I need advice- plz help

Yaraye

VIP
I am 5'5 in height. I was 196 lb in 2018. By 2019 I was 186 lb. I weight lost a lot of weight in summer of 2020 fell to 165lb. I've maintained that weight from the rest of 2020 to ramadan 2021 (around may) which I fell to 160lb. After Ramadan the Summer of 2021, I went up to 169lb. I maintained 170-171 lbs until 2022 Ramadan. Summer I maintained 171 lbs. At the end of august until now I've went up to 177lb. I lost all that previous weight just by controlling my food portions, no gym. I've been eating out of control since august until now and I don't know how to stop myself. I seriously had very good discipling in 2020, but every time Ramadan shows up i lose my streak. I've tried all sorts of method to control myself, but can't seem to control myself at all. The worst thing is that I have an insatiable craving for sweets. When I try eating veggies I become disgusted and can't keep it down. In return my cravings for sweets increases even more. I'm becoming desperate. How can I get rid of this cravings and start eating veggies? and how do I prevent myself from reaching for sweets?

P.S. I have a treadmill at home and I use it. i'm just struggling with food.

Strawberry

𐒚𐒁𐒖𐒄,Soomaalinimada,𐒖𐒐𐒘𐒒𐒆𐒘
I am 5'5 in height. I was 196 lb in 2018. By 2019 I was 186 lb. I weight lost a lot of weight in summer of 2020 fell to 165lb. I've maintained that weight from the rest of 2020 to ramadan 2021 (around may) which I fell to 160lb. After Ramadan the Summer of 2021, I went up to 169lb. I maintained 170-171 lbs until 2022 Ramadan. Summer I maintained 171 lbs. At the end of august until now I've went up to 177lb. I lost all that previous weight just by controlling my food portions, no gym. I've been eating out of control since august until now and I don't know how to stop myself. I seriously had very good discipling in 2020, but every time Ramadan shows up i lose my streak. I've tried all sorts of method to control myself, but can't seem to control myself at all. The worst thing is that I have an insatiable craving for sweets. When I try eating veggies I become disgusted and can't keep it down. In return my cravings for sweets increases even more. I'm becoming desperate. How can I get rid of this cravings and start eating veggies? and how do I prevent myself from reaching for sweets?

P.S. I have a treadmill at home and I use it. i'm just struggling with food.
Wow I literally have the same concerns but for me I crave sweets not food it’s messed up hopefully someone give us good advice
Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yaraye

VIP
Wow I literally have the same concerns but for me I crave sweets not food it’s messed up hopefully someone give us good advice
Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
no, for me its really bad. sweets has consumed my thoughts. I think about sweets all the time like its a f***ing drug. I just find myself searching for it. I can't even function with the intense cravings that I get. it got to the point where i'm eating sweets as meals

Yaraye

VIP
no, for me its really bad. sweets has consumed my thoughts. I think about sweets all the time like its a f***ing drug. I just find myself searching for it. I can't even function with the intense cravings that I get. it got to the point where i'm eating sweets as meals
heart? don't heart me, help me! :mjcry: :damn:

Strawberry

𐒚𐒁𐒖𐒄,Soomaalinimada,𐒖𐒐𐒘𐒒𐒆𐒘
Inshallah it will get better
Friends Hug GIF by MOODMAN

there is a youTubers I been watching and it’s been giving me hope, I will look for the video and send it after I finish work 👍🏾
also I’m thinking to see a doctor since it’s like addictions like you mentioned maybe you should try too hopefully we get the help we can InshAllah 🤗

heart? don't heart me, help me! :mjcry: :damn:
You’ll have to find out what works for you when it comes to motivation, it doesn’t have to be about food, just find out what gets you doing something that’s different and uncomfortable (enough for it to become a long term habit) then try to apply that to your diet practices - I find it easier to motivate myself based on fear since I tend to view things long term, you might not be that type so my advice won’t be useful.

As a young woman who has been slim for most of my life 168cm/54kg (I don't have fast metablism) first I advise to put down the weight scale and don't use it, it will cause mental pressure on your mind to be a certain weight. Most eating disorder start with obsession to weight the right number, instead try to find healthy food that you genuinely like and crave for.

For example for breakfast try to eat something delicious and light like two slices of French toast, eggs, Pancakes.

096ce98a9970974ffb5b7d44b9b0548e.jpg

For lunch try something light and quick like a healthy sandwich.
2a5f351f6b52228e6fa5d21da9b23ea9.jpg

For dinner pasta or warm soup would do, try not to eat heavy food that can give you somtach/bloating.
43d7cc7303031a2f9c286a84ee0fd857.jpg

For issue of craving sweets, try to eat one sweet a day like a chocolate bar. You don't necessarily have to constantly eat nasty vegetables instead try a sweet fruit ball with bananas and a bit of honey, it still tastes sweet but it's healthy.
8f843445095e9257757596d02cbb62ec.jpg

For sports since you're a woman too I advise to not do hard-core exercises and instead walk more often to get slimmer and stronger legs, perhaps do more easy waist exercises to slimmer your figure and give you a nice silhouette (there are a lot of easy exercises on YouTube targeted for young women) that's my advise, it's keeps your body healthy and you don't have to constantly go to the gym.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You have enough baruur on your bones, pardon me, to be fine so if it were me I'd go on a 1-2 week water-fast with maybe an electrolyte/salt-water drink every once in a while in the middle. Should help you resert your appetite and any cravings and when you come off of it eat only red meats, dairy products (milk, laban, yogurts, kefir, cheeses, butter, ghee etc), eggs and seafood. Begin to lift weight as well once the fast has ceased and you're eating. No cardio. Focus on compound lifts and calisthenics with maybe just some isolation stuff for your calves and arms using dumbbells. Pull-ups, bench-press, barbell hip-thrusts, squats, deadlifts, chin-ups, dips and so on. Don't worry, it won't make you "boxy" or masculine in physique and will in fact tone you out.

Yaraye

VIP
Inshallah it will get better
Friends Hug GIF by MOODMAN

there is a youTubers I been watching and it’s been giving me hope, I will look for the video and send it after I finish work 👍🏾
also I’m thinking to see a doctor since it’s like addictions like you mentioned maybe you should try too hopefully we get the help we can InshAllah 🤗
plz make sure to send it. i'm getting desperate. Wallahi I can relate to addicts when they say drinking/ drugs is all they think about. My addiction is sweets and that's all i think about constantly even when I'm full. like tf?

Yaraye

VIP
As a young woman who has been slim for most of my life 168cm/54kg (I don't have fast metablism) first I advise to put down the weight scale and don't use it, it will cause mental pressure on your mind to be a certain weight. Most eating disorder start with obsession to weight the right number, instead try to find healthy food that you genuinely like and crave for.

For example for breakfast try to eat something delicious and light like two slices of French toast, eggs, Pancakes.

View attachment 250590

For lunch try something light and quick like a healthy sandwich.
View attachment 250592

For dinner pasta or warm soup would do, try not to eat heavy food that can give you somtach/bloating.
View attachment 250593

For issue of craving sweets, try to eat one sweet a day like a chocolate bar. You don't necessarily have to constantly eat nasty vegetables instead try a sweet fruit ball with bananas and a bit of honey, it still tastes sweet but it's healthy.
View attachment 250594

For sports since you're a woman too I advise to not do hard-core exercises and instead walk more often to get slimmer and stronger legs, perhaps do more easy waist exercises to slimmer your figure and give you a nice silhouette (there are a lot of easy exercises on YouTube targeted for young women) that's my advise, it's keeps your body healthy and you don't have to constantly go to the gym.

cut apples with lemon squeezed on them has been doing the trick. its like a very mild version of sour patches. however when I comes to sugar sweet craving, banana and dates are the only fruits that I find sweet enough to keep me off junk food sweets. I can't be eating so much banana tho. the amount of potassium i'm intaking will give me a heart attack

Yaraye

VIP
You have enough baruur on your bones, pardon me, to be fine so if it were me I'd go on a 1-2 week water-fast with maybe an electrolyte/salt-water drink every once in a while in the middle. Should help you resert your appetite and any cravings and when you come off of it eat only red meats, dairy products (milk, laban, yogurts, kefir, cheeses, butter, ghee etc), eggs and seafood. Begin to lift weight as well once the fast has ceased and you're eating. No cardio. Focus on compound lifts and calisthenics with maybe just some isolation stuff for your calves and arms using dumbbells. Pull-ups, bench-press, barbell hip-thrusts, squats, deadlifts, chin-ups, dips and so on. Don't worry, it won't make you "boxy" or masculine in physique and will in fact tone you out.
i don't understand half of the words you just used. what's calisthenics, and isolation? what lifts would be good for a total newbie? 5 lbs? 10lbs?. When you say water fast, do you mean drinking only water for a week? no food?

cut apples with lemon squeezed on them has been doing the trick. its like a very mild version of sour patches. however when I comes to sugar sweet craving, banana and dates are the only fruits that I find sweet enough to keep me off junk food sweets. I can't be eating so much banana tho. the amount of potassium i'm intaking will give me a heart attack
Try perhaps Strawberries slices with honey? It does the trick for me :)

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
If your goal is losing weight what you eat doesn't matter as much as how much how you eat(that doesn't mean eat junk food though it's s still bad for you).

As long as you're burning more calories than you consume(a calorie deficit) you will lose weight.

Trending

Latest posts