I’m too sore for my 2nd workout at the gym. Come in if you’re a regular gym goer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
I remember the day after my first isolated leg day. Going up 4 flight of stairs has never been harder in my entire life:wowsweat:
Man i remember that. Had me walking like this

giphy.gif

You should be feeling sore but if it's still happening after 4 days then the weights are too much for you.

Since you're starting make sure you focus first on your form and gradually work your way up (add 5-10 lbs after every session).

Make sure you listen to your body before you f*ck some shit up.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Its normal just remember by this time next year the girls will love you:westbrookswag:

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
First day is extreme soreness, after a week or 2 of working out the only thing you should feel is energy, stiffness in muscles and a greater appetite.

Also focus on muscles. Example Bicep & triceps Monday, 3-5 workouts for each specific muscles, 8-10 reps and 3-4 sets. Alternate between the two work outs for each muscle to give a few minutes of rest.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
It'll get to the point where you'll feel like you didn't do enough if you don't feel sore the next day.
The soreness feels amazing :damedamn:

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.
I went to gym for the first time in my life 4 days ago, following a beginner program.

I done squats(45kg), bench press(45kg) and the bent over barbell row(35kg).

It was quite easy and not that hard and I thought of increasing the weight, but my friend recommended me not to since I need to work on my form.

Anyway, the next day when I woke up, I couldn’t fully extend my arm without pain and I struggled walking. I thought that I’d recover in another day so I can hit the gym again but it’s been 4 days now and I still feel fucked up. I can’t even squat normally.

To those who go to gym, is this normal? How can I numb the pain and soreness?

you should have benched/ squatted and rowed 20kg, which is what an empty barbell weighs.

everything takes time playing rambo or letting your ego ride you is the dumbest thing you can do in the gym.

i remember when i first started the program on the link below, i was squatting 20kg next to some hot chick who was squatting 50kg.
in the gym you need focus, consistency and hard work, no ego period or get ready for injuries serious injuries.

if you are serious about building your body give the link below a try, you wont regret it peace.

https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

World

VIP
you should have benched/ squatted and rowed 20kg, which is what an empty barbell weighs.

everything takes time playing rambo or letting your ego ride you is the dumbest thing you can do in the gym.

i remember when i first started the program on the link below, i was squatting 20kg next to some hot chick who was squatting 50kg.
in the gym you need focus, consistency and hard work, no ego period or get ready for injuries serious injuries.

if you are serious about building your body give the link below a try, you wont regret it peace.

https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
Yh that’s the program I’m already following.

I didn’t want to bench a fucking empty bar like they tell you to do because the gym was crowded. I would rather injure myself than let go of my ego in a situation like that.

What gains did you make?

I would rather injure myself than let go of my ego in a situation like that.

What gains did you make?
Don't be stupid. Start off with no weights. You'll be lifting heavy weights in no time.

If you're worried about people watching you then go early in the morning or late at night.

Welcome to the gym walaal!:friendhug:

But let's talk about your experience so far. You did push, pull and legs first day or what the gym xoolo call it " whole body split". Whoever gave you that should be judged by a sharia court.

Soreness is very common as a newbie, but you can still workout when you sore. You can do very low weight, do other muscles that are not sore or cardio.

I suggest you change your workout routine based on your inexperience.

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.

I didn’t want to bench a fucking empty bar like they tell you to do because the gym was crowded. I would rather injure myself than let go of my ego in a situation like that.

What gains did you make?

the gym like

What gains did you make?

well then do as merka said go to the gym late evening or early morning. i must admit it is hard pushing some weak weights, when everyone around you is going beast mode, both males and females.

i actually changed my schedule to morning, i hate when the gym is full and sweaty and people are making jungle book noises.

so i actually train 05:00 am and its morning prayer time anyways, you can do that or work out before you go to bed in the evening.

best of luck to you.

i almost forget i squat 100kg, bench 70kg deadlift 120kg

start small you will get where you are going be patient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending