I followed my own advice consistently for the past 6 years. Did it work?

I remember watching a video where a guy was talking about where this meditation idea came from. He said that corporations around I think 90s starting pushing this idea of meditations and put billions into it.

this is not a conspiracy a real fact lol
Niggga what? :mindblown: Meditation is supposed to ease the mind and spirit it’s a good thing

I remember watching a video where a guy was talking about where this meditation idea came from. He said that corporations around I think 90s starting pushing this idea of meditations and put billions into it.

this is not a conspiracy a real fact lol
Amazon offered me 1 free audiobook, it was some crap called ‘power of now’ which basically talked about abandoning religion and living in the now, in the moment, nacala I was 20 minutes in before I realised their goal.

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
Niggga what? :mindblown: Meditation is supposed to ease the mind and spirit it’s a good thing

lmao you don’t think peeps thousands of yrs ago had better methods ? They give you a watered down version of things I.e meditation and yoga
Amazon offered me 1 free audiobook, it was some crap called ‘power of now’ which basically talked about abandoning religion and living in the now, in the moment, nacala I was 20 minutes in before I realised their goal.

Yoga and mindfulness both these industries are worth billions lol. CEOs are implanting these in there businesses even schools implementing this lol.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Welcome back bro :salute:

Nice read. I’ll listen to your advice and do at least 5 push ups a day. Ignore the trolls they add nothing but qashin to this site.

Welcome back bro :salute:

Nice read. I’ll listen to your advice and do at least 5 push ups a day. Ignore the trolls they add nothing but qashin to this site.

Thank you for the warm welcome:salute:

I hope this helped you out, even 5 push ups a day is way better when you realize majority of people today can’t perform a single one with correct form now a days, but that’s a discussion for another day.

As for the trolls, I left this section in the middle of the post specifically for them but it seems focus & reading isn’t in their strong suit of skills:
6F027F09-E3B8-4CFF-880A-38CEA96300CF.jpeg

With principles, there’s one place to leave trolls - in the air to dry.

The best investment you could make isn’t the next hot property lot or that new car or Black Friday deals on the Aisle 5 - IT’S YOU. I can only imagine how far all of you could be in the future knowing I got this far by practising.
So true. Good luck on your journey.

Last edited:
Hi old friends and new ones,

To think out of everything this Dunya could toss at us, it’d take a global viral pandemic to summon me back to posting. For those unaware of myself, 6 years ago I came across this forum on Twitter during its early infancy, and created an account for the sole purpose to share insightful self betterment ideas around. It was in complete contrast to the Google Scholar apropos based threads on Qabiliyaad/Siiaaso and the timeless WE wUZ GeElJiRReS posts.

I wrote a handful of threads that dived into the ideas of practicing Non-Zero Days, Mindfulness, introducing Mental Health and Gratitude. I was happy to find a lot of people who were like-minded and supported the movement of betterment (who to all, I am still to this day very thankful for their support) and a very small minority of trolls who apparently were “2 K0oL” to improve themselves.

Ultimately I had made a choice - talk was cheap but action was invaluable. I decided to double down and implement everything I mentioned above in a practical sense within my own life. Preachers have to practise what they actually preach right?

Carré dude who gives a rat’s behind, did it work or not??

If you’re currently thinking this I don’t blame you, please don’t mind me being a tease. A lot had materialized over these past 6 years and the young Carré from 2015 could never conceive the place in life the current Carré is in now. So in the end, YES, it absolutely worked for me and I will be forever thankful to my past younger self for taking all the steps he did at improving himself and practising what he preached. It paid off way more than he could ever imagine.

{ To those that truly in their hearts don’t give a rat’s behind, please stop reading here at this point and close the tab. I’m not here to change minds, only to share. Thanks :) }

It would take me threads on threads to summarize 6 years of work into text, and I’d like to keep this short. I think it’d be more wise to reference the exact practises I mentioned and how they’ve helped me over the years:

Non-Zero Days
This was an early idea at the time I had come across online and in other books that taught the importance of learning how to view our time objectively and what we do with it.

The basic premise was that no matter how bad your day was, how busy things were or how slow things could get in a day - if you managed to do at least 1 action in the day that could progress any of your goals, no matter how minuscule the action may seem to you, you’d be way better off than someone who did nothing at all. You’d have yourself an official Non Zero Day.

E.g if your goal was to get into better shape, and all you could muster was 5 push ups that day, then you’ve succeeded as you did something to progress your one of your goals. I went further and made sure I had done at least 1 action across the different goals I had every single day. If you asked me when my last Zero Day was, I’d find it a struggle to remember. And day by day, I would build upon the previous and so on, snowballing it into a habit then into a lifestyle to where I am now.

Mindfulness
Interestingly I came to realize we were exposed to aspects of the idea of mindfulness already without acknowledging it at all. When speaking to many of my Somali elders, I realized in their speech they always spoke in the present moment. It was never about tomorrow or yesterday but today. The Somali Language is already filled with proverbs and idioms on nature and the physical world around us in such detail that almost the language alone introduced you to this idea already.

Being present in the moment was absolutely imperative to my own cognitive thinking, and played a crucial role in my relationships with partners, families, friends e.t.c. Another benefit to mindfulness was during the tough times, staying present kept everything in the bigger picture and never sabotaged me from going ahead. It also contributed to my relationship with failure and risks, of which we know will be important in any/all big major moves we make in our careers.

Gratitude

It’s always said to leave the best for last. I can’t begin to describe just how much the idea of gratitude pulled in life for me, even at times when I had very little. This practise comes in many forms, with the popular one I’ve seen people describe now a days as “living in a abundance not in scarcity” and ties into the Deen when we think of Rizq.

I could literally pinpoint in my memory opportunities over the years I received that I would have never come across, had I not been grateful to begin with. It lead me to meet people I would never thought I’d meet and opened doors I never thought I’d see open. It helped me recognized the privileges I had in life as well as the blessings I was born with, that a lot of people around the world would only wish for. With any loss I took, I was grateful for learning from it. When in times of weakness and injury, I was grateful for my strength to stand tall regardless.

Gratitude took me the longest out of the rest of the practises to truly understand to its hilt. I’ve come to appreciate the little things in life (especially in these trying times) and it pushed me further to provide similar opportunities and doors to those around me who are younger and upcoming.

To those that have reached this far in this post, thank you for taking your time today to read it. I can’t emphasize enough just how far these practises placed me in life more than I could ever anticipate back then. I hope that you can take away any aspects of these ideas and implement them in any way in your personal lives, as you work on improving you. You can check my old posts, they should still be up for a trip back to memory lane. The best investment you could make isn’t the next hot property lot or that new car or Black Friday deals on the Aisle 5 - IT’S YOU. I can only imagine how far all of you could be in the future knowing I got this far by practising.

I just realized I can’t edit my OP anymore so below I’ll include links to the posts I referenced from the past. Please check them out if you’re interested, it’ll give you a bit of background to what I meant. It was these concepts that helped me in my journey to understanding the people around me - thereby in extension understanding myself as a person.

Gratitude challenge post

Forgiving others even when it’s hard to do so

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/dark-clouds-and-the-heavy-chains-we-carry.10357/

Recognizing the impact you can leave as an individual in a world that makes you feel insignificant

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/are-we-just-the-puny-and-insignificant-humans-we-think-we-are.6565/

Mental Health stigma in our Somali Communities and it’s drawbacks

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/the-somali-mh-predicament-trust-and-stigma-that-follows.2492

Non Zero Days and its progression

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/self-improvement-thread-1-the-non-zero-days.446

Ibrahim hassan

Esteemed Excellency
Why follow your advice which originates from kuffar who don't know what they are doing. Follow the advice of our great prophet mohamed.

Hi old friends and new ones,

To think out of everything this Dunya could toss at us, it’d take a global viral pandemic to summon me back to posting. For those unaware of myself, 6 years ago I came across this forum on Twitter during its early infancy, and created an account for the sole purpose to share insightful self betterment ideas around. It was in complete contrast to the Google Scholar apropos based threads on Qabiliyaad/Siiaaso and the timeless WE wUZ GeElJiRReS posts.

I wrote a handful of threads that dived into the ideas of practicing Non-Zero Days, Mindfulness, introducing Mental Health and Gratitude. I was happy to find a lot of people who were like-minded and supported the movement of betterment (who to all, I am still to this day very thankful for their support) and a very small minority of trolls who apparently were “2 K0oL” to improve themselves.

Ultimately I had made a choice - talk was cheap but action was invaluable. I decided to double down and implement everything I mentioned above in a practical sense within my own life. Preachers have to practise what they actually preach right?

Carré dude who gives a rat’s behind, did it work or not??

If you’re currently thinking this I don’t blame you, please don’t mind me being a tease. A lot had materialized over these past 6 years and the young Carré from 2015 could never conceive the place in life the current Carré is in now. So in the end, YES, it absolutely worked for me and I will be forever thankful to my past younger self for taking all the steps he did at improving himself and practising what he preached. It paid off way more than he could ever imagine.

{ To those that truly in their hearts don’t give a rat’s behind, please stop reading here at this point and close the tab. I’m not here to change minds, only to share. Thanks :) }

It would take me threads on threads to summarize 6 years of work into text, and I’d like to keep this short. I think it’d be more wise to reference the exact practises I mentioned and how they’ve helped me over the years:

Non-Zero Days
This was an early idea at the time I had come across online and in other books that taught the importance of learning how to view our time objectively and what we do with it.

The basic premise was that no matter how bad your day was, how busy things were or how slow things could get in a day - if you managed to do at least 1 action in the day that could progress any of your goals, no matter how minuscule the action may seem to you, you’d be way better off than someone who did nothing at all. You’d have yourself an official Non Zero Day.

E.g if your goal was to get into better shape, and all you could muster was 5 push ups that day, then you’ve succeeded as you did something to progress your one of your goals. I went further and made sure I had done at least 1 action across the different goals I had every single day. If you asked me when my last Zero Day was, I’d find it a struggle to remember. And day by day, I would build upon the previous and so on, snowballing it into a habit then into a lifestyle to where I am now.

Mindfulness
Interestingly I came to realize we were exposed to aspects of the idea of mindfulness already without acknowledging it at all. When speaking to many of my Somali elders, I realized in their speech they always spoke in the present moment. It was never about tomorrow or yesterday but today. The Somali Language is already filled with proverbs and idioms on nature and the physical world around us in such detail that almost the language alone introduced you to this idea already.

Being present in the moment was absolutely imperative to my own cognitive thinking, and played a crucial role in my relationships with partners, families, friends e.t.c. Another benefit to mindfulness was during the tough times, staying present kept everything in the bigger picture and never sabotaged me from going ahead. It also contributed to my relationship with failure and risks, of which we know will be important in any/all big major moves we make in our careers.

Gratitude

It’s always said to leave the best for last. I can’t begin to describe just how much the idea of gratitude pulled in life for me, even at times when I had very little. This practise comes in many forms, with the popular one I’ve seen people describe now a days as “living in a abundance not in scarcity” and ties into the Deen when we think of Rizq.

I could literally pinpoint in my memory opportunities over the years I received that I would have never come across, had I not been grateful to begin with. It lead me to meet people I would never thought I’d meet and opened doors I never thought I’d see open. It helped me recognized the privileges I had in life as well as the blessings I was born with, that a lot of people around the world would only wish for. With any loss I took, I was grateful for learning from it. When in times of weakness and injury, I was grateful for my strength to stand tall regardless.

