I need new food recipes

Well lately I've been consuming the same foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I used to go to restaurants and cafes quite often but I'm very frugal at the moment. I'm restricting myself to the max until I pay off my university loans.

Anways post your favourite unique recipes that wouldn't be eaten in Somali homes.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Biyo ku shub saxan

Istofada daar

Saxanka kor sar istofada

Musac suug

Biyaha ha karkarto

Istofada dimeey

Biyaha ha qaboodo

Waaaalaaaax wa diyaar cuntada

@Basra

something very simple is making your own tortilla chips. I don't know- it might be very obvious and people might already know how to do it. it's a pretty simple thing but I think it's very satisfying.

you take whatever kind of oil you like, you heat the oil in a pan, you tear bits off corn tortillas, you put them in the pan, add salt and cook them in the oil and you have home-made tortilla chips. imo they are better than any you will get from a store or from any restaurant I've been to. Add guacamole, pico de gallo and I think you've got a really good side dish or snack.

myself, I eat tacos pretty frequently. I ate tacos yesterday. I had some earlier this week too.

I don't think making tacos is a big accomplishment. it's just very convenient for me. you just heat up tortillas and cook whatever kind of meat you want and that's all you need. you just wrap the meat in the tortilla and you have a taco. starch plus protein and I can pretty much get it ready in my sleep and then go do whatever else I want to do. Because it is that simple, it baffles me that I've seen people say they don't know how to make tacos. you can get fancy and add whatever you want but you just stick meat in a tortilla and you have a taco. add whatever suits you. I like avocados and salsa.

To me, making tacos is like pouring cereal in a bowl but I just mention it because I pretty much just cook tacos. it's quick, easy, I get the source of protein and go.

a little fancier is enchiladas.

I've made chicken enchiladas. I think it would be the same if it was beef or lamb but I've only done chicken. You have a tray that goes in the oven. you put corn tortillas on the tray. you put chicken (no bone and it's been cut into small pieces) in the tortillas. wrap the tortillas around the chicken. once you've done that, put enchilada sauce and cheese on top of the tortillas with the meat inside. have the oven heated. put the tray in the oven. then just check on the enchiladas and you should know when you want to pull out the tray. it should be crunchy without burnt. you do it and in my experience it's really good and people really like it.

I'm not really big on cooking, though. I pretty much just cook tacos but I can make enchiladas if I want to be a little more fancy.

imo though if you want to make Mexican food.... imo.... you should know everything above and you should learn how to make horchata. horchata is cool because I think Somalis probably don't know about it but I think pretty much anyone who tries it will like it. it's a drink- you can make what you're used to, serve horchata with it and I think people will like it.

Horchata. Imo the best dish in the world is menudo besides it being haraam. menudo is considered like a delicacy. I would recommend making some kind of halal version of menudo.

Horchata. Menudo. Tamales. Flautas. You could make pico de gallo. Frijoles charros.

Also you could make tostadas. Tostadas taste really good and are very simple. You have the hard cooked tortilla. They sell the tostada shell or you could just take corn tortillas and heat them until they become hard. Anyways, you take that, put refried beans on it, then you add whatever meat you want then you put lettuce then cheese and it tastes really good.

I know tortillas figure heavily in the food. In the Popol Vuh, sort of like the Mayan equivalent of the Bible, the Mayan version of Adam and Eve (peace be upon them) eat tortillas.

If you really want to make super incredible Mexican food, you could learn how to make homemade tortillas. Homemade tortillas are amazing.

I don't know how to make horchata, tamales, menudo, flautas, frijoles charros or pico de gallo but I could ask women in my family and see about getting recipes. The food is really good.

EDIT: anyone who serves cold tortillas is a barbarian. I have seen people do it and anyone who does it is a barbarian.

Last edited:

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
something very simple is making your own tortilla chips. I don't know- it might be very obvious and people might already know how to do it. it's a pretty simple thing but I think it's very satisfying.

you take whatever kind of oil you like, you heat the oil in a pan, you tear bits off corn tortillas, you put them in the pan, add salt and cook them in the oil and you have home-made tortilla chips. imo they are better than any you will get from a store or from any restaurant I've been to. Add guacamole, pico de gallo and I think you've got a really good side dish or snack.

myself, I eat tacos pretty frequently. I ate tacos yesterday. I had some earlier this week too.

I don't think making tacos is a big accomplishment. it's just very convenient for me. you just heat up tortillas and cook whatever kind of meat you want and that's all you need. you just wrap the meat in the tortilla and you have a taco. starch plus protein and I can pretty much get it ready in my sleep and then go do whatever else I want to do. Because it is that simple, it baffles me that I've seen people say they don't know how to make tacos. you can get fancy and add whatever you want but you just stick meat in a tortilla and you have a taco. add whatever suits you. I like avocados and salsa.

To me, making tacos is like pouring cereal in a bowl but I just mention it because I pretty much just cook tacos. it's quick, easy, I get the source of protein and go.

a little fancier is enchiladas.

I've made chicken enchiladas. I think it would be the same if it was beef or lamb but I've only done chicken. You have a tray that goes in the oven. you put corn tortillas on the tray. you put chicken (no bone and it's been cut into small pieces) in the tortillas. wrap the tortillas around the chicken. once you've done that, put enchilada sauce and cheese on top of the tortillas with the meat inside. have the oven heated. put the tray in the oven. then just check on the enchiladas and you should know when you want to pull out the tray. it should be crunchy without burnt. you do it and in my experience it's really good and people really like it.

I'm not really big on cooking, though. I pretty much just cook tacos but I can make enchiladas if I want to be a little more fancy.

imo though if you want to make Mexican food.... imo.... you should know everything above and you should learn how to make horchata. horchata is cool because I think Somalis probably don't know about it but I think pretty much anyone who tries it will like it. it's a drink- you can make what you're used to, serve horchata with it and I think people will like it.

Horchata. Imo the best dish in the world is menudo besides it being haraam. menudo is considered like a delicacy. I would recommend making some kind of halal version of menudo.

Horchata. Menudo. Tamales. Flautas. You could make pico de gallo. Frijoles charros.

Also you could make tostadas. Tostadas taste really good and are very simple. You have the hard cooked tortilla. They sell the tostada shell or you could just take corn tortillas and heat them until they become hard. Anyways, you take that, put refried beans on it, then you add whatever meat you want then you put lettuce then cheese and it tastes really good.

I know tortillas figure heavily in the food. In the Popol Vuh, sort of like the Mayan equivalent of the Bible, the Mayan version of Adam and Eve (peace be upon them) eat tortillas.

If you really want to make super incredible Mexican food, you could learn how to make homemade tortillas. Homemade tortillas are amazing.

I don't know how to make horchata, tamales, menudo, flautas, frijoles charros or pico de gallo but I could ask women in my family and see about getting recipes. The food is really good.

EDIT: anyone who serves cold tortillas is a barbarian. I have seen people do it and anyone who does it is a barbarian.
Props to you for always writing long paragraphs king

I feel you, cambuulo can get boring if you consume it every day. You should try different variants like salbuko, sareen, falfaliir :denzelnigga:

Trending

Latest posts