I am going to Turkey for the 4th time in 2 years

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Often it is even cheaper to fly between Germany and Portugal or Greece than to travel by train from Hamburg to Munich.

Greta Thunberg is going to ruin this and lobby for intra-European flight taxes.

Greens going to make living standards go down. They will also force meat to go up in price through taxes. Return to serfdom.

Honestly, I agree with the making short plane flights more expensive.

Europe is a small continent, people shouldn’t be flying between countries when they can take a train.

They should subsidise or nationalise train networks and place taxes on short plane flights that can be replaced by train or bus.

I don’t wanna see people flying from London to Paris for example when they can take the Eurostar.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Often it is even cheaper to fly between Germany and Portugal or Greece than to travel by train from Hamburg to Munich.

Greens going to make living standards go down. They will also force meat to go up in price through taxes. Return to serfdom.
Greens are the new fascists, they wanna introduce “carbon tax” in Canada and make the price of gas explode.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Greens are the new fascists, they wanna introduce “carbon tax” in Canada and make the price of gas explode.

Carbon tax is actually economically sound.

Nearly every sensible economist you speak to will tell you a carbon tax is the solution to climate change.

Apollo

VIP

I now even hear them talking about taxing ''fast fashion'' (cheap but trendy shops like H&M, Zara etc) for causing too much pollution/CO2 emissions.

Lol, they are not going to stop until people live like 21st century peasants/serfs.

Flying becomes rare, eating meat becomes rare, buying new clothes becomes expensive etc etc..

TekNiKo

VIP
Carbon tax is actually economically sound.

Nearly every sensible economist you speak to will tell you a carbon tax is the solution to climate change.
Only applies to the plebs, rich elites still get to ride in their fancy private jets and megacorps will continue to pollute the environment. Its basically a poor mans tax and will create severe inequality as the price of goods and services sky rocket and driving becomes unsustainable.

TekNiKo

VIP
I now even hear them talking about taxing ''fast fashion'' (cheap but trendy shops like H&M, Zara etc) for causing too much pollution/CO2 emissions.

Lol, they are not going to stop until people live like 21st century peasants/serfs.

Flying becomes rare, eating meat becomes rare, buying new clothes becomes expensive etc etc..
Expect “Climate lockdowns” a new way to control the plebs.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Honestly, I agree with the making short plane flights more expensive.

Europe is a small continent, people shouldn’t be flying between countries when they can take a train.

They should subsidise or nationalise train networks and place taxes on short plane flights that can be replaced by train or bus.

I don’t wanna see people flying from London to Paris for example when they can take the Eurostar.
3h vs less then 1hour from London to Paris. London to Manchester, 4h 30 mins by coach, or 2 hours by train which costs a arm and a leg, or a easy 30 min flight that is very cheap.

Unlike these environmental fellows, some people have a job, a time constraint or a budget to do stuff, they don't have the luxury of wasting time or money to save a few CO2 and whatnot.

Time + cost > Environment and other huhah.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Only applies to the plebs, rich elites still get to ride in their fancy private jets and megacorps will continue to pollute the environment. Its basically a poor mans tax and will create severe inequality as the price of goods and services sky rocket and driving becomes unsustainable.

The whole point of a carbon tax is to only charge polluting corporations not the average person.

Truth is that you and I pollute very little compared to massive corporations.

The fight against climate change is against corporations not the average person. Stuff like single use plastics or carbon footprint is nothing compared to major polluters.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
3h vs less then 1hour from London to Paris. London to Manchester, 4h 30 mins by coach, or 2 hours by train which costs a arm and a leg, or a easy 30 min flight that is very cheap.

Unlike these environmental fellows, some people have a job, a time constraint or a budget to do stuff, they don't have the luxury of wasting time or money to save a few CO2 and whatnot.

Time + cost > Environment and other huhah.

Try complaining about this to anyone that lives in North America, Australia, Asia or Africa.

Melbourne to Sydney is an 8 hour drive yet most people drive rather than fly.

Yet people in Europe complain about 3 hours.

Waa yaab.

:farmajoyaab:

TekNiKo

VIP
The whole point of a carbon tax is to only charge polluting corporations not the average person.

Truth is that you and I pollute very little compared to massive corporations.

The fight against climate change is against corporations not the average person. Stuff like single use plastics or carbon footprint is nothing compared to major polluters.
It seems you havent studied basic economics, the rich megacorps will not simply take the loss by paying millions in carbon taxes they will simply trickle down the cost to the average consumer by jacking up prices to make up for their losses.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It seems you havent studied basic economics, the rich megacorps will not simply take the loss by paying millions in carbon taxes they will simply trickle down the cost to the average consumer by jacking up prices to make up for their losses.

You respond to that by subsidising eco-friendly options with the money earned from carbon taxes.

Polluters will be paying to make their competitors products cheaper. That’s the biggest slap in the face.

People purchase the cheapest option, if you make eco-friendly products extremely cheap and carbon emitting products expensive, people will choose the former.

TekNiKo

VIP
You respond to that by subsidising eco-friendly options with the money earned from carbon taxes.

Polluters will be paying to make their competitors products cheaper. That’s the biggest slap in the face.

People purchase the cheapest option, if you make eco-friendly products extremely cheap and carbon emitting products expensive, people will choose the former.
This would only work if goverment injects billions in the eco friendly options with incentives. Do you think they will take drastic measures? I highly doubt it.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
This would only work if goverment injects billions in the eco friendly options with incentives. Do you think they will take drastic measures? I highly doubt it.

Your argument was about Green parties.

Their whole schtick is caring about the environment by any means. Of course they will.

Any government that instituted a carbon tax will probably also increase incentives for eco friendly options.

It’s the only prudent way to deter companies from taking it out on consumers.

I'm tired of these fuckers

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Turkey is considered a low class holiday destination in Europe. You can buy cheap ass tickets of less than 100 bucks to get there.

But for North Americans I guess it seems like an elite travel destination.

Peope are going there from here (US) in droves bro. Sometimes you can find it for $500 rountrip

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Turkey is considered a low class holiday destination in Europe. You can buy cheap ass tickets of less than 100 bucks to get there.

But for North Americans I guess it seems like an elite travel destination.
Everybody is flooding there nowadays from North America because of their economy

1 dollar is 9 Turkish liras, the internationals there are eating good. I seen forums of international students bragging about their financial situation, niggas getting 300 dollars a month are making more than university graduated civilians

Trending