I came back to flex my adeer madoobe reigns victorious once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Ganaane is the Somali name for Tana. It's in many old local poems in Garissa. Whenever Somalis decide to incorporate Oromos, they always file them under Dir. Wardey are and were Oromo. Most were killed or fled after the Conquest to become the Orma in Tana River county in Kenya today. Those that remained became slaves owned by Absame Harti and Mareexaan. After many wardey slaves killed their owners, a grand council amongst the conquerers was held in the late 1800s in either Wajeer or Afmadow I can't remember. They discussed how to stop the slaves killing their masters (they weren't treated that well). A list of conditions were agreed to placate the slaves and improve their condition. The Harti and Absame agreed but Mareexaan refused. Mareexaan reasoned that as long as a master slave relationship existed, the killings would continue. Mareexaan held a grand council and then decided that each slave would claim the subclan of his master and the Mareexaan Wardey became simply Wardey overnight (just stating facts don't hate me). The Ogaadeen wardey were mostly freed in the 1960s. The NFD ones joined their cousins in Tana River county. The ones in Somalia became "Dir".
It comes from the Oromo word Amadu which means Af-madow which was the description of the Wife of the Wardey King. I think she was killed there or something or fell into the well so it was named after her.
Show us sources sxb

Abaq

VIP
My friend. Marehan never incorporated Oromos. We kicked out a nasab MX clan for doing less due to the shame they brought us. It isn't in our dhaqan to assimilate others for numbers. We are the only clan tbh that hasn't assimilated anyone in Darood aside from Leelkase or Dhulbahante as well.

:yousmart:
History is history sxb. Somalis needed the manpower to defend the land back then. They did what they had to do.

Abaq

VIP
Show us sources sxb
Two sources. First, I heard all of this and more direct from the elders. But of course you won't believe this. Second, and more detailed is a book written by a Kenyan Oromo from River Tana on the history of this region. His sources are the elderly freed Wardey slaves, elderly Orma men, and Daarood reer Waamo old men, colonials sources etc. Very well researched. The book is called Herder Warfare in East Africa, Gufu Oba. He has a whole chapter on the Daarood conquest of Waamo. He also takes about the history of Waamo before the conquest and afterwards. It's a very good book and a must read.

Unfortunately because the Kacaan didn't give any attention to the history and culture of Waamo, most Somalis are ignorant of this history. This is crazy when you realise the Daarood Conquest of Waamo was the single greatest achievement of the Somali race after the Conquest of Abyssinia. Period. There should be statues of Suldan Abdi Ibrahim in Xamar today. He was the commander of the combined Daarood forces. He is buried in Mwingi today at the foothills of a mountain called Buur Belaayo where he was killed in battle. Also Ahmed Magan and others should be celebrates heroes. Sadly, all the poetry from those battles haven't been recorded and are probably lost.

Abaq

VIP
Suldaan Abdi Ibraahim's great grandson, Suldaan Deeqow Macalin Sanbul is the current suldaan of the Caabudwaaq Ogaadeen in Kenya today. He was also the leader of the NFD liberation struggle before we were betrayed. Geesinnimo iyo ragannimo runs in that family. I had the pleasure of meeting him. He still believes in Soomaaliweyn and despises qabiil to this day. A true legend.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Suldaan Abdi Ibraahim's great grandson, Suldaan Deeqow Macalin Sanbul is the current suldaan of the Caabudwaaq Ogaadeen in Kenya today. He was also the leader of the NFD liberation struggle before we were betrayed. Geesinnimo iyo ragannimo runs in that family. I had the pleasure of meeting him. He still believes in Soomaaliweyn and despises qabiil to this day. A true legend.

Is he Daroodist, we need more Daroodist Ogaden, we are standing in our own way in Jubaland brother.

Two sources. First, I heard all of this and more direct from the elders. But of course you won't believe this. Second, and more detailed is a book written by a Kenyan Oromo from River Tana on the history of this region. His sources are the elderly freed Wardey slaves, elderly Orma men, and Daarood reer Waamo old men, colonials sources etc. Very well researched. The book is called Herder Warfare in East Africa, Gufu Oba. He has a whole chapter on the Daarood conquest of Waamo. He also takes about the history of Waamo before the conquest and afterwards. It's a very good book and a must read.

Unfortunately because the Kacaan didn't give any attention to the history and culture of Waamo, most Somalis are ignorant of this history. This is crazy when you realise the Daarood Conquest of Waamo was the single greatest achievement of the Somali race after the Conquest of Abyssinia. Period. There should be statues of Suldan Abdi Ibrahim in Xamar today. He was the commander of the combined Daarood forces. He is buried in Mwingi today at the foothills of a mountain called Buur Belaayo where he was killed in battle. Also Ahmed Magan and others should be celebrates heroes. Sadly, all the poetry from those battles haven't been recorded and are probably lost.
Thanks for the info sxb. Do know where you can learn more about Abdi Ibrahim (like a website, for instance)?
He is buried in Mwingi today at the foothills of a mountain called Buur Belaayo where he was killed in battle
I thought he died near mount Kenya???
1592594804615.png

Abaq

VIP
I have a solution

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Have you noticed how the problems in Waamo are always started by Galti and not reer Waamo? Whether OG or MX, it's always the galti. Now I know why reer Waamo back in the day had a practise of galtibixin. Whenever a Galti cousin came to the land, they would be tied to a tree, beaten, left overnight to cleanse them of their sins and errant ways lol. In the morning, they would be freed, gabar baa loo guurin jiray, and they would be given animals as wealth. The practise needs to be revived.

Abaq

VIP
Thanks for the info sxb. Do know where you can learn more about Abdi Ibrahim (like a website, for instance)?

I thought he died near mount Kenya???View attachment 127114
The mountain I said is near Mwingi which is not far from Mt Kenya. The Somalis went deep into Kenya before the British forced us back.

There's hardly anything on him or the whole history of that time. The book I posted is probably the best place to start. There's also this phd thesis written by a reer NFD guy I have somewhere. Will post it some time in the history section.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Imma be honest, madobe is to hard to remove. Shit ya'll are propaganda proof people. Kudos in your victory hope ya'll unite the state.
My relatives in Kismaayo say the people really loves the prez, his interactions with his people and give everyone time and attention makes sayidka one of a kind prez, he is goona be hard to beat I believe.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
Have you noticed how the problems in Waamo are always started by Galti and not reer Waamo? Whether OG or MX, it's always the galti. Now I know why reer Waamo back in the day had a practise of galtibixin. Whenever a Galti cousin came to the land, they would be tied to a tree, beaten, left overnight to cleanse them of their sins and errant ways lol. In the morning, they would be freed, gabar baa loo guurin jiray, and they would be given animals as wealth. The practise needs to be revived.

Bro I heard of that practice hahahaha. Walllahi Galti are the ones driving the madness in Jubbaland. I am Reer Waamo MX brother. In real life all the Waamo OGs, MXs, and Harti are sensible and want Jubbaland to propser. But it's all these niggas from Puntland, DDSI and Galgaduud causing these problems in our regions. Morgan, Barre Hiiraale, and Madobe are all non natives. They are Galti. They shouldn't speak for Jubbaland. Only those who conquered the land back in the day should rule it. That is my opinion.

:wow:

Abaq

VIP
Bro I heard of that practice hahahaha. Walllahi Galti are the ones driving the madness in Jubbaland. I am Reer Waamo MX brother. In real life all the Waamo OGs, MXs, and Harti are sensible and want Jubbaland to propser. But it's all these niggas from Puntland, DDSI and Galgaduud causing these problems in our regions. Morgan, Barre Hiiraale, and Madobe are all non natives. They are Galti. They shouldn't speak for Jubbaland. Only those who conquered the land back in the day should rule it. That is my opinion.

:wow:
Xiddig is also galti. No true Reer Badhaadhe speaks with his accent. Nimankan way na dhibeen but what can we do. It's because Reer Waamo in general are down to earth simple people, whereas reer Mudug and Galbeed people are shayaadiin. Inkaarni laguma gaaro so we always lose out. Madoobe is also on record insulting reer Waamo.

reer

VIP
Xiddig is also galti. No true Reer Badhaadhe speaks with his accent. Nimankan way na dhibeen but what can we do. It's because Reer Waamo in general are down to earth simple people, whereas reer Mudug and Galbeed people are shayaadiin. Inkaarni laguma gaaro so we always lose out. Madoobe is also on record insulting reer Waamo.
marehan baa kala saaraysaa wasakhnimaad noo keentay anaa galti ah from kismayo and bardera foh nigga

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer

All these leaders don't care for Reer Waamo. I know that well with Barre Hiiraale. What's a solution? How do we kick them out of power? They always bring foreign troops and cause instability. I'm getting tired of it.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Saxib we are not invited and Galmudug is not our degaan.

They can ask PL for Assistant we have too many orphans for helping out everyone.
Our hands are full dealing with all darood yaryars acting up thinking Farmaajo will destroy PL saaxib MJ needs to learn how to deal with laangaab we to nice to them
:ftw9nwa:

Abaq

VIP
All these leaders don't care for Reer Waamo. I know that well with Barre Hiiraale. What's a solution? How do we kick them out of power? They always bring foreign troops and cause instability. I'm getting tired of it.

Politics is dirty. You need to have a certain amount of inkaarni to survive. Reer Waamo are nice people in general who are too soft. These guys are too rough for us.

I'm reer Badhaadhe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending