I am having huge Doubts about Islam, what number one Proof is there that Islam is the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything in particular that you could point to? Anything specific about Islam that would curtail my doubts? Something that is proof positive?
Anything that comes to mind will be appreciated. This might be better answered by people who have gone through a period of doubt but come back to Islam because of something in particular.

A

Anonymous

@Orgnzm please don't take offence to this but what made you decide to ask this question on an Internet forum? Especially one not specific to philosophy, theology or really anything to do with any serious discussion.

As for the question, while I personally have had times of very low imaan and lack of faith they stemmed from things specific to me. I can't/ I don't think anyone will be able to bring you back to Islam it's something you have to do yourself.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way,

Good luck.

@Orgnzm please don't take offence to this but what made you decide to ask this question on an Internet forum? Especially one not specific to philosophy, theology or really anything to do with any serious discussion.

As for the question, while I personally have had times of very low imaan and lack of faith they stemmed from things specific to me. I can't/ I don't think anyone will be able to bring you back to Islam it's something you have to do yourself.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way,

Good luck.

It's just a general question, people talk religion and philosophy online on non specific forums fairly frequently, I don't think this place is any different.

I'm just trying to get a perspective outside of the people I know and stuff. I have spoken to family, friends (muslim and non-muslim), imaams and shaykhs etc etc I'm just looking for more perspectives.

I don't take it the wrong way, dude. Thanks for your question.

angrycat

not so sad after all
@Orgnzm I know this thread is old, but if you are still having doubts, for me what helps me is listening or reading to quran, and the feeling I get is one I could never get listening to music, its hard to explain. My heart feels refreshed and rejuvenated like I just took a shower, but inside of my body feels that way. That for me always increases my faith.

@Orgnzm I know this thread is old, but if you are still having doubts, for me what helps me is listening or reading to quran, and the feeling I get is one I could never get listening to music, its hard to explain. My heart feels refreshed and rejuvenated like I just took a shower, but inside of my body feels that way. That for me always increases my faith.

Hi sadsomali, sorry for the late reply.
What you're describing is something that I know and have felt before. But it's also something people of other faiths experience, and as such it doesn't necessarily prove the veracity of Islam.

A

Anonymous

Hi sadsomali, sorry for the late reply.
What you're describing is something that I know and have felt before. But it's also something people of other faiths experience, and as such it doesn't necessarily prove the veracity of Islam.

Have you been to Hajj/Ummrah? Try it if you can as a final solution if all else fails. Good luck

Have you been to Hajj/Ummrah? Try it if you can as a final solution if all else fails. Good luck
That has the same problems as what sadsomali said. Christian feel the same at Lourdes and Jews at the Wailing Wall. Trying to cover doubts with emotions is not a good long term solution, I want to know what the truth is.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Orgnzm I think it's normal you have doubts, because:

1. You see when you have doubts you cannot ignore it, you ask certain questions to remove the doubts and therefore increase your Imaan. Islam teaches us to seek knowledge.
So what do you in particular have doubts with?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That has the same problems as what sadsomali said. Christian feel the same at Lourdes and Jews at the Wailing Wall. Trying to cover doubts with emotions is not a good long term solution, I want to know what the truth is.

Even if you lived for a million years you'd never find the truth. The only time we'll know the full truth is when we die. All we can do is search and try to find the truth before it's too late.

gilic mech

Satan worshipper
Is there anything in particular that you could point to? Anything specific about Islam that would curtail my doubts? Something that is proof positive?
Anything that comes to mind will be appreciated. This might be better answered by people who have gone through a period of doubt but come back to Islam because of something in particular.
faith without evidence is lunacy .

A prohet that flies on a winged donkey to meet god . If you believe that then why not believe in pegasus .

This is the issue that I have. (Well not this specific issue).
But if, for example, somebody I trust a great deal, like my closest family members or my best friend were to tell me they saw an angel in a cave and that angel spoke to them. I wouldn't believe them. I would wonder what has gone on in their life to make them think something like that. What reason do I have to believe Muhammad saw an angel in a cave, other than the fact that many other people do? Nothing really.

Kid

My qabiil has more camels than yours
Why were you MUSLIM in the first place? Think about that before you throw this vague question at us.

gilic mech

Satan worshipper
This is the issue that I have. (Well not this specific issue).
But if, for example, somebody I trust a great deal, like my closest family members or my best friend were to tell me they saw an angel in a cave and that angel spoke to them. I wouldn't believe them. I would wonder what has gone on in their life to make them think something like that. What reason do I have to believe Muhammad saw an angel in a cave, other than the fact that many other people do? Nothing really.
I have book recommendation a book called the hero's journey it describes , a discovered pattern in drama whos hero's , religious leaders path of life and struggle . and in my personal opinion it's the fast way for a leader to gain power over people to claim that he is divinely inspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.