I Think I’m depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
tenor.gif

I used to question your intelligence now I deny its existence :uCkf6mf:

Speaking like a true penis envy butch lesbian.
tumblr_n8t21sx9Xp1rfduvxo1_250.gif

I recently moved in with my Dad, his uncle, and another guy and I’m starting to despise them with all my heart. My father and I are not close at all, he took us to Africa when we were kids and returned to America to work, he used to visit us every year for three months, he took us there when I was eight and that was the last time I had a dad around. And I’m those three months I saw him 2 to 3 times, I avoided him like the plague and it was just fucked up. Judgements after judgments of how I’m allegedly lazy, a failure, it reached a point where I honestly never gave a f*ck about what my father thinks of me, and I still don’t give a rat’s ass and it’s fucking scary dude. My mom was the father and mother of 8 of us and I really really respect and love her, I never lied to my mom(well I have but the minor lies, you know) about major things. I recently realized that I lie to my father a lot and I totally dislike being around him, I don’t remember ever having one good memory with him. Always judgemental and he thinks that everything he says is what’s gonna fly. Now don’t get me wrong I love my pops but these past months I find myself not wanting to be around him. Whenever we start talking we talk about school and the religion nothing else.( and it gets old). He always comments about my choice of outfits and wearing my hat backwards, unbuttoning my shirt and small trivial shit that doesn’t make sense at all.
I’m reaching my fucking boiling point wallahi. Shit is annoying as f*ck!! I started smoking a lot of weed just to fucking forget and not deal with his shit wallahi, the geedo is the only thing keeping me sane right now or else I would’ve snapped at him hard wallahi.

Somali spot guys do you have a close relationship with your fathers??

When your father is talking to you about religion he is trying to help you, my father was incredibly pushy too and beat the living day light out of me repeatedly while I was young, I am talking about really vicious beatings that I deserve for silly fights, exclusions from school etc.

At that time I hated him for it, but now I realise it kept me away from a life of prison, crime and every other ills in this world, he stopped doing this at 15-19 because I grew much more powerful while he got old and could no longer do this, he just displayed apathy and looked at me as someone that is finished for good.

Then came the hardships, instead of depression like you which would have been much easier to handle for me, I had successive crippling painful illnesses that the fraudulent medical establishment had no clue about for several years being confined to my room for months, some postulated it was all psychological.

This eventually softened me up enough to turn back to the religion and thereafter came the rapid cures and the improvements everywhere else in life, what you are suffering from just like I was back then is at the core a 'spiritual disease'.

Instead of trying to find solace in escapism in the forms of drugs or anything else, find escapism in the source that put you here, that's if you truly desire change. The relationship with your father will heal itself, he just want what's best for you belief me, because if he didn't, he would have never even involved himself in your life at all.

My father gave up on me and rightly so when I hit 16 after a decade of work, from all of his 10 children he despised me the most, despite me being very respectful towards him.
After the transformations, I went from the worst son for 2 decades to the best son in a short time.

Fathers are always harsh on the sons, especially if your the eldest like I was, it's natural! it's nothing unique to you at all, they don't have the patience that our mothers have, they want instant change in you! but that change is for your own good, even though you may not like it at first or see the wisdom in it.

It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

Whoever is mainly concerned about the Hereafter, Allaah will make him feel independent of others and will make him focused and content, and his worldly affairs will fall into place. But whoever is mainly concerned with this world, Allaah will make him feel in constant need of others and will make him distracted and unfocused, and he will get nothing of this world except what is decreed for him.”

Imam Ahmad (20215) narrated that one of the Companions of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) took hold of my hand and started to teach me some of that which Allah, may He be blessed and exalted, had taught him, and he said: “You will never give up something out of fear of Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, but Allah will give you something better than it.”

Ibn Maajah (257) narrated from ‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: Whoever focuses all his concerns on one issue, namely the Hereafter, Allah will suffice him and spare him the worries of this world. But whoever has many concerns about different worldly issues, Allah will not care which of these worries will cause his death.”

And We send down of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe… (Quran, Surah Al-Israa, 17:82)

Last edited:

yasmin lan

Satans step daughter
I hope you get over how you feel soon I know how you feel but he’s just trying to incorporate himself into your life and kinda filling in the gap he left When you were a child it’s not like he can but adleast he’s trying without noticing :kanyeshrug:. If it truly makes you unhappy move elsewhere or if you’re too young or don’t have enough money I’d ride it out until you do. On the depression part I’d reccomend you speak to a doctors they’ll be able to see if they should refer you to a good therapist or see if you need anti depressants I doubt you do though

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Your father has every right to speak his mind after all you came out his nutsack so get on your knees and show gratitude

Surah al baqarah is the remedy for any illness it's enriching to ones heart

Here's the geeljire remedy.

Quit drugs.

Drop other loser bums and neefs.

Start working and saving your xoolo.

Focus on developing yourself mentally and physically.

Somali dads are ice cold, welcome to the club. Be thankful you have him around.

It's only a matter of time before you move out and become a man or neef. You will miss him greatly and he will respect you greatly as along as you don't become a neef.

Get ready for more stress: bills, mortgages, micromanaging bosses, debt/income rations, physical degradation, children's health, partner problems just to name a few.

:bell: Wish I was 17 again!

I recently moved in with my Dad, his uncle, and another guy and I’m starting to despise them with all my heart. My father and I are not close at all, he took us to Africa when we were kids and returned to America to work, he used to visit us every year for three months, he took us there when I was eight and that was the last time I had a dad around. And I’m those three months I saw him 2 to 3 times, I avoided him like the plague and it was just fucked up. Judgements after judgments of how I’m allegedly lazy, a failure, it reached a point where I honestly never gave a f*ck about what my father thinks of me, and I still don’t give a rat’s ass and it’s fucking scary dude. My mom was the father and mother of 8 of us and I really really respect and love her, I never lied to my mom(well I have but the minor lies, you know) about major things. I recently realized that I lie to my father a lot and I totally dislike being around him, I don’t remember ever having one good memory with him. Always judgemental and he thinks that everything he says is what’s gonna fly. Now don’t get me wrong I love my pops but these past months I find myself not wanting to be around him. Whenever we start talking we talk about school and the religion nothing else.( and it gets old). He always comments about my choice of outfits and wearing my hat backwards, unbuttoning my shirt and small trivial shit that doesn’t make sense at all.
I’m reaching my fucking boiling point wallahi. Shit is annoying as f*ck!! I started smoking a lot of weed just to fucking forget and not deal with his shit wallahi, the geedo is the only thing keeping me sane right now or else I would’ve snapped at him hard wallahi.

Somali spot guys do you have a close relationship with your fathers??
Sxb, all Somali fathers are like that. My old man is exactly what you just described and my c*nt mother is much worse. You are lucky that you have your mother. The struggle is not forever. Do not take it to heart, just do you and move on. Maybe move out. Only you can change your life.
I signed up for counselling. Hope it all works out.

Last edited:
Btw I don't think you have depression. Depression affects all ages and it's a chemical imbalance in the brain. What you are having is mood swings. Depression is not caused by anything, it just comes.

The reason he talks to you about school and religion is because he wants you to be the best. Education is your passport to the future and your religion protects you from all evil.

Your dad loves you. Our parents want us to succeed in life so that when they are gone we are able to look after ourselves.

You know what's better than smoking weed? Prayer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending