I Almost fell into Niagara Falls

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I was sitting on the rock barrier at Niagara Falls this afternoon taking a selfie. Wind blew my phone away (rip) into the water and I lost my balance trying to save it. Random people grabbed my legs so I don’t fall in. Life flashed before my eyes. I went from being angry about the phone to seriously being scared. On top of that I don’t know how to swim

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
When we first got there I was joking with my friends and kept saying negro falls. This purple and green haired woman heard me and gave me an earful lmao

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
:mjcry: I don't know how to swim either. It used to be easier as a kid now it seems impossible. I go every week but it's still a struggle. Glad you survived that's sounds like a nightmare.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
:mjcry: I don't know how to swim either. It used to be easier as a kid now it seems impossible. I go every week but it's still a struggle. Glad you survived that's sounds like a nightmare.

People should be taught how to swim at a very young age. My hooyo made sure I was taught as early as 3-4 years old. It's one of life's simple yet great joys. Feeling like you're flying in the water.

But, to be fair to the OP, large flowing bodies of water like that can overwhelm even skilled, competitive swimmers. Swimming pools and local beaches are not waterfalls, strong flowing rivers or oceans with currents. They can just sweep you away and drown you or, if the currents aren't quite that strong, eventually tire you out and drown you all the same.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
People should be taught how to swim at a very young age. My hooyo made sure I was taught as early as 3-4 years old. It's one of life's simple yet great joys. Feeling like you're flying in the water.
I was taught from a young age and used to be really good but my body's just forgotten it I guess. It's definitely not like riding a bicycle (where you can go years without riding but instantly pick up on it):francis:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I was taught from a young age and used to be really good but my body's just forgotten it I guess. It's definitely not like riding a bicycle (where you can go years without riding but instantly pick up on it):francis:

That's odd. I was the same as you. Even swam competitively as a kid. Then I went years since my mid to late teens without swimming (mid 20s now) but after going to the beach recently and just last year a few times it all easily came back to me.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
That's odd. I was the same as you. Even swam competitively as a kid. Then I went years since my mid to late teens without swimming (mid 20s now) but after going to the beach recently and just last year a few times it all easily came back to me.
I remember when I first realised aswell I was being my annoying cocky self telling my family how easy swimming is and challenging them then I went in splashing around uncoordinated looking like a fish out of water
fantasia-barrino-crying.gif

Floating is what I struggle the most with, i just sink. So most times I'm just standing upright in the water basically walking instead of swimming:snoop:.

There's definitely a blockage and it hasn't come back to me as easily as I thought it would.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Say alx. :damn:But learn to swim it’s very important. You’ll never know when it’ll come handy.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Say alx. :damn:But learn to swim it’s very important. You’ll never know when it’ll come handy.
He should learn to swim but in this case he could be the best swimmer in the world and he’d still die.

I’ve been to niagara falls, that current is super strong and even if there was rope it’d be hard to hold on.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
He should learn to swim but in this case he could be the best swimmer in the world and he’d still die.

I’ve been to niagara falls, that current is super strong and even if there was rope it’d be hard to hold on.

People really underestimate flowing bodies of water. A fast flowing river or waterfall would be the end of you regardless of skill. Even swimming out in the ocean, even when the currents aren't that strong, will sweep you way off course constantly and eventually tire you out and drown you all the same. Swimming pools, local beaches, lakes and lightly flowing rivers really skew folks' perceptions.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Alx, glad your safe bro but get those swimming lessons please walaal.

Somalis and not knowing how to swim...

:2n2:

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
59041253-59B6-47F2-BA5E-2DFE89D4F7A9.jpeg

As you can see I would’ve literally fallen down with the water. Parks police were called to do an investigation lmao

I was sitting on the rock barrier at Niagara Falls this afternoon taking a selfie. Wind blew my phone away (rip) into the water and I lost my balance trying to save it. Random people grabbed my legs so I don’t fall in. Life flashed before my eyes. I went from being angry about the phone to seriously being scared. On top of that I don’t know how to swim
Lemme guess those random people were cadaans right? Lol because I know no madow would react fast enough and Asians are xasiids asf and Somalis would be too distracted with their ADHD. So it had to be cadaans. Say Alx and let this be a lesson, never sit to close to an edge of any kind.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP

That’s absolutely true. My first time going there and I couldn’t even take pictures without getting soaked. Never thought a waterfall would do that lol

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
All jokes a side bro I’m glad your safe man, I would be talking to myself in the nba thread if it wasn’t for you.
:friendhug:

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Lemme guess those random people were cadaans right? Lol because I know no madow would react fast enough and Asians are xasiids asf and Somalis would be too distracted with their ADHD. So it had to be cadaans. Say Alx and let this be a lesson, never sit to close to an edge of any kind.
Nope. Some Nepalese guy and tourists from Nicaragua

But, to be fair to the OP, large flowing bodies of water like that can overwhelm even skilled, competitive swimmers. Swimming pools and local beaches are not waterfalls, strong flowing rivers or oceans with currents. They can just sweep you away and drown you or, if the currents aren't quite that strong, eventually tire you out and drown you all the same.
the water is so dangerous anything can happen in the sea! one of the worst ways to die being taken by the tide further further away and drowning i know of people who died

Trending

Latest posts