I’m so jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muji

VIP
God put a nasty curse on somalis. We won't enjoy our country any time soon and sometimes it makes me really depressed. I prayed all ramadan while my arab friends were drinking and travelling back to their respective countries and my prayer was not answered. All i want is peace for the whole of somalia! but i guess that's the sad life of bani adam. We inherited the most for adam being cursed for eating from the tree. if not for adam we could have been chilling in jannah! i'm on team moses when he confronted adam for his stupid mistake.

Who is fooled by a snake? smh no wonder some humans are retarded. The sad thing is that adam pathetically justifies cursing his whole seed by claiming that god condemned him when he was clearly warned not to eat from the tree. Damn ! when i was a child i never touched the cookie jar when told not to i guess that makes me better than adam.

:gucciwhat::lawd::mindblown::snoop:

Awww you must have been a lovely little boy yakub

I started my new term at university today and despite being optimistic, I went home feeling bitterly jealous of my fellow peers. One Egyptian girl (who looks pure Somali lol) spent her entire summer back “home” with her family in Aswan, a Turkish boy went back to Turkey and a Portuguese girl returned from her hometown in Portugal only last week. :mjcry:

I, meanwhile, spent my summer in a foreign country (although I will admit, Istanbul was beautiful!)

It annoys me so much how everyone I know jets off to their home countries every year. My family have never went to Somalia as the flight is so damn expensive and Mogadishu is so dangerous (my dads sister called him today saying there was yet another explosion). :kanyehmm:

At this rate, my intense jealousy will land me a one way ticket to hell :jcoleno:
Thankfully Somali Galbeed is far more peaceful than mainland Somalia, therefore i was able to visit my extended family over there frequently. The feeling when you're among & connected to your people is priceless. Shame many diaspora Somalis can't do the same due to instability back home etc.

God put a nasty curse on somalis. We won't enjoy our country any time soon and sometimes it makes me really depressed. I prayed all ramadan while my arab friends were drinking and travelling back to their respective countries and my prayer was not answered. All i want is peace for the whole of somalia! but i guess that's the sad life of bani adam. We inherited the most for adam being cursed for eating from the tree. if not for adam we could have been chilling in jannah! i'm on team moses when he confronted adam for his stupid mistake.

Who is fooled by a snake? smh no wonder some humans are retarded. The sad thing is that adam pathetically justifies cursing his whole seed by claiming that god condemned him when he was clearly warned not to eat from the tree. Damn ! when i was a child i never touched the cookie jar when told not to i guess that makes me better than adam.

:gucciwhat::lawd::mindblown::snoop:

I agree, and depressed really is the word :meleshame:

It’s so unfair and disheartening when I hear about my friend’s adventures in their home countries :mjcry:

They come back more fluent in their native language than ever before whilst I’m struggling to hold onto the last remnants of the Somali language I have :jcoleno:

When our plane to Turkey landed in Istanbul all the Turkish kids starting cheering and whooping and hugging each other, they all looked so happy to be home and I was in the back of the plane all depressed

7A54270E-23A1-422B-B102-E321E46ADBD7.gif

My father went for 2 months this summer, although he didn't go for a vacation he went to many places, including Mogadisho primarily, baidoa where my aunts and cousins live and I think he even went to Nairobi. Personally I will never go becuase there's still the possibility that you may end up unlucky. I guess landers got it lucky

My dad went solo to Somalia twice to visit his mother and both times, he came back a week before he planned to. Apparently he was bored out of his mind and couldn’t sleep due to parnoia :oh6b81q:

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Save up money and go. I went for like a month three years ago and again last year. Xamar isn’t as dangerous as you think. There might be an explosion or two but the chances of getting hurt isn’t as high as you think.

Your honestly missing out. Even after 30 plus years of war, Xamar cadde’s beauty is unmatched.

Save up money and go. I went for like a month three years ago and again last year. Xamar isn’t as dangerous as you think. There might be an explosion or two but the chances of getting hurt isn’t as high as you think.

Your honestly missing out. Even after 30 plus years of war, Xamar cadde’s beauty is unmatched.
It's a valid concern sis, I am not trying to play dice with my life. I'm sure you can get by safely, but constant paranoia will finish me. Let's not act like there wasn't a bomb attack last year that killed nearly 300 people last year. That being said i'm still young, so I hope I can visit a safe somalia whilst I am in my youth

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
There are tourist destinations outside of Xamar you know. Djibouti, Somaliland or Puntland are all safe for tourists.

I feel you bro as well.

I was thinking of planning a trip inbetween between uni to Somaliweyn for a year but I'm realising that the likelihood of me doing that is very low right now.

All this is a result of qabyaalad.:mjcry::mjcry:

I feel you bro as well.

I was thinking of planning a trip inbetween between uni to Somaliweyn for a year but I'm realising that the likelihood of me doing that is very low right now.

All this is a result of qabyaalad.:mjcry::mjcry:
Why bro? i can take you to the north depending on my schedule next summer.

Why bro? i can take you to the north depending on my schedule next summer.

I wanted to go across Somali weyn not just stay in one location so I could get to know the local people , learn the culture and strengthen the language. But it seems wherever Somalis are , fighting and violence follows regardless whether it's north or south but the south is especially bad but the place I would probably like to go the most.

I haven't put it totally off , maybe just a month travelling as opposed to a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending