I think its wrong to have a bunch of kids than later have them as your retirement plan

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
You see old heads with 9-14 kids than later when they making they're own money expect them to send you monthly checks cause you're they're parent

Even worse is the somali fathers who divorce the mom and goes 0 contact with the kids than when they finished uni and making money pop back into their life in order to get money

Well.... Who is going to look after your parents and give them money, if you're not going to send them money? There is going to be a time in which our parents will be too old to work. They deserve it and its the least we can do.

Last edited:

Mercury

VIP
Well.... Who is going to look after your parents and give them money, if you're not going to send them money? There is going to be a time in which our parents will too old to work. They deserve it and its the least we can do.
not like that I see nothing wrong with helping your parent out like that what I mean is having alot of kids like 10 than use the money they give you to get 2d or 3rd wife ive seen it happen

not like that I see nothing wrong with helping your parent out like that what I mean is having alot of kids like 10 than use the money they give you to get 2d or 3rd wife ive seen it happen

Lol

Some Somalis are wild.

Imagine getting your kids to fund your polygamy fantasy.

Where is the hooyo in this?

You see old heads with 9-14 kids than later when they making they're own money expect them to send you monthly checks cause you're they're parent

Even worse is the somali fathers who divorce the mom and goes 0 contact with the kids than when they finished uni and making money pop back into their life in order to get money
It’s tough. But it’s your dad and he’s a Walid. Give him the money and let Allah deal with him.

On her 3rd marriage and currently attending someone else aroos:pachah1:

giphy.gif

I am planning to have 4 children and raise them extensively. No need to pop out 12 kids when you can't form a proper connection with all of them.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
There is a disconnect here. @Mercury YOU and Angelina Somali in Youtube should link up. She is the Youtube Xaliimo who has beef with her mom. She has the millenial attitude of not taking Somali parent ownership. She was to be emancipated by Somali Parent pressure. She had the nerve to tell her mom i need time, you should not come see without appointment.

The mother gave out a deep voice of cursing her

reer

VIP
Well.... Who is going to look after your parents and give them money, if you're not going to send them money? There is going to be a time in which our parents will be too old to work. They deserve it and its the least we can do.
development >> people esp women get married later >> have kids later >> less time for baby making compared to a woman who gets married at 16 >> you have more expensive life for kids >> you cant afford alot of kids >> lower fertility rate. somalis dont have that so people start having kids as teens. its only logical because who will look after them when they cant work? they need plenty kids.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
If you are Muslim you are obligated to make sure your parents are in a comfortable position. Even if your not muslim it is still morally right to take care of your parents because you wouldn’t be here without them especially if they loved and raised you.

For some reason a lot of you don’t seem to understand the point here. Mercury isn’t saying don’t help out your parents, what he’s talking about are parents esp fathers who disappear and don’t actually raise their children only to reappear later in life expecting those same children to take care of them.

Mercury

VIP
For some reason a lot of you don’t seem to understand the point here. Mercury isn’t saying don’t help out your parents, what he’s talking about are parents esp fathers who disappear and don’t actually raise their children only to reappear later in life expecting those same children to take care of them.

well said :dzmxmmb:

It's good to help out your parents if they were good parents to you.. But some Somali parents just exploit their kids and they never help them.. Cadaan people save money for their kids and help them out through their education buying them student apartments etc.. I don't see many Somali parents doing this, instead they just want to leach on their kids once they get a job.

Its very, very common in our community. But my point still stands regarding supporting them. At the most, many male Somali elders just want money and for them to still have contact with you. TBH, that isn't asking for much, especially if you are financially able to do so.

It's good to help out your parents if they were good parents to you.. But some Somali parents just exploit their kids and they never help them.. Cadaan people save money for their kids and help them out through their education buying them student apartments etc.. I don't see many Somali parents doing this, instead they just want to leach on their kids once they get a job.

A lot of cadaans who do this, tend to be the upper middle class who have the funds to do this. Its also the same for wealthier Somalis. Although, there are unfortunately some Somali dads with money, but are not family orientated. They would much rather spend the extra cash to get a 2nd wife, rather then use it towards the kid's tuition. I don't think people realise how the dynamics between husband and wife and also cultural attitudes has a huge impact on every facet of family life in general.

With Somali hooyos, they have no choice but to do that. They spent their money making years, having kids back to back with no appreciation and hardly any financial gain. Many by the time they are middle aged, are either still not married to the abo, or they live in different continents with the husband not bothering to give her a penny because the kids are now older. 'ilma wa weyn aa ko joogo' is a common sentiment. So, to be frank talking about Somali mums being leeches is adhab dharo, although some take it too far and as a child at times you do need to be put your foot down.

As for the dad's, especially the deadbeat ones as @Desert Flower put it, leave them to Allah. He will deal with their disgusting behavior. Giving him a bit here and there isn't going to kill you. Do it for the sake of Allah and to save yourself from their buuq and habaar threats. Crazily enough some Abos are quick to abandon their kids and then scream caasey when they don't get their way.

Last edited:

Trending