I still can't believe Hodan Nalayah is dead :(

I really used to consider myself a stoic, I rarely get phased by traumatic news or negative experiences. But I woke up 2 days in a row with a nagging feeling of dread thinking about the manner in which she was killed, who they have killed & really the future of the somali diaspora. I think this death will have an immeasurable effect for those in the Diaspora thinking of going back to Somalia. RIP Hodan

sorry guys, I was scrolling though these threads and refuse to allow us to move on from her death.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Alongside Hodan there were 34 other folks who committed suicide. Including this guy
I’d say he was the most valuable out of all of them. Dude was a millionaire that was bringing jobs to the region.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Interesting. Could you care to elaborate? do you mean to say anyone that goes to Somalia is willingly going on a suicide mission?

Not anyone that goes there but anyone who associates and works with a “government” that has 8 armies protecting it and that has rebels that control more lands and has penetrated every aspect of the society to me is seeking death.

Dude the hotel was a sitting duck. It was hosting government officials. You already know that these rebels are unstoppable due to the dysfunctionality of the tagtag “security” apparatus of the Maamulka Mogadishu.

Give me a break. It was a suicide.

It’s like me entering a lion’s quarter at a zoo. Was I seeking death or was I seeking life ?

Not anyone that goes there but anyone who associates and works with a “government” that has 8 armies protecting it and that has rebels that control more lands and has penetrated every aspect of the society to me is seeking death.

Dude the hotel was a sitting duck. It was hosting government officials. You already know that these rebels are unstoppable due to the dysfunctionality of the tagtag “security” apparatus of the Maamulka Mogadishu.

Give me a break. It was a suicide.

It’s like me entering a lion’s quarter at a zoo. Was I seeking death or was I seeking life ?

I think this logic is kinda faulty tbh..........

Are you really trying to say that the least secure compounds in the country, are official government residences and places that host government officials? To say they are a target is fair, but to say least secure is kind of a stretch imo......would like others to comment on this as I'm not an expert. If it is true (which i really doubt) somalia is truly fucked.

Also I don't think she really aligned herself with the government, in fact I think she repeated many times she isn't into politics. And I don't think she was ever a mouth piece for the government.

To bring us back to my earlier point, lets say you are a successful businessman from the diaspora. You are in kismayo. You have an option of staying at a hotel that hosts government officials and another just locals and diaspora with zero security. Is it really illogical to stay at the first option?

One more thing, I often wonder why so few Al-Shabab terrorists manage to kill so many. Often it is like 3-4 terrorists end up killing 30+. Everyone knows it's dangerous, why don't more people carry guns??

If I was a successful businessman in Somalia, you better believe I'd have an AR-15 nearby at all times. And I say that never even having touched a gun. I hate to be insensitive but Hodan's husband should have been armed........

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
I agree with @R.Kelly. Why are they even going to Somalia.It's not stable enough as PL at some extent. How did Hodan get to Kismayo isn't she from Las Anod in Sool?

Somalia is too unstable to be invested in.

Also why is the attack only focused on Hodan Nalayeh. What about the entrepreneurs.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I think this logic is kinda faulty tbh..........

Are you really trying to say that the least secure compounds in the country, are official government residences and places that host government officials? To say they are a target is fair, but to say least secure is kind of a stretch imo......would like others to comment on this as I'm not an expert. If it is true (which i really doubt) somalia is truly fucked.

Also I don't think she really aligned herself with the government, in fact I think she repeated many times she isn't into politics. And I don't think she was ever a mouth piece for the government.

To bring us back to my earlier point, lets say you are a successful businessman from the diaspora. You are in kismayo. You have an option of staying at a hotel that hosts government officials and another just locals and diaspora with zero security. Is it really illogical to stay at the first option?

I apologize for talking to you. Clearly you’re a novice to the matters of the shithole.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I agree with @R.Kelly. Why are they even going to Somalia.It's not stable enough as PL at some extent. How did Hodan get to Kismayo isn't she from Las Anod in Sool?

