I think I know where Somalis come from, and I have some good evidence.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
I think the paternal part of our ancestory came from North Africa, while the maternal part came from southern Ethiopia, because that is where the cushitic languege evolved.
Somalis are of Nilo-Saharan descent maternally and Natufian(Levantine) paternally. We mixed with the Nilo-Saharans whilst migrating downwards.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Is our Cushite West Eurasian ancestry closer to the Maghrebi/North African or Middle-Eastern components?
North African maybe cause we are not hairy and we carry E1B1B which is much more prevalent in North africa then middle East that my guess

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
It is fairly straight-forward:

• Mesolithic/Neolithic Egyptians mixed with Mesolithic/Neolithic Sudanese
  • Group 1 has no real modern equivalent but the closest are modern day Copts & Bedouins
  • Group 2 also has no real equivalents today but the closest are modern day Dinka & Gumuz
  • This mixture forms the earliest Cushites in Sudan and Southern Egypt around the Neolithic
  • A segment of these people (Proto-Agaw-East-South) eventually go down into the Horn
  • There they acquire varying degrees of Mota (native Ethio HG) related admixture
  • Eventually around 1000 BCE or so people from Yemen come with Proto-Ethiosemitic
  • This group leaves a strong genetic mark in the northern highlands and a linguistic legacy
  • Later internal migrations occur in the Horn so everyone has some of the ancient Yemeni
And that's the ancestral history of modern Somalis in a nutshell. Y-DNA E-V32 and T-L208 come from the ancient North-African ancestors as do likely all the mtDNA N&M lineages while the trace amounts of A-M13 and nearly all the L(xM&N) lineages come from the native East African ancestors while a few L lineages do seem to come from native Ethio HGs. Then the trace amounts of J1 is likely all from the Jazeera in some way or another.

I'd wager like 80%+ of Somalis' ancestry comes from "Group 1 & 2" whereas at best 5-10% comes from ancient Yemen and 1-5% comes from the native Ethio Hunter-Gatherers and that's that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Boogie

It is fairly straight-forward:

• Mesolithic/Neolithic Egyptians mixed with Mesolithic/Neolithic Sudanese
  • Group 1 has no real modern equivalent but the closest are modern day Copts & Bedouins
  • Group 2 also has no real equivalents today but the closest are modern day Dinka & Gumuz
  • This mixture forms the earliest Cushites in Sudan and Southern Egypt around the Neolithic
  • A segment of these people (Proto-Agaw-East-South) eventually go down into the Horn
  • There they acquire varying degrees of Mota (native Ethio HG) related admixture
  • Eventually around 1000 BCE or so people from Yemen come with Proto-Ethiosemitic
  • Early group leave a strong genetic imprint in the northern highlands and a linguistic legacy
  • Later internal migrations occur in the Horn so everyone has some of the ancient Yemeni
And that's the ancestral history of modern Somalis in a nutshell. Y-DNA E-V32 and T-L208 come from the ancient North-African ancestors as do likely all the mtDNA N&M lineages while the trace amounts of A-M13 and nearly all the L(xM&N) lineages come from the native East African ancestors while a few L lineages do seem to come from native Ethio HGs. Then the trace amounts of J1 is likely all from the Jazeera in some way or another.

I'd wager like 80%+ of Somalis' ancestry comes from "Group 1 & 2" whereas at best 5-10% comes from ancient Yemen and 1-5% comes from the native Ethio Hunter-Gatherers and that's that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I thought it was

50 ancient Nilotic
10 Somali Hunter gatherer
40 north african middle eastern

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I thought it was

50 ancient Nilotic
10 Somali Hunter gatherer
40 north african middle eastern

More like 45% MENA (both the North African (most of it) & Ancient Yemen stuff), 1-5% "Mota" (Ethiopian HG) and 50% Nilotic. The North African in this = Group 1 in my summary, the Nilotic = Group 2 and I think you get the gist of the rest.

Boogie

More like 45% MENA (both the North African (most of it) & Ancient Yemen stuff), 1-5% "Mota" (Ethiopian HG) and 50% Nilotic. The North African in this = Group 1 in my summary, the Nilotic = Group 2 and I think you get the gist of the rest.
Thank u but now I don't know who to believe

@Apollo who says we are 60 SSA
You who say we are 55 SSA

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Thank u but now I don't know who to believe

@Apollo who says we are 60 SSA
You who say we are 55 SSA

Apollo is right. We are 40% Eurasian and 60% SSA but there is a difference between "Eurasian" and "MENA". Some of our ancient SSA looks like it came from mostly Eurasian ancestors from North-Africa which is why you can model Somalis as like 45% Natufian but still make them fit in formal statistical analyses as 60% SSA. That means Natufians and ancient MENAs like them are not 100% Eurasian and seem to have some ancient SSA like what they have found in the recent Iberomaurusian samples who seem 40-45% made up of some ancient SSA component.

Trending

Latest posts