I got a Bantu haplogroup

Just got my results and I saw this.

Is this normal for a Somali :kanyehmm:

bantu hap.png

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
Alot of Somalis have that maternal haplogroup.

I have a Jewish one that barely exists among Somalis. It's very rare and totally alien to Africa.

:trumpsmirk:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
L3 isn’t a bantu haplogroup. It’s a Cushitic haplogroup that many Great Lakes bantus have due to absorbing the native cushites of the region prior to the expansion. Your ancestors were most likely a group related to somalis who were later assimilated. These folk tend to be popular amongst many digil, mirifle, oromo and even certain samaale groups. What’s your Qabil btw?

L3 isn’t a bantu haplogroup. It’s a Cushitic haplogroup that many Great Lakes bantus have due to absorbing the native cushites of the region prior to the expansion. Your ancestors were most likely a group related to somalis who were later assimilated. These folk tend to be popular amongst many digil, mirifle, oromo and even certain samaale groups. What’s your Qabil btw?
I don't think L3 is Cushitic, it's probably some East African hunter gatherer haplogroup, I was just joking about the Bantu.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Som

VIP
Just got my results and I saw this.

Is this normal for a Somali :kanyehmm:

View attachment 222084
It's a maternal haplogroup. It is normal for somalis to have native African maternal haplogroups because we literally Africans. This is normal for horners, as a somali you should expect this result and E1B1, T or more rarely J as a paternal haplogroup. If you had a Bantu paternal haplogroup then that would be very uncommon but maternal is normal .Even some Arabs have it
From Wikipedia: L3 is common in Northeast Africa and some other parts of East Africa,[13] in contrast to others parts of Africa where the haplogroups L1 and L2 represent around two thirds of mtDNA lineages.[14] L3 sublineages are also frequent in the Arabian peninsula.

It doesn't mean you are Bantu,it means you have a maternal ancestor (that lived thousands and thousands of years ago ) jn common with other people who may or may not be Bantu. That's it.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
L3 is plenty common:

L3a, L3b, L3d, L3h... L3 is the single most common Somali L group and has nothing to do with Bantus. These DNA sites are genuinely retarded sometimes and terribly mislead people.

It's a maternal haplogroup. It is normal for somalis to have native African maternal haplogroups because we literally Africans. This is normal for horners, as a somali you should expect this result and E1B1, T or more rarely J as a paternal haplogroup. If you had a Bantu paternal haplogroup then that would be very uncommon but maternal is normal .Even some Arabs have it
From Wikipedia: L3 is common in Northeast Africa and some other parts of East Africa,[13] in contrast to others parts of Africa where the haplogroups L1 and L2 represent around two thirds of mtDNA lineages.[14] L3 sublineages are also frequent in the Arabian peninsula.

It doesn't mean you are Bantu,it means you have a maternal ancestor (that lived thousands and thousands of years ago ) jn common with other people who may or may not be Bantu. That's it.
I know sxb I was joking, for Paternal it said I have it in common with European farmers

L3 is plenty common:

L3a, L3b, L3d, L3h... L3 is the single most common Somali L group and has nothing to do with Bantus. These DNA sites are genuinely retarded sometimes and terribly mislead people.
I got L3a, 23andMe said it's rare, can't find much info on it

And what of the 20% :mjpls:

Well, the Dinka-Nuer are apparently 20% Niger-Congo, so I must have it at that frequency as well; I suppose the correct thing to say is that I'm 80% Proto-Nilotic and 20% Niger-Congo. I'm confident that I'm 100% modern Nilotic.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I got L3a, 23andMe said it's rare, can't find much info on it
It's not that uncommon among Somalis. 6% in the old 23andme dataset in that link and 1-2% from that study. I've seen it around plenty with 23andme relatives. Just another normal proto-Nilotic lineage, if I recall correctly. If not that then just Horn HGs like Mota. Normal mtDNA lineage for a Somali.

Trending