I just don’t see myself marrying a white person

I love this! Now we can have dialogues! When I voice my opinion people call me a BLM xalimo loool which am far from that but some Somali men lack self awareness. Some would literally become a drug dealer than go to college ( not uni!) than to get a trade or a job. They always chose fast money! You and I know that some somali guys in our city are knee deep in this lifestyle. Half of the Somali guys in my grade are either dead or arrested. So marrying an ajanabi is inevitable. The numbers of eligible somali men for women don’t add up. The ratios off. Also, I agree that somali hoyos aren’t strict at all on their boys but they have us on a chokehold. Anyways am over my city most are trashh 😫
It's easier to talk to you about it cause we're from the same city so you know first hand what I'm talking about. From a normal Somali niggas perspective, wallahi it's annoying af when ever I go out. I'm always getting these death stares outside by random xalimos & haboyare's cause I look pretty much identical to all the hood rats (puffer jacket & my hairstyle). I understand why they have these preconceived notions about me obviously but it's still pretty uncomfortable. Not to mention ajnabis lmao. It's pretty shitty that even my own people hate my guts without even having a convo with me but like I said I understand why they would :snoop:

Somali people (men and women) most are hassid if am being honest. The neighbourhood aunties are in my business constantly even tho am not doing anything bad but going to school and working part time. They make everything such as mundane as being a productive member of society such a big deal. Sometimes I get scared of getting the evil eye SubhnAllah. If a husband is good to his wife they want to cause problems. I have seen it. Honestly I avoid a lot of Somalis who aren’t my immediate family and my friends. Tooo much bad vibes for me!
Honestly, I've only observed xaasidnimo in older ladies, and to an extent, odeys. But almost never in the diaspora born generation. Never got that xaasid vibe from my girls for instance :manny:

It's easier to talk to you about it cause we're from the same city so you know first hand what I'm talking about. From a normal Somali niggas perspective, wallahi it's annoying af when ever I go out. I'm always getting these death stares outside by random xalimos & haboyare's cause I look pretty much identical to all the hood rats (puffer jacket & my hairstyle). I understand why they have these preconceived notions about me obviously but it's still pretty uncomfortable. Not to mention ajnabis lmao. It's pretty shitty that even my own people hate my guts without even having a convo with me but like I said I understand why they would :snoop:
❤️❤️❤️❤️ I won’t give Somali guys dirty looks when I see them approaching me or shut them down from now on LOL. I’ll first asses the vibe and see what time he’s on.

Am sorry you have to go through that. I know a lot of Somali guys aren’t like that but damn there’s so many in our city alone even my brother is in jail as we speak LOOL it’s crazy. Just stay focus on school, work, and do the things you love and ignore the people. Stay prayed up adkhar in the morning and evening so they don’t unintentionally give your ayn since your a rare breed here; being a normal Somali guy.

Honestly, I've only observed xaasidnimo in older ladies, and to an extent, odeys. But almost never in the diaspora born generation. Never got that xaasid vibe from my girls for instance :manny:
I got it from habos and girls my generation tbh. I have a lot of stories but Alhamdulilah I found my tribe and we help each other a lot. Am happy you haven’t faced that Allahumma barik laha. It’s hard because you least except it from your people but it can happen.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ I won’t give Somali guys dirty looks when I see them approaching me or shut them down from now on LOL. I’ll first asses the vibe and see what time he’s on.

Am sorry you have to go through that. I know a lot of Somali guys aren’t like that but damn there’s so many in our city alone even my brother is in jail as we speak LOOL it’s crazy. Just stay focus on school, work, and do the things you love and ignore the people. Stay prayed up adkhar in the morning and evening so they don’t unintentionally give your ayn since your a rare breed here; being a normal Somali guy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Np walal! Allahumma barik lahu! I hope nothing but the best for you and the 3 year program at Algonquin is very good! My older sister friend went back to school to that that program after doing political science at u of Ottawa. I was lowkey thinking of switching but I’ll stay with my program for now! Also there’s a lot of IT jobs in our city! Wish you nothing khair! Again, stay prayed up because ayn is real! I’ll send you the link I do every morning and evening 🤲🏾 ( it takes only ten minutes)

Np walal! Allahumma barik lahu! I hope nothing but the best for you and the 3 year program at Algonquin is very good! My older sister friend went back to school to that that program after doing political science at u of Ottawa. I was lowkey thinking of switching but I’ll stay with my program for now! Also there’s a lot of IT jobs in our city! Wish you nothing khair! Again, stay prayed up because ayn is real! I’ll send you the link I do every morning and evening 🤲🏾 ( it takes only ten minutes)
:mjcry: I would've never expected to get such a wholesome message on somalispot of all places. I feel sad but happy at the same what a odd emotion.

:mjcry: I would've never expected to get such a wholesome message on somalispot of all places. I feel sad but happy at the same what a odd emotion.
Np! Am all for trolling aswell but I always keep in mind that there’s a human being with feelings on the other side plus your Somali as much as you s piss me off you guys have a soft spot in my heart. I was drilled Somalinoo till I dhimo since I was young but sometimes I want to fight y’all but I always feel the most comfortable with my people! So yeah

I'll stick with my own because I don't want to witness confused hooyo matalos running around; I'm also paranoid that if I made the mistake of marrying out, my descendants will Anglicise or discard the name of my forefathers -- the ultimate death.

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
50% is a low blow tbh it's probably higher. Maybe the European Street scene is different lakiin in Henny land it's really common.
I don't know where you live, but I didn't see this very much in the usa.

Somalis in the usa largely keep out of gang wars and gangs in general. We kind of self segregate and have our own places to hangout.

The usa is very vast so while there are some bad areas, most places somalis are at don't have issues with other ethnicities.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I was smiling until you claim you would limit yourself with your own sub clan.

The Office No GIF
Not limiting. Just making it more specific. It is hard to choose if your search query is too broad. I know a guy with the same maternal haplogroup and closer to my specific subclan (narrower in the chain than Samaroon/Gadabuursi) with 4 degrees wanted to court me. I'm still undecided.

I bring a lot to the table. And it's never been hard for me to attract my compatriots or tol. I do not have a scarcity of options (I never thought like that ever). What I have had is romantic laziness and commitment shyness. You may not realize this, but it's easier and less complicated being single.

When I'm not babysitting you guys, working two jobs, and forever nestled in academia, maybe I'll think about marriage.

I don’t think I meet any of those criteria but good luck to you.

:samwelcome:
I'm older than most of you youngins' so you need not worry but thank you.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Ugh I can’t imagine marrying people from my mothers or fathers tribe. I don’t want misformed children so I’ll stay far away from my bloodline

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Ugh I can’t imagine marrying people from my mothers or fathers tribe. I don’t want misformed children so I’ll stay far away from my bloodline
Interesting. Misinformed? In what way?

I like guys from my clan because we have the same micro-culture, they are in no way braggadocious about qabil nor are they related to anyone who is and also on good terms with other Somali clans.
:banderas:I'm passing on the privilege of neutrality to my children. Also, same qabil doesn't imply the same bloodline. They are not directly related more so in terms of lineal/patrilineal descent. My parents are the same macro-clan but share no relation and I'd stay clear of cousins.

@Sophisticate

I know some people will say I’m out of my league going for the likes of you.

But who am I kidding you’re too good for me.

but at least give this beast a try.
beauty and the beast smile GIF by Disney

That's sweet. I am a beast too. :faysalwtf: Just ask the members on SSpot that have known me for years.

Trending