I Think I’m depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
I recently moved in with my Dad, his uncle, and another guy and I’m starting to despise them with all my heart. My father and I are not close at all, he took us to Africa when we were kids and returned to America to work, he used to visit us every year for three months, he took us there when I was eight and that was the last time I had a dad around. And I’m those three months I saw him 2 to 3 times, I avoided him like the plague and it was just fucked up. Judgements after judgments of how I’m allegedly lazy, a failure, it reached a point where I honestly never gave a f*ck about what my father thinks of me, and I still don’t give a rat’s ass and it’s fucking scary dude. My mom was the father and mother of 8 of us and I really really respect and love her, I never lied to my mom(well I have but the minor lies, you know) about major things. I recently realized that I lie to my father a lot and I totally dislike being around him, I don’t remember ever having one good memory with him. Always judgemental and he thinks that everything he says is what’s gonna fly. Now don’t get me wrong I love my pops but these past months I find myself not wanting to be around him. Whenever we start talking we talk about school and the religion nothing else.( and it gets old). He always comments about my choice of outfits and wearing my hat backwards, unbuttoning my shirt and small trivial shit that doesn’t make sense at all.
I’m reaching my fucking boiling point wallahi. Shit is annoying as f*ck!! I started smoking a lot of weed just to fucking forget and not deal with his shit wallahi, the geedo is the only thing keeping me sane right now or else I would’ve snapped at him hard wallahi.

Somali spot guys do you have a close relationship with your fathers??

Last edited:

DeadStar

Join a club or sport so you don't have to be around him too much

Bro,
Nigga can’t be happy for me, questions everything I do. Asks me about my paychecks, saying he wants to see how I spend my money, my fucking money dawg, can you you fucking believe that bro. Always talking about other people’s kids(if only he knew what I was doing, he would collapse and die bro)
He’ll call me like a dozen times just to ask where I am, if it’s like 10:30pm and I’m not home he’ll call me asking where I am. I usually lie and tell him that I’m working late night and just chill in my car smoking for hours until he goes to sleep and then I go home.

I recently moved in with my Dad, his uncle, and another guy and I’m starting to despise them with all my heart. My father and I are not close at all, he took us to Africa when we were kids and returned to America to work, he used to visit us every year for three months, he took us there when I was eight and that was the last time I had a dad around. And I’m those three months I saw him 2 to 3 times, I avoided him like the plague and it was just fucked up. Judgements after judgments of how I’m allegedly lazy, a failure, it reached a point where I honestly never gave a f*ck about what my father thinks of me, and I still don’t give a rat’s ass and it’s fucking scary dude. My mom was the father and mother of 8 of us and I really really respect and love her, I never lied to my mom(well I have but the minor lies, you know) about major things. I recently realized that I lie to my father a lot and I totally dislike being around him, I don’t remember ever having one good memory with him. Always judgemental and he thinks that everything he says is what’s gonna fly. Now don’t get me wrong I love my pops but these past months I find myself not wanting to be around him. Whenever we start talking we talk about school and the religion nothing else.( and it gets old). He always comments about my choice of outfits and wearing my hat backwards, unbuttoning my shirt and small trivial shit that doesn’t make sense at all.
I’m reaching my fucking boiling point wallahi. Shit is annoying as f*ck!! I started smoking a lot of weed just to fucking forget and not deal with his shit wallahi, the geedo is the only thing keeping me sane right now or else I would’ve snapped at him hard wallahi.

Somali spot guys do you have a close relationship with your fathers??
Kinda in the same spot. Always kinda despised him for not being there growing up. A guy needs a father figure in his life to figure shit out wallah. had to learn in the streets. I luckily didn't learn anymore in the streets. Dw, just remember that your father still loves you. smoke less geedo aswell. Don't become dependent.

Bro,
Nigga can’t be happy for me, questions everything I do. Asks me about my paychecks, saying he wants to see how I spend my money, my fucking money dawg, can you you fucking believe that bro. Always talking about other people’s kids(if only he knew what I was doing, he would collapse and die bro)
He’ll call me like a dozen times just to ask where I am, if it’s like 10:30pm and I’m not home he’ll call me asking where I am. I usually lie and tell him that I’m working late night and just chill in my car smoking for hours until he goes to sleep and then I go home.
As they say bro, fake it till u make it. Just be nice to him till you're living by yourself. If you're working save that money and buy a flat or something then u don't have to see him again unless u want to.

DeadStar

As they say bro, fake it till u make it. Just be nice to him till you're living by yourself. If you're working save that money and buy a flat or something then u don't have to see him again unless u want to.
I’ll definitely see my dad bro, I don’t hate him, it’s just that it’s getting too much.

How old are you? Do you think it's just your teen hormones that are making you so angry and depressed? I remember when I was around 15-17 I was almost always depressed and thought I hated my parents for every little thing they did that I didn't appreciate. Like when your dad asks what you're spending your money on, he might just be worried that you're throwing it away on temporary satisfaction instead of saving it up for the long term. Or when he asks where you are at night, he's probably just worried about your well being, after all as the saying goes " the child is the heart of the parent walking outside his body". He means well. He's your dad, it's not his intention to hurt you.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
I'm in a simular situation.
Its weird but I'm afraid of being diagnosed with depression but I'm going to have to get help and talk someday. This daily loop of frustration can only go on for so long.

Ah well.. Hope it gets better for you and others in a simular spot.

Teenage angst. We've all been there. What nobody tells you is that you're not supposed to like your parents growing up. They're controlling, domineering, and restrictive. Bunch of totalitarians if I ever saw one. Worse than Stalin. They decide what you eat, what you can watch, what time you go to bed, if you can go outdoors, if you can have friends over. Who the f*ck wants that?

It's not till you move out, get your own place, and rarely ever see them that your relationship will improve. Mine certainly did. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. Till then, accept you live under a dictatorship, grit your teeth, find hobbies that keep you away from family drama - football, cycling, gym, the mall, walks in the park, etc, and count off the days you move out.

Listen to what @Lola_Vonroe said about absorbing yourself in fun outdoor activities that don't involve the family. And drop @Benjamin a line or two. But whatever you do my little rabbit, don't PM me. I will beat you.

Bro,

if you're over 18 just move out. Get a place with a roommate and do you.

Teenage angst. We've all been there. What nobody tells you is that you're not supposed to like your parents growing up. They're controlling, domineering, and restrictive. Bunch of totalitarians if I ever saw one. Worse than Stalin. They decide what you eat, what you can watch, what time you go to bed, if you can go outdoors, if you can have friends over. Who the f*ck wants that?

It's not till you move out, get your own place, and rarely ever see them that your relationship will improve. Mine certainly did. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. Till then, accept you live under a dictatorship, grit your teeth, find hobbies that keep you away from family drama - football, cycling, gym, the mall, walks in the park, etc, and count off the days you move out.

Listen to what @Lola_Vonroe said about absorbing yourself in fun outdoor activities that don't involve the family. And drop @Benjamin a line or two. But whatever you do my little rabbit, don't PM me. I will beat you.

Isn't funny we feel that way but once we become parents we will be just as strict.

Isn't funny we feel that way but once we become parents we will be just as strict.
Hun, we're not having any kids. Jaad made me infertile.

Also, babies will end up sucking your melons more than I will. What's the point of feeding them breasts when they don't even enjoy it? How much sense does that make? Screw those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.