I am having huge Doubts about Islam, what number one Proof is there that Islam is the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Orgnzm Your first paragraph is 100% my views as well. God is a mythical kind of human dictator. The concept of God is rehashed stories that has been told over centuries. In those days they'd explain the unexplainable by injecting God into it. Our ancestors needed explanation of why earthquakes, floods etc occured and it was an easy cop out to say God was angry at those people in that city/region hence he sent a natural disaster their way.

There have been thousands of religions throughout history, and they all claim to have the divine truth about god.

Do you mind sharing the story of how you became an atheist?

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Do you mind sharing the story of how you became an atheist?

Pretty similar process that @Orgnzm went through.

These miracles in Islam were too far fetched for me to believe, even as a teenager. Some of the things Mohamed, Moses, Suleiman, Jesus, Abraham etc supposedly did is stuff I see in children's book stories. From there on the whole concept of God was ridiculous. The concept of hell and heaven is a stone cold fact in Islam and Christianity, which is what drives people, but it cannot be verified in any shape of form.

Essentially nobody knows anything. We're all agnostics in the strictest sense. I wish Muslims acknowledged this basic fact to be honest..

Pretty similar process that @Orgnzm went through.

These miracles in Islam were too far fetched for me to believe, even as a teenager. Some of the things Mohamed, Moses, Suleiman, Jesus, Abraham etc supposedly did is stuff I see in children's book stories. From there on the whole concept of God was ridiculous. The concept of hell and heaven is a stone cold fact in Islam and Christianity, which is what drives people, but it cannot be verified in any shape of form.

Essentially nobody knows anything. We're all agnostics in the strictest sense. I wish Muslims acknowledged this basic fact to be honest..
Thank you for sharing your story, but
are you an atheist or an agnostic?

angrycat

not so sad after all
Hi sadsomali, sorry for the late reply.
What you're describing is something that I know and have felt before. But it's also something people of other faiths experience, and as such it doesn't necessarily prove the veracity of Islam.
sorry double for the late reply lol, but I wanted to say that, for me, what I mentioned gives me comfort in my faith, but I have other reasons for which I have certainty in faith. I guess the problem is that something which I have personally experienced, couldn't convince someone else. For me, Allah has answered much of prayers at times that it couldn't have been merely a coincidence. But this info wouldn't exactly help someone else unless they knew me well and trusted me. How is your iman going these days if youre still on the forum?

sorry double for the late reply lol, but I wanted to say that, for me, what I mentioned gives me comfort in my faith, but I have other reasons for which I have certainty in faith. I guess the problem is that something which I have personally experienced, couldn't convince someone else. For me, Allah has answered much of prayers at times that it couldn't have been merely a coincidence. But this info wouldn't exactly help someone else unless they knew me well and trusted me. How is your iman going these days if youre still on the forum?

hey, thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying and your position.
Personally, I just am not convinced by religion, but I believe in God.

angrycat

not so sad after all
hey, thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying and your position.
Personally, I just am not convinced by religion, but I believe in God.
oh ok. I was in the same position as you before. I was feeling a bit agnostic, but the idea of no god creating the universe was too much for me, so I felt there was a god who created the earth, and left us to do our own thing. But alx I found my way back to islam again. I hope you the best.

oh ok. I was in the same position as you before. I was feeling a bit agnostic, but the idea of no god creating the universe was too much for me, so I felt there was a god who created the earth, and left us to do our own thing. But alx I found my way back to islam again. I hope you the best.

& the same to you :nvjpqts:

Read the quran you will either come out convinced and it'll solidify your belief in Islam or you will come out as an atheist...either way, reading the Quran will guarantee you an answer.

Some of the questions the pagan arabs asked our prophet:

Why doesn't God give you a complete book instead of one verse a time?
What kind of a prophet(like a normal man) walks in the markets to make a living?
If you a prophet of God why doesn't God just give you gardens filled with all there is to eat so you don't have to work for a living?
If you are a prophet why doesn't God send an angel to speak on your behalf(to testify your prophetood)?
Why would God send us a human like usa prophet?

Read the quran and good luck.

maman waaq

the Somali culture is thousands of years old
ppl just read the quran like parrots , memorise like parrots, follow and repeat what they are told like parrots never to know the meaning of what they are saying. if ppl read the quran cover to cover with it's full meaning and the hadiths they would have left it in droves to counter this the ancient muslims introduced the apostacy rule which is leave islam you will be killed and that is one of the only reasons it survived to this day
so i will advice you to go to any quran website and study the quran on your own . peace

Love, hate, empathy, etc are invisible yet we believe in them and know them to be fact. The only way we can conceptualize our belief in these words is through feelings, which is not tangible by any means.

When it comes to God he is beyond the Laws that bound us such as time, space, laws of physics etc...Had he not been and revealed himself, he would cease to be God since he "The Eternal" came into "Existence". I actually find it of the utmost extreme arrogance that someone tries and dictate The Lord and says that they'll only believe in him if he reveals himself...:drakewtf: like who the hell are you bruh??
I've got to admit, thats beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending