I stand with Black people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
No you don't. They'd still be listed as south Asians as would Pakistani people. I said it's more understandable considering how large they've swelled at this point. Not that it's innately justifiable.

But what best interests if you don't mind me asking?

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
No you don't. They'd still be listed as south Asians as would Pakistani people. I said it's more understandable considering how large they've swelled at this point. Not that it's innately justifiable.

But what self interests if you don't mind me asking?

What separates Indians from certain Middle Easterners that they cluster with? Similarly if Asia is allowed to have South, East, North, West. Why can't Africa be accorded the same? Why do you have Sub-Saharan Africa vs. North Africa? Something doesn't seem right. I have a theory, Sub-Saharan Africa's population is less than a billion? Aren't they the langaabs of the world? No wonder they have racial labels imposed upon them from without, rather than being able to create their own and self-identify. I commend the Somalis for exercising some autonomy to spite everyone else.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Meyers_b11_s0476a.jpg

:umad:

What separates Indians from certain Middle Easterners that they cluster with? Similarly if Asia is allowed to have South, East, North, West. Why can't Africa be accorded the same? Why do you have Sub-Saharan Africa vs. North Africa? Something doesn't seem right. I have a theory, Sub-Saharan Africa's population is less than a billion? Aren't they the langaabs of the world? No wonder they have racial labels imposed upon them from without, rather than being able to create their own and self-identify. I commend the Somalis for exercising some autonomy to spite everyone else.
No people except the Europeans got to choose their racial label, because the Europeans created race and traveled the world to identify all people and categorize them into a racial group. They were actually weirdly detailed, having records of head shape, height, nose shape, eye shape, face width/height, arm length, skin colour, jaw structure, hairiness and hair texture

People who identify as black are people who were brought to America during Slavery, not knowing where they actually came from, and since there were so many of them, they came up with calling themselves black. I believe if you know where your roots are then you shouldn't claim black. I hope each and every black person traces their roots and know where they actually came from. The First Lady of the United States recently discovered her roots traces back to a 6 year old Ghanian slave who was her great grandmother, impressive!

But white people call themelves white, even though they may be German, Irish, or English. Their race is white. We're black, we may know our nationality, but that doesn't change it.

But white people call themelves white, even though they may be German, Irish, or English. Their race is white. We're black, we may know our nationality, but that doesn't change it.
Germans call themselves Germans and don't use racial label because Hitler did that. Irishmen call themselves Irish and Englishmen call themselves British.

There is no such thing as a black race or ethnicity

paragon

Europeans (whites as you call them) are closer to each other genetically, than Africans are to one another. It's like comparing apples and carrots.

Germans call themselves Germans and don't use racial label because Hitler did that. Irishmen call themselves Irish and Englishmen call themselves British.

There is no such thing as a black race or ethnicity

Race of course, is a social construct. But regardless of what germans call themselves, the rest of the world calls them white. Regardless of what we call ourselves, the rest of the world calls us black. That's how social constructs like race works.

If some of the blacks in America or in UK find out they have somali roots, does that mean they stop being black? Of course not.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
What discontinuous is referring to is Eugenics and it's actually how we got to the term survival of the fittest.

They weren't just weirdly specific they were in a sense deluded. But either way what paragon is saying is somewhat valid. Thr key take away is that white folk invented race, and even as the social construct dwindles, it's significance and meaning would obviously evolve as well. If this was the 19th century this would be more cut and dry but because it's not, it's best we not single race down to mere slavery.

Europeans (whites as you call them) are closer to each other genetically, than Africans are to one another. It's like comparing apples and carrots.

Social constructs don't care about genetics. Race is a social construct and will always be one. That being said, we're black by social constructs.

Race of course, is a social construct. But regardless of what germans call themselves, the rest of the world calls them white. Regardless of what we call ourselves, the rest of the world calls us black. That's how social constructs like race works.

If some of the blacks in America or in UK find out they have somali roots, does that mean they stop being black? Of course not.
First, we call ourselves Somali and we bound ourselves by being Somali

Second African Americans have on average 10-25% White ancestry, does that mean they're white? No.

paragon

No madow from the new world has Somali roots unless they are the byproduct of a recent exogenous relationship, with a Somali. As it's been said across the forum unless you are 100%, you aren't Somali.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Might start a kickstarter for Somali ancestry. Wouldn't it be grand if we had more sub saharan African dna than Shaq? :sheed:

First, we call ourselves Somali and we bound ourselves by being Somali

Second African Americans have on average 10-25% White ancestry, does that mean they're white? No.
Again, you keep bringing up genetics when social constructs such as race don't care about genetics and DNA.

If someone has a 25% white ancestry and 75% african, but they look white, talk, and act white. Then they're white by social constructs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending