I need a break...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to focus on nature when people say climate change is pretty much irreversible at this point but Somalia is a lost cause? Make that make sense.

What are you doing or have you done for Somalia?

The difference is, people who are trying to combat climate change are united and making a stand against the politicians that are protecting the corporate greed of businessmen that are releasing toxic gases into our atmosphere. Protesters are united and strong and have an end goal. You can’t compare this cause to Somalia. The Somali people themselves don’t want to unite; they divide each other among tribal lines and resist any kind of nationwide unity because of it. That’s why Somalia will never get out of the ditch it finds itself in.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
I’ve decided to take a break from all things Somali and try to connect with myself and with nature more. My longing for a country to call home and people to call my people has been the driving force of my teenage years, but recently, I’ve come to accept that I may never see my home country stable and prospering during my lifetime and that I should instead focus on myself, what makes me happy and my own ambitions in life. The Somali community is very toxic and seems to be disintegrating every second. I hate how everyone is so judgemental and over-religious/fundementalist. I believe religion is a personal matter, a personal connection between you and God, and no one should dictate how I should practice my religion.

I’ve been more in touch with nature and am more interested in environmental matters, although I have always been since childhood, and stop following political matters. I want to do more to save our planet. I aim to go on a climate change protest to do my part. Now that I have finished university, I want to explore my spirituality and learn more about the world before I settle down and have my own family. Perhaps everyone else on this website should do the same. Come to terms with the reality: Somalia is a dead country and our community is literally a walking corpse. There’s no point in hanging onto old cultural values when there’s more important things to focus on, like our own spirituality and how we are destroying our planet. Focus on yourself and what you want and forget about dreams for a Somali state. It will never come to pass.

Why so inherently negative, saaxiib? If you truly believe that Somalia is a "dead country" then that should be all the more motivation for you to try and be active in Somali politics.

On the other hand, I understand that you personally need a break from Somali politics and all that to improve on your diin and participate in other activism--I just honestly can't grasp your reasoning behind it. Don't take this as a hate message, though; I wish you nothing less than the best for your future.

Take care, habibti.

Why so inherently negative, saaxiib? If you truly believe that Somalia is a "dead country" then that should be all the more motivation for you to try and be active in Somali politics.

On the other hand, I understand that you personally need a break from Somali politics and all that to improve on your diin and participate in other activism--I just honestly can't grasp your reasoning behind it. Don't take this as a hate message, though; I wish you nothing less than the best for your future.

Take care, habibti.

Thank you sis. I just don’t want to be a part of the Somali community anymore; it is toxic, judgemental, hateful and blind to the error of its own ways. I don’t want to drown in it. I’ve been too involved in politics and am tired of how nothing is changing. I feel like there’s so much more to life than politics and nationalism.

Tukraq

VIP
I'm sorry but. healthy government needs constant disagreement and a dissenting voice, these are good things, this is why I think unitary countries like china and Russia suck, politics should have constant debate and questioning of everything and passing legislation should be hard, this is how the better bills are passed and nobody is alienated or stepped on

The difference is, people who are trying to combat climate change are united and making a stand against the politicians that are protecting the corporate greed of businessmen that are releasing toxic gases into our atmosphere. Protesters are united and strong and have an end goal. You can’t compare this cause to Somalia. The Somali people themselves don’t want to unite; they divide each other among tribal lines and resist any kind of nationwide unity because of it. That’s why Somalia will never get out of the ditch it finds itself in.
Somalis back home are starting to look past these issues and there is a younger generation that are tired of qabyaalad. However, our qabils are our identities and can never be replaced the task is looking for common ground and keeping it at a minimum. Somalis are not unique in this regard. Other societies have gone through this. Somalis just need a wake up call.

Also Somalis back home and the ones in the diaspora are equally culpable. Take a break if you want but stop being hopeless and do something. Don't just expect others to do something.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Thank you sis. I just don’t want to be a part of the Somali community anymore; it is toxic, judgemental, hateful and blind to the error of its own ways. I don’t want to drown in it. I’ve been too involved in politics and am tired of how nothing is changing. I feel like there’s so much more to life than politics and nationalism.

Take all the break you need--I personally hope you can come back eventually though, inshallah. We shouldn't abandon one another at our low points; we ought to stick with each other through and through. It's easy to lose hope in the Somali community if you're overwhelmed on the negative aspects--I can understand how easy it is just to be frustrated at it all at the end as a result.

P.S I'm a guy.

tenor.gif

Take all the break you need--I personally hope you can come back eventually though, inshallah. We shouldn't abandon one another at our low points; we ought to stick with each other through and through. It's easy to lose hope in the Somali community if you're overwhelmed on the negative aspects--I can understand how easy it is just to be frustrated at it all at the end as a result.

P.S I'm a guy.

tenor.gif

You’re a guy??
BC2D9491-DBDF-4BAB-A757-40C55A0B7B57.gif

its not shit considering it represents the people pretty well from a governmental standpoint once the constitution is fully completed with a focus on federalism and a proper delegation of powers, were currently at the confederacy stage like America once was but once a proper constitution is completed with a balance of state and federal powers in mind like in America, we will be as good as you can get

Somalia is going through the same federalism as America i swear I'm done :drakelaugh:

@HIGH PRIESTESS best of luck to you in your journey.

I forgot where i read this statement but it went like this, Somalis as a collective are chaotic but as individuals they are brilliant, no truer words spoken.

Tukraq

VIP
Somalia is going through the same federalism as America i swear I'm done :drakelaugh:
they literally had same problems as we do now under confederacy, they then had delegations to write the best constitution, we still haven't finished our constitution but we should do the same type of thing giving the feds and states and local gov separate powers and a Supreme Court to mediate

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
And don’t worry @geeljire madaxweyne @CaliTedesse and other brothers, I’m not going to turn into a cursed SJW or a . I’d rather die :mjkkk:

great to hear that my ukhti stay away from sjws stick to yorue beutifull culture history and background may you suceed in saving the enviroment and helping the world good luck to you abayo

also about this dress culture i dont think wearing an abayo and a hijab is necessory our somali girls normally wear dirac and garbasaar which is in tune with our deen

they literally had same problems as we do now under confederacy, they then had delegations to write the best constitution, we still haven't finished our constitution but we should do the same type of thing giving the feds and states and local gov separate powers and a Supreme Court to mediate

And you think this is going be solved any time soon ? i wouldn't hold my breath.

by the way if I'm not mistaken 1st American constitution was signed in 1787 right, it is almost 2020 atleast 6 to 7 generations have to pass by before any resemblance of normalcy returns to Somalia, and thats only if a entity called Somalia even exists at that point, and I'm not being negative or pessimistic I'm just being realistic.

Tukraq

VIP
And you think this is going be solved any time soon ? i wouldn't hold my breath.

by the way if I'm not mistaken 1st American constitution was signed in 1787 right, it is almost 2020 atleast 6 to 7 generations have to pass by before any resemblance of normalcy returns to Somalia, and I'm not being negative or pessimistic I'm just being realistic.
that American constitution is the same as the current one and has lasted 200 years it had normalcy right when it was ratified not in 200 years:kodaksmiley: Japan to the American constitution after ww2 and you can see how quick there gov turned around from military dictatorship to what they have now, we can have the same, id expect our constitution to be done be next presidency at the latest so 2 to 3 years

that American constitution is the same as the current one and has lasted 200 years it had normalcy right when it was ratified not in 200 years:kodaksmiley: Japan to the American constitution after ww2 and you can see how quick there gov turned around from military dictatorship to what they have now, we can have the same, id expect our constitution to be done be next presidency at the latest so 2 to 3 years

Reread what i wrote, and in no way can you compare Japan to Somalia no way, they had multiple dynasties and emperor's who ruled the whole country for hundreds if not thousands of years, they know about order it's in their culture for millenias, that's why they bounced back so fast and many other factors to include aswell, on the other hand Somalis don't know what order is or following the laws of the land this all new to them, Somalis are anarchic by nature and have been so for centuries.

It is a pipe dream what you are selling imho, anyway let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I’ve decided to take a break from all things Somali and try to connect with myself and with nature more. My longing for a country to call home and people to call my people has been the driving force of my teenage years, but recently, I’ve come to accept that I may never see my home country stable and prospering during my lifetime and that I should instead focus on myself, what makes me happy and my own ambitions in life. The Somali community is very toxic and seems to be disintegrating every second. I hate how everyone is so judgemental and over-religious/fundementalist. I believe religion is a personal matter, a personal connection between you and God, and no one should dictate how I should practice my religion.

I’ve been more in touch with nature and am more interested in environmental matters, although I have always been since childhood, and stop following political matters. I want to do more to save our planet. I aim to go on a climate change protest to do my part. Now that I have finished university, I want to explore my spirituality and learn more about the world before I settle down and have my own family. Perhaps everyone else on this website should do the same. Come to terms with the reality: Somalia is a dead country and our community is literally a walking corpse. There’s no point in hanging onto old cultural values when there’s more important things to focus on, like our own spirituality and how we are destroying our planet. Focus on yourself and what you want and forget about dreams for a Somali state. It will never come to pass.

Does this epiphany have anything to do with your recent trip to Somalia?

Aww, boohoo. Walahi you sound like some sheltered child that finally found out the world is not all sunshine and rainbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.