Somalia is too unstable to be invested in.

Also why is the attack only focused on Hodan Nalayeh. What about the entrepreneurs.

She was led over there after she met the man she would eventually marry and die with.

His business and political base over there.

Keep in mind Kismaayo happens to be an outlaw Wild West of Somalia. It is practically ruled by Kenya and their stooge the warlord Madoobe.

The rebels never bothered to qarxis there because they were so busy in Mogadishu. All of a sudden they noticed that a particular hotel was hosting the “federal government” and “corrupt-odayaal-to-be-bought-for-votes”. They also noticed that there was a TV personality, a famous somali and a great propaganda opportunity. You could not have invited the rebels more than that hotel presented to them.

Btw she was targeted by them as they stated in their audio release. They even send out a crazy warning “we are aware of your movements”.

Her death is a tragedy. She was by all appearances a great person. But as horrible as it was, her death may actually save lives. It gives the diaspora a big reality check about Somalia's dangerous insecurity. Don't be fooled folks, there's still a civil war ongoing in Somalia. Visit at your peril. Hodan was the symbol and mouthpiece for the 'Somalia Rising, Coming Back' narrative and now she's dead--brutally murdered while pregnant by terrorists. That's the reality there.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I too have not gotten over it. I cant seem to move on even though i never met her or know her. Hodan Naleya is us, here in Diaspora. She is not only a Somali sister, she is a Diaspora sister who wanted to make a change in the home land. Unfortunately, she will be a lesson to all of us- Dump Somalia.

Invader

I too have not gotten over it. I cant seem to move on even though i never met her or know her. Hodan Naleya is us, here in Diaspora. She is not only a Somali sister, she is a Diaspora sister who wanted to make a change in the home land. Unfortunately, she will be a lesson to all of us- Dump Somalia.
Should've stayed in Las Anod or PL at least anywhere in the north tbh

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Should've stayed in Las Anod or PL at least anywhere in the north tbh

I was thinking of the same way. I wish she was in las Anod. Her qabil inaa adeers would have protected her for sure. People were mean to her in Kismayo. One of the video in Kismaayo, Hodan told an elderly hoyo why are u critizing my aaf somali, u know i am trying hard. Another elderly criticized her Hijaab asking Hodan to wear a burkaah. I mean, i feel like she should have gone where she is loved,

is her deceased husband dhulbahante too? Curious

Her death is a tragedy. She was by all appearances a great person. But as horrible as it was, her death may actually save lives. It gives the diaspora a big reality check about Somalia's dangerous insecurity. Don't be fooled folks, there's still a civil war ongoing in Somalia. Visit at your peril. Hodan was the symbol and mouthpiece for the 'Somalia Rising, Coming Back' narrative and now she's dead--brutally murdered while pregnant by terrorists. That's the reality there.

ouch. disturbing but great point.

As much I loved watching her videos, and admired her enthusiasm and spirit, i can honestly say I was never convinced somalia was even remotely safe to visit and enjoy. You are right, it may save lives, in the short run though. Because if diaspora refuse to move there and inject new ideas and commerce, somalia simply will never move forward imo, or will take exponentially longer. So it may be that her death causes even more lost lives, in the long run. Somalia is in desperate need of reverse brain drain, and the PM regularly calls on the diaspora to come back. Her death will consider many in this generation to reconsider.

Invader

I was thinking of the same way. I wish she was in las Anod. Her qabil inaa adeers would have protected her for sure. People were mean to her in Kismayo. One of the video in Kismaayo, Hodan told an elderly hoyo why are u critizing my aaf somali, u know i am trying hard. Another elderly criticized her Hijaab asking Hodan to wear a burkaah. I mean, i feel like she should have gone where she is loved,

is her deceased husband dhulbahante too? Curious
I think he's reer Kismayo or a Kenyan.

Trending