I compared two videos about Somali American and Samoan-American gangs... the difference in the comments section was remarkable

Here are the two videos:

Video about Samoan-American Gangs:
109,048 views in 6 months.
created: Oct 27, 2021
315 comments

The Samoan ethnicity is mentioned 22 times in the comments when I Ctrl+F. I don't see too many Samoans generalizing their community or self hating nor do I see other ethnicities attacking/associating their ethnicity with crime as much.

Instances of Samoan self-vilification: 1

Hate from other groups: 3

Number of positive comments
about them: More than 10

Video about Somali-American gangs:
312,009 views in less than 2 months of video release. (We seem to have many fans who love to keep tabs on our community it seems).
created: Mar 15, 2022
1,311 comments

The Somali ethnicity is mentioned 122 times in the comments. Several comments by Somali's, Kenyans, Ethiopians, Cadaans, and Arabs talking shit about the Somali community and generalizing the culture as violent/criminal harboring while hypocritically ignoring their own community being criminal. A couple shit talking from swedes and ofc the usual from whites, not mentioning them since we already know the deal with them.

Lot's of other Africans in the chat talking shit and generalizing our community .

Unknown African ethnicity: 4

Ethiopian: 2

Kenyans chatting shit (7):

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.43.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.59.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.44.57 AM.png
steve irungu

steve irungu

2 weeks ago
I'm not a racist please kick out these guys ie Somalis from the United States of America period I'm extremely sorry 😐😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔 that's the bitter truth by Steve Irungu Jermaine

Somali's generalizing their own community (23 instances) :
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.44.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.54.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.46.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.58.50 AM.png

Arab chatting shit (5 instances):
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.49.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.49.45 AM.png

Analysis: Our ethnicity is disproportionately and wrongly generalized with crime more than other groups not only by our own people but others as well.

Conclusion: We need to stop being so quick to attack our people or play into the Somali-phobia that's around. Other ethnicities do not insult their own, nor are they quick to air their dirty laundry out like we are.

Keep your dirty laundry private because you're just bringing unnecessary stigmatization to our name. Stop the self-flagellation.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.39.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.39.34 AM.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
All ethnicities have their share of scum, nothing to be worried about

Arabs really shouldn't talk lmao. They're known as massive perverts everywhere they go

I agree. I think a huge factor is because of how unapologetically Muslim we as a people are compared to other groups like arabs who are more white passing for example. We stick out like a sore thumb. If Somalis were not Muslim I have no doubt we’d be getting this much attention from ajanabis.

“And never will the Jews and the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allāh is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allāh no protector or helper.” (2, 120)

I’ve noticed the exact same! I remember a video about Somalis went viral and the comment section had white people and other Africans being racist and disgusting towards Somalis. Also these idiotic somalis who go on comment sections and say please talk about this “somali gang” Ive always wondered were they dropped as a baby.

Idiot Facepalm GIF

Last edited:
Comments weren't too negative in either of the vids tbf, i think it's obvious why ppl are more critical of somalis (hint: refugee, black, muslim and long civil war status). Dont concern yourself too much with these kind of stuff, really it's not good for your head.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
I’ve noticed the exact same! I remember a video about Somalis went viral and the comment section had white people and other Africans being racist and disgusting towards Somalis. Also these idiotic somalis who go on comment sections and say please talk about this “somali gang” Ive always wondered were they dropped as a baby.

Idiot Facepalm GIF

This is how a video was made of reer sweden gangs. Embarrasing. The guy who did the video was saying ”somali” every two seconds.

Comments weren't too negative in either of the vids tbf, i think it's obvious why ppl are more critical of somalis (hint: refugee, black, muslim and long civil war status). Dont concern yourself too much with these kind of stuff, really it's not good for your head.

The comments had way more negativity in the Somali one than the Samoan one though which was interesting to me. I’m mostly curious in the “why’s” really and to tell ppl who might read this to stop being so critical of themselves or their group .

Why do vids about Somali topics get lots of
Views in a short time?

This is how a video was made of reer sweden gangs. Embarrasing. The guy who did the video was saying ”somali” every two seconds.

yep. That’s the part that’s odd too me, why does our ethnicity keep getting brought up? But not other ppls?

Samoans aren't known by 90 percent of world population hence why no hate comments, wheras somalis/somalia are widely known as failed people/country, criminals, low iq on top of that we are darkskin, black, refugees and muslim which makes us an easy target for gaalos and bumlicking abu lahabs.

Trending

Latest posts