I saw Ethiopians eating raw beef strips

Status
Not open for further replies.
They offered me and some other Somalis some

I was :hova: at first but became curious. I was close to saying:feedme:but decided against it.

Who here has tried raw meat, not including sushi?

:letmeeat:

Yeah, and it was actually really good. Juicy and very soft, the spices we were dipping it in and the wine made it perfect.

For what it's worth, it just sort of happened. I didn't plan on it or anything. An Ethiopian Amhara friend I was hanging out with invited me to dinner with some of his crew. We did some missions to get everything ready. We stopped by Shabelle, a local Ethiopian grocery store, for the fresh raw beef meat, injera and dipping sauces. It was also the first time I tried liquor.

Apparently it's a rare thing done only occasionally in their culture. Definitely want to try it again. Pushing and going past your comfort zone is a rewarding experience.

S

Shamis

I don't get Oromo who eat raw meat because they fought alongside Axmed Gurey and they helped him put all the xabesha fires out and make them eat this raw meat dish as a humiliation for their invasion of Muslim lands.

I don't get Oromo who eat raw meat because they fought alongside Axmed Gurey and they helped him put all the xabesha fires out and make them eat this raw meat dish as a humiliation for their invasion of Muslim lands.

Do you honestly believe this myth?

Anyways this is part of general mehal hager culture in the highlands. It goes across the few ethnic labels Somalis have heard of and is much older than Gurey.

S

Shamis

I don't hate Ethiopians, just their regimes and the people who support their regimes. Viva Oromia and Ogadenia.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Do you honestly believe this myth?

Anyways this is part of general mehal hager culture in the highlands. It goes across the few ethnic labels Somalis have heard of and is much older than Gurey.

It wasn't because of gurey your right, but I've had ethios tell me the exact same story of them having to eat raw meat because of somalis.

S

Shamis

It was because of Gurey and his army of Somalis and Oromos - you forget that Ethiopia was once an Islamic emirate.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
It was because of Gurey and his army of Somalis and Oromos - you forget that Ethiopia was once an Islamic emirate.

I've never heard that, somalis have been at war with Ethiopians since before we converted to Islam. I've always been told that it was wiil waal who drove them off.

S

Shamis

I've never heard that, somalis have been at war with Ethiopians since before we converted to Islam. I've always been told that it was wiil waal who drove them off.

I wish I knew more about Wiil Waal. What happened in that era? Please share.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I wish I knew more about Wiil Waal. What happened in that era? Please share.

Unfortunately I know nothing about him other than he came drove of Ethiopians out of their lands. I was told this a very long time ago by my ayeeyo AUN. I think he came after gurey. Anyways we've been giving these habash I a hard time for a long time.:lolbron:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending