I DONT THINK WE CAN RECOVER FROM THIS! SOMALIA sent baruur ordeysa (a whale) to represent Somalia in a world class athletic competition

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
This might be an unpopular view, but I do feel for her too given the backlash against her. I agree that the ultimate responsibility falls on her aunt's shoulder for picking her, an unqualified non-athlete in an international competition. And she could've obviously turned down since it was never meant for her.

However, we don't even know if she really wanted to do this on her own will. It could be a case of being pushed by her relatives in order to make a coin of her participation. Aside from her aunt, the director, there were another family member too who were part of the delegation.

It takes a lot of gut as a non-athlete to put yourself in front of the world against professional athletes. I'm not excusing her, but to me it's more evident that this was the work of her family to make money of her, rather than herself.

Nevertheless, I hope this global attention will be a wake up call for the gov't to do something about nepotism/corruption.
💯 wake up call for a lot of officials and thinking ahead at unintended consequences when taking short cuts or doing something wrong. Blundered into crisis due to underestimating monster that is social media

i cant escape the video it’s all over tiktok and now my colleagues are watching the video and laughing.

Screaming Season 5 GIF by Broad City

I know, I am in a group chat with ajanabis and they shared the video link from a news source. I considered ghosting them all.

On a serious note, I don't think we should laugh at someone brave enough to take the shot in front of the world. I respect that. The ones that pushed enabled that person on the athletic track are to blame.

On a serious note, I don't think we should laugh at someone brave enough to take the shot in front of the world. I respect that. The ones that pushed enabled that person on the athletic track are to blame.
It was a humiliation ritual someone hates her, that’s the only explanation there, I’m positive it had nothing to do with bravery, maybe she asked for fifty camels after one of the ministers asked for her hand in marriage and this was his retaliation :mjlaugh:

Remember, when you insult this sister, it is considered to be back-biting, and you are adding sins to your record. Yes, we know, her appointment is a result of corruption, but don't let that make commit a big sin by insulting our sister.

I suspect they likely didn't anticipate an intercollegiate (non-professional) sporting event to be so widely broadcasted but China had over plans lol

World

VIP
Don't insult her. She epitomizes everything that's wrong with Somalia. They can't even send a proper athlete. You mean to tell me this chick is the best we have to offer? I refuse to accept that.
It has nothing to do with the quality of our athletes. I could literally find 10 better athletes in a village within a day. It’s nepotism on a scale unseen before.

Our government is literally willing to embarrass our country, just so that a family member can go on a free holiday in China. It’s so insulting to the sport that someone that has probably never participated in sports represents our nation on a global scale. How can someone who cares so little about Somalia be in charge of it’s affairs? And it’s the fact that they don’t even CARE to pretend to care about Somalia.

Last edited:

World

VIP
This whole ordeal turned Mo Farah from a proud lander into preaching Somalinimo and being a wadani. :kanyehmm: :damn:

Like i mean for real. I think it’s because as a world class athlete runner, it made him step back for a minute and ponder how pathetic the somali race is.

Damn it’s crazy how our corruption can completely shatter and change someone’s beliefs overnight.

Last edited:
This whole ordeal turned Mo Farah from a proud lander into preaching Somalinimo and being a wadani. :kanyehmm: :damn:

Like i mean for real. I think it’s because as a world class athlete runner, it made him step back for a minute and ponder how pathetic the somali race is.
He was with the Somalinimo and Wadanimo long before this

It has nothing to do with the quality of our athletes. I could literally find 10 better athletes in a village within a day. It’s nepotism on a scale unseen before.

Our government is literally willing to embarrass our country, just so that a family member can go on a free holiday in China. It’s so insulting to the sport that someone that has probably never participated in sports represents our nation on a global scale. How can someone who cares so little about Somalia be in charge of it’s affairs? And it’s the fact that they don’t even CARE to pretend to care about Somalia.
I agree. They are jaahils

Damn it’s crazy how our corruption can completely shatter and change someone’s beliefs overnight.
Cuz at the end of the day he is somali and will only be looked at as that not lander from the world even my djoubitian co worker was pissed this happened cuz again he is also somali

Trending