I hate diversity hires and they’re an insult to the minorities that actually had to work hard

Correct. He converted to Catholicism and Anglicized our surname. His wife (my grandma) introduced him to it. Reed was chosen because
1. As a reference to British Somaliland

2. It’s a pun on our Dark reddish-brown skin because it’s means be a nickname-derived surname referring to a person's complexion or hair being ruddy or red.

so you’re telling me that a Somali man converted to Catholicism and decided to change his surname to Reed? Also, what relevant reference would Reed be to any Waqoyi Somali man?
3. The original Englishmen with the Reed surname have a similar background . The Reeds of Northumberland in England were originally centered around the chief Reed residence at Troughend in Redesdale, on the banks of the River Rede. They fought with the Scottish of the River Rede. Northumberland is famous for their ports and is also located by the North Sea. His folks were in Issaq, which also has known for ports. Northumbria was the Ogaden of the British Isles, due it being one of two counties in England which border with Scotland.
Why would a Somali man take on the surname of Englishmen?

@Kurobecky us isaaqs are not fond of the British at all. Those on top are just using being a part of British somaliland in the past as an excuse to break off from somalia as a whole this whole closeness to the brits is just so they can have a country other than Taiwan support there independence.
We hate the brits and inshallah somalia remains whole

@angl
@Kurobecky us isaaqs are not fond of the British. Those on top are just using being a part of British somaliland as an excuse to break off from somalia as a whole this whole closeness to the brits is just so they can have a country other than Taiwan support there independence.
We hate the brits and inshallah somalia remains whole
I thought Somalis hated everyone. I met in a tongue and cheek way. It was like how you can respect your enemy or admire things about them. I’m trying to world it right

@angl

I thought Somalis hated everyone. I met in a tongue and cheek way. It was like how you can respect your enemy or admire things about them. I’m trying to world it right
Na we don't respect the British either and yes I guess somalis tend to hate everyone but there are a few exceptions. The brits aren't one of them.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
i agreed with you. but then i saw the recent government trying to enter the "east african community" and im starting to believe it. youll be surprised at the number of kenyans in somalia.
Walahi I nearly had a heart attack when I heard somalia wanted to join the east African community.
This nigga wants us to go extinct.
If the disgrace to Somalia ever tried to apply us again I have no choice but to join Al shabab and volunteer as a suicide bomber to kill him.
It was nice know ya'll

So you mean to tell me some random Somali man in the 20th century traveled to the United States
1. Converted to Christianity
2. Changed his last name to gaalo last name (Therefore giving up his qabil)
3. Changed his last name to a tribute to his British Colonizer

I simply do not believe it this is like a 20th century @AbdiFreedom :faysalwtf:

Khaemwaset

VIP
So you mean to tell me some random Somali man in the 20th century traveled to the United States

That man should have his somali card revoked.
He's a habesha now. Nah not even a habesha is as bad as him cause at least they fight cadaans.
Bro changed his last name in tribute to his coloniser, he is a white man now.

I don't believe this shit happend. Abdi freedom is trolling us

I’m sorry but it’s very hard to believe they don’t consider you as black. If you looked Somali I could believe it.

He's a habesha now. Nah not even a habesha is as bad as him cause at least they fight cadaans.

On 14 March 1914, immigration inspectors at Ellis Island recorded the entry of a group of over 60 passengers from Northeast Africa that had just arrived on the S.S. Chicago from Le Havre, France. The group's size coupled with their exoticism would attract attention, including from Augustus Sherman who was prompted to organize the group for multiple photos. As it would turn out, capturing people's attention was perhaps the whole point of their migration to the United States, of which they received a great deal during their time in New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. However, they were neither immigrants, migrants, or tourists—categories far out of reach to ordinary Africans for decades to come—but rather "non-immigrant aliens" who's ethnicity and culture would be used as entertainment in choreographed public spectacles. For over one hundred years, the identity of this highly atypical group of arrivals at Ellis Island has remained stubbornly obscure and the story of their long year in the United States never fully told.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member

I believe it. There were Somalis that arrived through Ellis Island in the early 1900s. Even probably one in 1889 if "Abraham Abdi" who was living in Turkey is Somali.

The ones that aren’t indoctrinated into the hood mindset. Like Eric July and Thomas Sowell. The Gullah is master race of blacks Americans.
The Gullah Island was that show when I was a kid
Wait what? Those in the hood are born into those particular circumstances from generational systemic racism. No one chooses to have that mindset, it's all they know.

This is very offensive and wrong on all levels.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Wait what? Those in the hood are born into those particular circumstances from generational systemic racism. No one chooses to have that mindset, it's all they know.

This is very offensive and wrong on all levels.
I don't know what stuff is done in America but there should be a big push from the educated black Americans to take lead and invest in the black community.
As shown time and time again, white people happily press their thumb on the black americans so there is no choice but to fight back even harder. Good luck to ya'll from across the pond

I don't know what stuff is done in America but there should be a big push from the educated black Americans to take lead and invest in the black community.
As shown time and time again, white people happily press their thumb on the black americans so there is no choice but to fight back even harder. Good luck to ya'll from across the pond
I do not disagree with this point. It's needed I'll say that.

I believe it. There were Somalis that arrived through Ellis Island in the early 1900s. Even probably one in 1889 if "Abraham Abdi" who was living in Turkey is Somali.

They wouldn’t have changed their name though. There has been Somalis going to Wales and Sheffield around that time period. In fact the oldest SomAli community is found in those places i mentioned and no, there is no record of any of them changing their name to an cadaan one.

There is nothing unusual about a Somali living abroad in the early 1900s. Many Somali men were sailors who would often have to live in the UK and other places. We have records of Somali in Yemen in the 1880s working for British ships.

Trending

Latest posts