going back well over 500 years. There's loads of legitimate reasons, including Galbeed, to feel a certain kind of way toward them. They still treat Galbeed Somalis, and in fact, most other non-Xabashis like second-class citizens in Ethiopia so eff them for that, to be honest. Yet all that being said, I feel like the bulk of the hatred toward them was created during the late 1900s, in part by Barre's regime. There was a whole lot of anti-Axmaar propaganda back then. My parents also pointed that out to me about when they were growing up. The Axmaar was like an almost Nazi level meme back then. But this is of course all misplaced hatred for the minority elites. There's no cause for hating some reer tuulo or reer miyi Xabash or general common folk like that.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Habesha’s don’t hate us but then again we’re not occupying any of their land or committing war crimes against them.

But they are.

:manny:

It's not necessarily about them being Christian. We go way back with these guys. Generations of warfare going back well over 500 years. There's loads of legitimate reasons, including Galbeed, to feel a certain kind of way toward them. They still treat Galbeed Somalis, and in fact, most other non-Xabashis like second-class citizens in Ethiopia so eff them for that, to be honest. Yet all that being said, I feel like the bulk of the hatred toward them was created during the late 1900s, in part by Barre's regime. There was a whole lot of anti-Axmaar propaganda back then. My parents also pointed that out to me about when they were growing up. The Axmaar was like an almost Nazi level meme back then. But this is of course all misplaced hatred for the minority elites. There's no cause for hating some reer tuulo or reer miyi Xabash or general common folk like that.
so many somalis make it a Christian vs a Muslim thing. I think it started with Ahmed Gureys "jihad"

Madax o la gumeystay baad dunida ku joogta

Dumb assholes like the OP should have her land annexed by them .

we have done nothing to them can’t say the same for them

The average habesha has nothing to do with Ogaden region being annexed. In fact, you would be surprised how many habesha wouldn’t mind Somali region ceding if that’s what they wanted. Don’t conflate the government with the people.

And I tend to agree with OP, habesha people are civilised. They are quiet people for the most part, not loud & obnoxious, and they don’t partake in criminality nearly as much as Somali’s do. I don’t like their government but the people for the most part are cool imo

The average habesha has nothing to do with Ogaden region being annexed. In fact, you would be surprised how many habesha wouldn’t mind Somali region ceding if that’s what they wanted. Don’t conflate the government with the people.

And I tend to agree with OP, habesha people are civilised. They are quiet people for the most part, not loud & obnoxious, and they don’t partake in criminality nearly as much as Somali’s do. I don’t like their government but the people for the most part are cool imo

Typical , The way you and the OP frame Somalis as criminals and enemies for not liking them or they’re government .

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
In fact, you would be surprised how many habesha wouldn’t mind Somali region ceding if that’s what they wanted. Don’t conflate the government with the people.

Nah, a lot of them don’t because it would mean another Arab league neighbour and Muslim country.

Furthermore, it will undermine their effort to have ethnic-federalism in Ethiopia.

Many that are not Amhara believe that the Somalis would have all their problems solved when Ethiopia follows Meles’ idea of ethnic federalism.

On an individual level I like them, especially the women but I dislike what the country is doing to Somalis in Galbeed. I do wish our countries had a cooperative relationship though

Trending