I actually think Somalia may be finally turning around omg...

Does anyone know what the current estimates are for AlShabab members? How are people measuring this?

Somalia has been turning around since 2011, people we're just too prejudiced to see it.

We have went from having barely any infrastructure of any sort or anything for that matter, to where we are now.

We may be behind a lot of African countries, most of them in fact, but look how far we came.

Don't mean to be pessimistic but I honestly can't say I'm impressed with the progress the past 10 years, it is considerably better but hardly anything to laud. Furthermore, there has been very very minimal improvements in infrastructure.

I included my clan in the list.

Somalia already discriminates based on clan. Only people from certain qabiils can be president of Somalia.

How is it that it’s more likely for an illiterate HG/MJ/Isaaq etc to become an MP let alone president than a madhibaan, leelkase or dir with a PhD?

This clan-based discrimination has only divided us further, maybe we should do the opposite.
How are you going to eliminate discrimination by replacing it with another type of discrimination.. This doesn't make any sense.. Are you saying Leelkase are langaab:damn: :noneck:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
How are you going to eliminate discrimination by replacing it with another type of discrimination.. This doesn't make any sense.. Are you saying Leelkase are langaab:damn: :noneck:

No, I am making the playing field equal as equal as it can be given the circumstances

A qabiil cannot have both a state and federal leadership position.

This allows other qabiils to be involved in Somali government at both federal and state level as well as eliminating clan infighting.

Leelkase aren’t laangaab but they’re never going to become president of PL. Therefore, they should be given a shot at the federal leadership.

You can qashin my posts but at the end of the day, I don’t come to your workplace and lecture you on machine learning.

:manny:

No, I am making the playing field equal as equal as it can be given the circumstances

A qabiil cannot have both a state and federal leadership position.

This allows other qabiils to be involved in Somali government at both federal and state level as well as eliminating clan infighting.

Leelkase aren’t laangaab but they’re never going to become president of PL. Therefore, they should be given a shot at the federal leadership.

You can qashin my posts but at the end of the day, I don’t come to your workplace and lecture you on machine learning.

:manny:
You sound naive.. Who brought government to muqdisho and built the foundation the federal government is built on? It was mj.. But the 4.5 need to go, Puntland is not pro 4.5 ruling.

The only way we can get sustainable progress is if we lock the major clans (the ones that control maamul goboleeds) out of executive positions such as pres, pm, speaker and some key ministries.

An Isaaq/MJ/OG/HG/RX president will be biased towards the maamul goboleeds led by their cousins.

We need impartial leadership until we finally have competent leaders.
Horta what's there in Xamar is 2.5 so don't include isaaqs there and another thing isaaq is a larger clan similar to darood so next time mention subs don't put it with daroods or hawiye subs cuz that's unfair to them as one isaaq as whole is larger than those subs

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You sound naive.. Who brought government to muqdisho and built the foundation the federal government is built on? It was mj.. But the 4.5 need to go, Puntland is not pro 4.5 ruling.

No, it was Puntland.

A leader from Puntland, using Puntland's resources and the support of Puntland.

Unless you're suggesting MJ and Puntland are one, which still proves my initial point correct.

:hmm:

Reborn

Somalia already discriminates based on clan. Only people from certain qabiils can be president of Somalia.

How is it that it’s more likely for an illiterate HG/MJ/Isaaq etc to become an MP let alone president than a madhibaan, leelkase or dir with a PhD?

This clan-based discrimination has only divided us further, maybe we should do the opposite.

Sorry but looking at Somaliland there is hope that we may overcome this clan based discrimination.

-EX NISA Chief in Berbera during the Kacaan who is Dir beat the longest serving SNM commander (HJ) in the 1st mass democraction election in 2003 by a few hundred votes

1629301166213.png

-The most voted MP in SL history is a Madhiban (MAY 20221 ELECTIONS)

1629301183364.png

Of course this doesn't dismiss the present clan based discrimination that does exist but it doesn't mean our people will continue to follow this path.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Horta what's there in Xamar is 2.5 so don't include isaaqs there and another thing isaaq is a larger clan similar to darood so next time mention subs don't put it with daroods or hawiye subs cuz that's unfair to them as one isaaq as whole is larger than those subs

Okay walaal.

I include Isaaq in 4.5 because that is how it was intended and regardless of SLs lack of support, Isaaq participate in the election (or selection) process.

I was not comparing Isaaq to MJ or HG but looking at who is dominant in each region. If I said Darood was dominant in PL, then that would eliminate almost everyone in that maamul goboleed.

Tribally, Somaliland is more diverse and has Isaaq as well as Dir, Warsangeli and Dhulbaante which is why I made the distinction at Isaaq.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Sorry but looking at Somaliland there is hope that we may overcome this clan based discrimination.

-EX NISA Chief in Berbera during the Kacaan who is Dir beat the longest serving SNM commander (HJ) in the 1st mass democraction election in 2003 by a few hundred votes

View attachment 197960

-The most voted MP in SL history is a Madhiban (MAY 20221 ELECTIONS)

View attachment 197961

Of course this doesn't dismiss the present clan based discrimination that does exist but it doesn't mean our people will continue to follow this path.

I do not deny that Somaliland is a more equitable place due to its electoral regime but the problem is that majority rules walaal, which is something we cannot have in a recovering society.

I think until Somalia heals itself significantly, we should let states remain dominated by whichever is numerically superior (which would happen anyways in a democratic system). But we leave the federal positions (Pres, PM, Speaker) for those who are "locked out".

Obviously this is a temporary solution but it is the needed jolt towards recovery and reconciliation.

Reborn
I do not deny that Somaliland is a more equitable place due to its electoral regime but the problem is that majority rules walaal, which is something we cannot have in a recovering society.

I think until Somalia heals itself significantly, we should let states remain dominated by whichever is numerically superior (which would happen anyways in a democratic system). But we leave the federal positions (Pres, PM, Speaker) for those who are "locked out".

Obviously this is a temporary solution but it is the needed jolt towards recovery and reconciliation.

Next year marks the 10 year anniversary of the Somalia London conference :wow:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Next year marks the 10 year anniversary of the Somalia London conference :wow:

We have come a long way since then but the progress will become more stunted over time due to the lack of proper attention given to this issue regarding "inequity" and "qabiil bias".

As has been said many times on SSpot, if you do not control a maamul goboleed, winning the presidency will become harder and harder over time. While that might be great in ousting Farmaajo, that means the stronger maamul goboleeds become, the more of an oligopoly Somalia's political framework becomes.

4.5 was meant to be a power-sharing network but is slowly turning into power-sharing model for the few.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Don't mean to be pessimistic but I honestly can't say I'm impressed with the progress the past 10 years, it is considerably better but hardly anything to laud. Furthermore, there has been very very minimal improvements in infrastructure.

No-one has ever been lower than Somalia.

Somalia reached unprecedented low, so to compare its growth to anybody else is harsh.

10 years ago, almost the entirety of xamar was rubble with lack of roads or any basic services. Many cities in Somalia had barely any reliable electricity, barely any inter-city transport connections (road or air) and little development of any kind.

It's easy to judge Somalia's progress from your home in the West but the turn around it made in the last decade has been impressive.

Yes, we could have done more but why dwell on the past?

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.

He’s got a point though

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Already the big clans control Somalia politically, financially and culturally so giving the kursi to someone of a minority clan will more likely do their jobs correctly since everybody has got their eyes on him vs a man from a big clan that could get away with many things because he knows he people will back him if anything goes down.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Already the big clans control Somalia politically, financially and culturally so giving the kursi to someone of a minority clan will more likely do their jobs correctly since everybody has got their eyes on him vs a man from a big clan that could get away with many things because he knows he people will back him if anything goes down.
Give it to the cadcads @HiraanBorn people deserve to be the president of somalia since they suffered with everybody

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
With the current progress and every diminishing rates of Al-Shabaab members, I think we will actually pull this off in the next three years.

I CAN'T WAIT.

The rebuilding will be easy as Somali/foreign experts around the world fly down to fix Somalia in peace. GET READY!

Wishful thinking.

Regions have gotten stronger and are operating outside of Villa Somalia.

However, I can say that certain regions are building their infrastructure and government apparatus. But they doing it with the intention of being autonomous region.

Trending