I’M A JANITOR. My wife’s Family almost rejected me

Wondering how many guys got proposals rejected by the woman or her family because of type of employment. My wife’s family did not want her to be with me because I was a janitor. They thought It was a low paying job and thought that I didn’t deserve her because she was young and educated( degree in finance). My wife never knew how much I made until later either but she never really cared. She loved me and wanted to get married, and made it clear because I wasn’t Somali and didn’t have a good title they’d most likely reject me at first, which did happen. After a couple of attempts to convince her family, her mother finally asked me how much I made and it finally convinced her once I told her

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Why do people fall in love then ask the serious questions? You're supposed to make things like this clear before you catch feelings for someone. Now look either this a cap story or u a hurt fellow

No but Fr, women need to stop settling. Uff.
Men don't think about a woman's job if they want to marry them, why should women? It should be about a man's character and if you're attracted to them. Vocation is meaningless, if you pick based on character they'll end up being successful in the long run

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Men don't think about a woman's job if they want to marry them, why should women? It should be about a man's character and if you're attracted to them. Vocation is meaningless, if you pick based on character they'll end up being successful in the long run
What fantasy land are you living in? Of course a mans job matters. He's supposed to be the breadwinner not the other way around. Character my ass, character isn't gonna put food on the table or pay the bills, they can take their great character and get a damn education and better job.

Xaruun

VIP
What fantasy land are you living in? Of course a mans job matters. He's supposed to be the breadwinner not the other way around. Character my ass, character isn't gonna put food on the table or pay the bills, they can take their great character and get a damn education and better job.
You don’t need any of that crap. Just claim benefits.

That's very short-sighted

I’m making a lot more than my wife without a degree, I’m paying for her loans, I govemoney to her family when they need it so I don’t know why it matters

Most successful people don’t have a degree. If your making money and can provide for your household, that should be enough. After all, you guys are married so there’s nothing you should be insecure about.

Abayo, they want women to settle for 'love' as if that pays the bills.
No, thank you. A man needs to work hard in the economic system he finds himself in. If he isn't working day and night to improve his position in life, he's not the one.
A man who is complacent in a low paying job and isn't studying/working to get a better job or work for himself, will stress a woman out and he will pass this mindset onto his children.

Even if a man never becomes wealthy, at least you know he tries hard to DO HIS BEST and that's what is most important.

Muslims are supposed to compete to become the best versions of themselves and educating yourself and working hard is part of that.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
Wondering how many guys got proposals rejected by the woman or her family because of type of employment. My wife’s family did not want her to be with me because I was a janitor. They thought It was a low paying job and thought that I didn’t deserve her because she was young and educated( degree in finance). My wife never knew how much I made until later either but she never really cared. She loved me and wanted to get married, and made it clear because I wasn’t Somali and didn’t have a good title they’d most likely reject me at first, which did happen. After a couple of attempts to convince her family, her mother finally asked me how much I made and it finally convinced her once I told her
Janitors can make a lot. Such a spoiled family. In Somalia a janitor job that earns decent is a dream come true. Walaahi the developed country Somalis are spoiled.