I am Rwandan: I know how Rwanda went from zero to recovery. I grew up in the revolution. AMA

Damn feel like im at the police station:damn: et ma famille est originaire de butare avnt le genocide, clan jsp jcrois sa commence par un A lol et Kigeri. Thabite au rwanda mtn?

Lol. If you'd ever applied for a Rwandan passport you'd know the real meaning of feeling like you're at a police station. They'll ask to name your grandmother's neighbour's pet. At least that's what it feels like. Oui, j'habite au Rwanda mais la maintenant j'suis a l'ecole en USA. Des que je termines though, je rentre a kigali tt de suite.

If your Tutsi welcome if your h"tu go to hell bantu

Lol. You do realise all Rwandans are some combination of bantu, nilote and cushite? I know you think bantu is an insult, but to us, it's the same as if a white person called us the n word: meaningless.

AS SOON AS PAUL DIES OR GETS DEFEATED BY THE ELECTIONS AKA RIGGED ELECTIONS ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE AGAIN TRUST ME HES A DICTATOR THATS BEEN IN POWER SINCE 1994 THATS A TYPICAL AFRICAN DICTATOR ALSO THE CAPITAL IS BEAUTIFUL AND CLEAN BUT THE COUNTRYSIDE HAS NO INFRASTRUCTURE I HOPE RWANDA CAN KEEP THE PEACE BUT RWANDA IS CAUSING HAVOC FOR UGANDA AND THE CONGO A WAR WILL HAPPEN BETWEEN THESE COUNTRIES ALSO PAUL IS MAKING MILLIONS FROM THE MINERALS IN UNSTABLE CONGO AND GETTING WESTERNERS WEALTHY ALSO HE HAS MILITIA IN THE CONGO TO STEAL RESOURCES

ENJOY YOUR PEACE FOR NOW

Honestly, you don't know what you're talking about. But you don't seem like the kind of person who is open to listening so I wish you well and that's that.

calm down... it doesn't matter if the congolese and ugandans are suffering as long as the Rwandans are prospering. He may be a dictator but he did well for his country. Hopefully for them after he dies he has a responsible successor or they can set up a different system.

It actually matters but the thing is, we didn't cause their suffering. Rwanda only came on the scene a few years ago. Congolese and Ugandans were suffering before that...and yet now that we are moving forward, all their problems are our fault. Never mind that their societies are mired in corruption and chaos and have been since independence: we still get the blame.

African nations need to man the heck up, take responsibility for their actions. This victim mentality won't ever get us anywhere.

Yes, PK is authoritarian, but we voted for him. Who cares about western standards or rules of government? What have they ever done for us?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Lol. If you'd ever applied for a Rwandan passport you'd know the real meaning of feeling like you're at a police station. They'll ask to name your grandmother's neighbour's pet. At least that's what it feels like. Oui, j'habite au Rwanda mais la maintenant j'suis a l'ecole en USA. Des que je termines though, je rentre a kigali tt de suite.

Lol. You do realise all Rwandans are some combination of bantu, nilote and cushite? I know you think bantu is an insult, but to us, it's the same as if a white person called us the n word: meaningless.

Honestly, you don't know what you're talking about. But you don't seem like the kind of person who is open to listening so I wish you well and that's that.
Tutsis are lost Cushites and our cousins

Here Paul Kagame with his long lost twin (Somalia's former ambassador to Ethiopia) and Somalia's former president Sheikh Shariif.

sawirka_maanta_isku_ekaa.jpg

:pachah1:

how many cows for ur hand cherie :diddyass:
and cmon u know damn well hutuuuu are full bantu

World

VIP
This is not true. Only Tutsis have significant Cushitic ancestry (60+ %), the other two ethnicities have 0-5 % Cushitic ancestry.

Tutsis are lost Cushites and our cousins

Here Paul Kagame with his long lost twin (Somalia's former ambassador to Ethiopia) and Somalia's former president Sheikh Shariif.

sawirka_maanta_isku_ekaa.jpg

:pachah1:

ak.jpg

That's Kagame's wife, sons, and son-in-law. As you can see, there are all sorts of phenotypes. Rwandans have diverse genetics. That is our strength and we are proud of it.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
This is not true. Only Tutsis have significant Cushitic ancestry (60+ %), the other two ethnicities have 0-5 % Cushitic ancestry.
Tutsis must have been the remaining Cushites that were absorbed by the Bantu expansion. They still relatively look Cushitic so the expansion mustve been recent.

@Apollo any info on this?

What do you think of the East African Federation you guys are supposedly joining? Good or bad? Considering some of the other countries are really struggling.

Very few Rwandans participate in these DNA test things. Only those in the diaspora and they are negligible number. Both groups have been living together for over a 1000 years. The truth is that most people have a mixture of three. In the end though, it doesn't matter to us. And those for whom it matters, only a matter of time before they realise how useless that kind of thinking is.

what do Rwandans think of Somalis, and are Tutsis aware of their similarities to Somalis/Cushites?

Rwandans love Somalis. In general though, we are friendly and welcoming to all foreigners. Just don't disrespect us. We are a proud people and disrespect is what we hate the most.

Rwandan oral history tells of migration from the north and from the south through Tanzania, so people know that their ancestors came from somewhere northern, along the Nile and also somewhere from the coast of Tanzania through Karagwe.

Similarities: we have a proverb that says: your neighbours are your brothers. Basically, you live long enough next door to someone, someone is bound to have a kid with them. lol. As people from the same region, and as nomads, of course we have genes from the whole region.

I've always had a soft spot for Rwanda and Burundi.

I went to French schools here in Canada, and I've had a lot of really good friendships from people from there. There's been several times a Rwandan or Burundian spoke to me in kirundi thinking I was one of them :kendrickcry:
Beautiful and warm people, got nothin but love for them!:friendhug:

World

VIP
Very few Rwandans participate in these DNA test things. Only those in the diaspora and they are negligible number. Both groups have been living together for over a 1000 years. The truth is that most people have a mixture of three. In the end though, it doesn't matter to us. And those for whom it matters, only a matter of time before they realise how useless that kind of thinking is.

Rwandans love Somalis. In general though, we are friendly and welcoming to all foreigners. Just don't disrespect us. We are a proud people and disrespect is what we hate the most.

Rwandan oral history tells of migration from the north and from the south through Tanzania, so people know that their ancestors came from somewhere northern, along the Nile and also somewhere from the coast of Tanzania through Karagwe.

Similarities: we have a proverb that says: your neighbours are your brothers. Basically, you live long enough next door to someone, someone is bound to have a kid with them. lol. As people from the same region, and as nomads, of course we have genes from the whole region.
Eh, this is completely false. There are a few dozens of samples from Burundi Tutsis, Rwandan Tutsis and Banyamulenge Tutsis and they all form a tight cluster with above Masai levels of Cushitic ancestry. As much as you want the story you’re painting to be true for nationalistic bravado purposes, it isn’t. And Tutsis didn’t “live” with Hu tus, they ruled over them. They didn’t mix with them. Hu tus do not have anything above 5 % Cushitic ancestry, and if they do, then they have Tutsi ancestry.

I've always had a soft spot for Rwanda and Burundi.

I went to French schools here in Canada, and I've had a lot of really good friendships from people from there. There's been several times a Rwandan or Burundian spoke to me in kirundi thinking I was one of them :kendrickcry:
Beautiful and warm people, got nothin but love for them!:friendhug:

Thank you. I've never had anything but good relationships with Somalis. My best friend is Ethio-Somali. I also know several half Rwandan/half Somali people which gave me a chance to interact more with both cultures.

Eh, this is completely false. There are a few dozens of samples from Burundi Tutsis, Rwandan Tutsis and Banyamulenge Tutsis and they all form a tight cluster with above Masai levels of Cushitic ancestry. As much as you want the story you’re painting to be true for nationalistic bravado purposes, it isn’t. And Tutsis didn’t “live” with Hu tus, they ruled over them. They didn’t mix with them. Hu tus do not have anything above 5 % Cushitic ancestry, and if they do, then they have Tutsi ancestry.

But that's the thing: hu tu and tutsi are very fluid in a Patrilineal society. It used to be that you inherited your father's clan and group. So you would have a lot of hu tus with tutsi mothers whose IDs said hu tu and so on. A few dozen samples is not a statistically relevant sample for a population of 13 million and more if you consider Rwandans in the diaspora.

Please, don't presume to know who we are from a little internet research. Yes, you'll find Rwandans with very high cushitic percentages but one of my friends for example would be called a hu tu because his paternal grandfather is from that group and yet all his 3 other grandparents belonged to the tutsi group. If you met him on the street, he looks more cushitic than PK.

We are a mixed people. It's not just nationalistic bravado. We have more that unites us than separates us and focusing on the former is not important.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Thank you. I've never had anything but good relationships with Somalis. My best friend is Ethio-Somali. I also know several half Rwandan/half Somali people which gave me a chance to interact more with both cultures.
I hope this forum doesn't change your perspective, this place is full of xenophobia and self-haters. It's crazy. I remember hearing that sspot is where somali inc.els are born, which is why I try my best to not let the people on here rub off on me. I've never met a rwandan before though, I know kids who went to french schools in canada that know them though. So I'm guessing most of them are in french schools rather than english

Inshallah I'm planning to go visit Burundi with some friends, really looking forward to it. Won't happen till at least 2 years or so, but still super excited for it.

I hope this forum doesn't change your perspective, this place is full of xenophobia and self-haters. It's crazy. I remember hearing that sspot is where somali inc.els are born, which is why I try my best to not let the people on here rub off on me. I've never met a rwandan before though, I know kids who went to french schools in canada that know them though. So I'm guessing most of them are in french schools rather than english
most of us are in mtl and ottawa dats why

Trending