I have lost faith in Somali Unity and Nationhood. Is there any way Darod can secede from Somalia and become a UN member ?

That's true. I heard that how it was socially frowned/looked down upon it was for Somalis to engage in farmings back then up until quite recently. You had to be a xoolo dhaqato and a geeljire to be recognized as true masculine Somali. I don't regret one bit that we left behind that rafaad lifestyle tho. Now everyone is copying us. Oh Allah, the mighty, turning our countrymen to the right direction centuries later :rejoice:

According to Richard Burton Geri and Bartiire picked up farming 3 centuries ago. Richard was in Harar 1800s so 3 centuries prior would be 1500s. Right around futuh time!

Farming is the way forward. It’s bashaal and more civilised.

Yeah, Somalia needs to launch a nation-wide campaign to encourage and support people living in fertile and arable land to start farming.

In 2022 and 2023, the Ethiopian gov't have been investing heavily throughout the country and in one year, it increased by four fold from wheat alone, despite droughts. Many of the regions in DDS have quite some potentials too. Hopefully the locals take advantage of this and in the process become self-reliant.

Last edited:
According to Richard Burton Geri and Bartiire picked up farming 3 centuries ago. Richard was in Harar 1800s so 3 centuries prior would be 1500s. Right around futuh time!

I think it was a bit too early in the times of the Futuh. But you're right that it was 3-ish centuries ago, however from today. So 1700s.

I think it was a bit too early in the times of the Futuh. But you're right that it was 3-ish centuries ago, however from today. So 1700s.
I wasn’t sure if it was 3 centuries from now or 3 centuries during Richards time. The number 3 got stuck in my head so I must have a good reason for it. Must have been my calculations instead of the actual wordings of Richard. I read it some time back so I am not sure 🤔. Let me re read the notes. I geuss you are right since 1700s is 3 centuries ago so the number 3 got stuck in my head.

Yeah, Somalia needs to launch a nation-wide campaign to encourage and support people living in fertile and arable land to start farming.

This year and last year, the Ethiopian gov't have been investing heavily the same throughout the country. In one year, it increased by four fold from wheat alone, despite droughts. Many of the region in DDS have potentials too. Hopefully the locals take advantage of this and in the process become self-reliant.
I'm expecting big things from Somalia soon. The amount of agricultural companies that could rise from there will be interesting. NGO leeches who don't want Somalia to gain food security will be driven out.

Trending