Gratitude took me the longest out of the rest of the practises to truly understand to its hilt. I’ve come to appreciate the little things in life (especially in these trying times) and it pushed me further to provide similar opportunities and doors to those around me who are younger and upcoming.

To those that have reached this far in this post, thank you for taking your time today to read it. I can’t emphasize enough just how far these practises placed me in life more than I could ever anticipate back then. I hope that you can take away any aspects of these ideas and implement them in any way in your personal lives, as you work on improving you. You can check my old posts, they should still be up for a trip back to memory lane. The best investment you could make isn’t the next hot property lot or that new car or Black Friday deals on the Aisle 5 - IT’S YOU. I can only imagine how far all of you could be in the future knowing I got this far by practising.
Ayy what's up

Why follow your advice which originates from kuffar who don't know what they are doing. Follow the advice of our great prophet mohamed.

Thanks for reading my post in its entirety to come to that singular conclusion. It looks like you may need to review what exactly you know of the Deen before you so quickly dismiss what a brother is sharing with you voluntarily.

Mindfulness =/ Meditation, they are not the one of the same. Being mindful in the Deen ties into our innate Fitrah that Allah (S.W.T) bestowed upon us. You may ask, how so? I’d suggest you read up on the works of scholars like Al-Ghazali and Ibn-Taymiyyah who both extensively covered the following aspects based on our Prophet (S.A.W) teachings:

Tadabbur (seeking wisdom in knowledge, being mindful to what is beneficial vs trivial to your being and self)

Taffakur (reflecting and observing what one learns with wisdom through dhikir and dua)

Tashakkur (Gratitude through every breath we take, every step and every minute of life we still have, every person we love and keep close to us)

Taqwa (Mindfulness of Allah(S.W.T) in everything we do in life through observing His kindness and mercy)

Tazkiyah (Purification of our hearts through our actions like fasting, exercising, studying and observing the natural world around us with humility and gratitude)

Tasabbur (consistent patience with gratitude to the world and events that happen in our lives. Accepting that events happen according to Allah(S.W.T) the best of All Planners and not according to our plans.)

Practising the above will not only make you more mindful to the world around you but will also strengthen your sense of Ihsan to our Creator in a synergetic manner. Ramadan is around the corner and I’d urge you to use this month as a chance to study more on the Deen. Inshallah we can all grow to be better people than we are today.

Ibrahim hassan

Esteemed Excellency
Thanks for reading my post in its entirety to come to that singular conclusion. It looks like you may need to review what exactly you know of the Deen before you so quickly dismiss what a brother is sharing with you voluntarily.

Mindfulness =/ Meditation, they are not the one of the same. Being mindful in the Deen ties into our innate Fitrah that Allah (S.W.T) bestowed upon us. You may ask, how so? I’d suggest you read up on the works of scholars like Al-Ghazali and Ibn-Taymiyyah who both extensively covered the following aspects based on our Prophet (S.A.W) teachings:

Tadabbur (seeking wisdom in knowledge, being mindful to what is beneficial vs trivial to your being and self)

Taffakur (reflecting and observing what one learns with wisdom through dhikir and dua)

Tashakkur (Gratitude through every breath we take, every step and every minute of life we still have, every person we love and keep close to us)

Taqwa (Mindfulness of Allah(S.W.T) in everything we do in life through observing His kindness and mercy)

Tazkiyah (Purification of our hearts through our actions like fasting, exercising, studying and observing the natural world around us with humility and gratitude)

Tasabbur (consistent patience with gratitude to the world and events that happen in our lives. Accepting that events happen according to Allah(S.W.T) the best of All Planners and not according to our plans.)

Practising the above will not only make you more mindful to the world around you but will also strengthen your sense of Ihsan to our Creator in a synergetic manner. Ramadan is around the corner and I’d urge you to use this month as a chance to study more on the Deen. Inshallah we can all grow to be better people than we are today.
Sure man no hate

Trending