I just don’t see myself marrying a white person

Xoxoxo

VIP
Interesting. Misinformed? In what way?

I like guys from my clan because we have the same micro-culture, they are in no way braggadocious about qabil nor are they related to anyone who is and also on good terms with other Somali clans.
:banderas:I'm passing on the privilege of neutrality to my children. Also, same qabil doesn't imply the same bloodline. They are not directly related more so in terms of lineal/patrilineal descent. My parents are the same macro-clan but share no relation and I'd stay clear of cousins.

That's sweet. I am a beast too. :faysalwtf: Just ask the members on SSpot that have known me for years.
Cadcads are heavily inbreeded to the point that it is just disgusting. My granparents are second cousins while the rest of my maternal family ended up marrying their cousins except for this one uncle off mine who married another women from a different sub clan.

I hate my fathers clan and actually don’t even want to ever acknowledge that part of mine.

the further I stray away from those 2 tribes, the better for me. I’ll 99% get a deformed child if I marry another cadcad person (no debate about that). I’ll just go for a Somali guy from the central or smt. Won’t ever go with a guy from banaadir

Nalaaye floxks

Life is like a sandwich, the bread comes first💰💯
I’ll either marry a somali, North African, colombian, puerto rican, Guyanese, Indian, south sudanese, syrian but allah knows best:manny:

Idgaf what race you are, if you a muslim and like Kay flock, marry me💍

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Cadcads are heavily inbreeded to the point that it is just disgusting. My granparents are second cousins while the rest of my maternal family ended up marrying their cousins except for this one uncle off mine who married another women from a different sub clan.

I hate my fathers clan and actually don’t even want to ever acknowledge that part of mine.

the further I stray away from those 2 tribes, the better for me. I’ll 99% get a deformed child if I marry another cadcad person (no debate about that). I’ll just go for a Somali guy from the central or smt. Won’t ever go with a guy from banaadir
Oh, I see. In that case, it's best to stay away at least for more genetic diversity.

My parents' sub-clans were not allowed to marry until 100 years ago because they considered each other brothers (despite being still quite distant). We're the opposite in that we practiced marrying from other branches of our qabil or neighboring clans to the East or West of us. I think the phenomenon of cousin marriage among ethnic Somalis is new. Though I can't speak for other tribes since I lack insight into their nuances. @Shimbiris might be able to provide more information on this subject.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Oh, I see. In that case, it's best to stay away at least for more genetic diversity.

My parents' sub-clans were not allowed to marry until 100 years ago because they considered each other brothers (despite being still quite distant). We're the opposite in that we practiced marrying from other branches of our qabil or neighboring clans to the East or West of us. I think the phenomenon of cousin marriage among ethnic Somalis is new. Though I can't speak for other tribes since I lack insight into their nuances. @Shimbiris might be able to provide more information on this subject.
My ancestors were dumb enough to f*ck around with each other. Ever noticed why we looked very funny? Even if an Cadcad is dark you can spot them from a mile away because of the fact they look inbreeded (sorry not sorry).

although my fathers clan are scumbags, if it wasn’t for his dna I would have looked like my cousins, thank goodness

My ancestors were dumb enough to f*ck around with each other. Ever noticed why we looked very funny? Even if an Cadcad is dark you can spot them from a mile away because of the fact they look inbreeded (sorry not sorry).

although my fathers clan are scumbags, if it wasn’t for his dna I would have looked like my cousins, thank goodness
Now I’m too curious to know what your clan is. I wonder if we are the same clan :mjcry:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Interesting. Misinformed? In what way?

I like guys from my clan because we have the same micro-culture, they are in no way braggadocious about qabil nor are they related to anyone who is and also on good terms with other Somali clans.
:banderas:I'm passing on the privilege of neutrality to my children. Also, same qabil doesn't imply the same bloodline. They are not directly related more so in terms of lineal/patrilineal descent. My parents are the same macro-clan but share no relation and I'd stay clear of cousins.

I get that tbh, I have cursed my kids to a lifetime of FKD by being MJ.

They’re never going to be neutral.

:snoop:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

I think they probably first practiced intermixing with many groups and then decided to marry each other because their population is smaller, to keep their sub-culture going. Not sure why they practice very close cousin marriage specifically because they could marry from further away even if they still marry CadCads. Inbreeding is unhealthy and it can ruin your line.

I get that tbh, I have cursed my kids to a lifetime of FKD by being MJ.

They’re never going to be neutral.

:snoop:

There is nothing wrong with belonging to a particular clan. Every clan has both positive and negative stereotypes about them which aren't always true and should in theory not eclipse the character of people. However, once upon a time Habar Gidir sister told me something quite random.

She exclaimed this. If you had to choose between two equal candidates and one was your qabil and one wasn't who would you choose. I naively exclaimed the one that seems most suitable and kinder of the two. :ohlord: She scolded me and said choose the Gadabuursi guy, nayaa. They are equally matched dammit. And this follows the natural law of kinship. I countered within what universe are people equally matched. :wtf: The sister thought my naivety was ridiculous and I found her to be qabilist. :gaasdrink: Those were my younger days before I understood the sagacity of her words. Thank you somnet for making me woke to qabil and the unhingedness of some people.

As an aside, the thing is Somalis haven't evolved past their unfair mischaracterizations and peculiar forms of collectivism which I'm more aware of now.

I want to be with a somali man who is kind, educated, monogamous and respects women but the men I run into with these qualities are non Somali (has to do more with my location).

I do find ajinabi men with this traits attractive tbh, but I'm holding out for a unicorn Farah.

Flirting in af somali hits different :diddyass:
don't end up being old af tryna find a unicorn, not to say marry a revert fetishizer; but if the guy fits all your categories but is nonsomali why not?

gl

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member

Aryahee, maxaa la qoslee? :pacspit: :pacspit:

don't end up being old af tryna find a unicorn, not to say marry a revert fetishizer; but if the guy fits all your categories but is nonsomali why not?

gl

You kinda right luv.
These days I am starting to feel guilty because deep down I know the main reason I did not give these men a chance was because they were not Somali. Does this make me a racist? 🤔

The truth is, I just want to have what my somali parents have in their marriage.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
At the end of the day, I believe in qadr. If Ilahi destined a non somali to be my husband, it will happen 🙏

You kinda right luv.
These days I am starting to feel guilty because deep down I know the main reason I did not give these men a chance was because they were not Somali. Does this make me a racist? 🤔

The truth is, I just want to have what my somali parents have in their marriage.

At the end of the day, I believe in qadr. If Ilahi destined a non somali to be my husband, it will happen 🙏
You don't need to make all these excuses sis.. Go get your ajnabi husband.. You know the grass always look greener on the other side :stevej:

You kinda right luv.

I'm tryna have what your aabo and hooyo had mayne:feedme:

Everyday I make dua I get a loving, gorgeous, calm hearted and obedient Somali wife.

Somali women might seem like they're fiery(which I love, but not when it makes them crazy), but walahi they're sweet most of the time.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
You kinda right luv.

Not a racist, opposite of that infact. As long as you/your family make sure the guys intentions are good then go for it.

Besides the kids gonna be culturally somali anyway since you'll likely take care of them mostly.

Trending

Latest posts