Husbands must inform wives that wives are not obligated to cook and clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
You clearly have no clue about Islam. You're completely ignorant.

A woman can even demand payment for breastfeeding her own child:

It's in the Qur'an:

فَإِنْ أَرْضَعْنَ لَكُمْ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ الطلاق/6

“Then if they give suck to the children for you, give them their due payment” [al-Talaaq 65:6].
A wife cannot demand payment for breastfeeding her own child, she is obligated. You call me ignorant, yet you don’t know that this verse refers to a woman who is divorced.

A wife cannot demand payment for breastfeeding her own child. You call me ignorant, yet you don’t know that this verse refers to a woman who is divorced.

Wrong. According to the Hanbalis and others it includes married women.

حيث يرى فقهاء الشافعية والحنابلة وبعض فقهاء المالكية أنّ خدمة المرأة لزوجها ليست من واجباتها الشرعية

The majority opinion of Islamic jurists say that it is not an obligation for a woman to cook, clean or even serve her husband. This is the official opinion of the Shafi'is, Hanbalis and most Maliki's.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
Ah I just realised I posted on generals Instead if the religion section. Mods please move it

It’s haram for a woman to fast without the permission of her husband:

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible for a woman to fast when her husband is present except with his permission, or to allow anyone in his house without his permission.”

Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, commenting on this hadeeth: Since it is obligatory for a woman to obey her husband with regard to his satisfying his desire, it is more appropriate that it be obligatory for her to obey him in that which is more important than that, namely raising their children, guiding the family, and other rights and duties.

It’s obligatory for her to raise the children, let alone her demanding a payment.

If she doesn’t look after children or cook/clean, then she’s getting divorced. A woman must obey her husband as long as it’s not haram. So if I command her to cook and clean for me, then she is obligated to do so.
Youre conflating many issues and I don't have the time for it. A women should obey her husband but it doesn't supersede her own rights ex. he can't command that she give him her money. As to fasting that refers to non-obligatory fasting and since that is connected to abstaining from sex that makes sense.

The quote from Albani is general what was he responding to and what was he basing it on? Are you Salafi or hanbali?

The thing with people like yourself is that it isn't about the deen and it's about 'my rights' which is why you are losing it. If you divorce your wife it's your choice it won't change the fact that she is not obligated to do the things mentioned in the Quran or hadith.

World

VIP
I think @Cigaal has been hacked by Mercury.

This guy is going to work all day long, come home exhausted, cook and clean(because apparently it’s not the wife’s duty), look after the children(because apparently it’s not the wife’s duty) whilst the qumayo was sleeping the whole day and watching Netflix. Her only duty is to open her legs when it’s time for wasmo.

:mjlol:

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
I think @Cigaal has been hacked by Mercury.

This guy is going to work all day long, come home exhausted, cook and clean(because apparently it’s not the wife’s duty), look after the children(because apparently it’s not the wife’s duty) whilst the qumayo was sleeping the whole day and watching Netflix. Her only duty is to open her legs when it’s time for wasmo.

:mjlol:
Again if you read my posts I said it is best for a women to do what is part of her custom. I'm simply just quoting what the shafi'I position regarding this issue. There is a legitimate difference of opinion so you can follow the hanafi position regarding this and not insult the rulings approved by most shafi and hanbali ulema such as shaykh ul islam imam nawawi, imam al ghazali, shaykh ul islam zakaria al Ansari, imam ibn hajar, imam ibn qudama etc. No offense but I'll rather stick with the judgements of thewe great scholars then you.

Gambar

VIP
You should be celebrating. If this turns platinum, most guys on Somalispot won't tell you to 'get back into the kitchen'.

Where is your intelligence you feeble minded woman?
I’ve never been in a kitchen. What does it look like?

World

VIP
Again if you read my posts I said it is best for a women to do what is part of her custom. I'm simply just quoting what the shafi'I position regarding this issue. There is a legitimate difference of opinion so you can follow the hanafi position regarding this and not insult the rulings approved by most shafi and hanbali ulema such as shaykh ul islam imam nawawi, imam al ghazali, shaykh ul islam zakaria al Ansari, imam ibn hajar, imam ibn qudama etc. No offense but I'll rather stick with the judgements of thewe great scholars then you.
What will you do if your wife refuses to cook, clean, look after your children and says that it’s not my obligation according to Islam? Will you pay for a maid/cook, cleaner, and a baby sitter since apparently this falls under your obligation?

What will you do if your wife refuses to cook, clean, look after your children and says that it’s not my obligation according to Islam? Will you pay for a maid/cook, cleaner, and a baby sitter since apparently this falls under your obligation?

How about cooking, cleaning and looking after your own kids?

That's the man's responsibility.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
For shafi'is yes. If this really bothers you then you can always become a hanafi:drakelaugh:

World

VIP
For shafi'is yes. If this really bothers you then you can always become a hanafi:drakelaugh:
1. You said that this was the opinion of Imam Nawawi, al Ghazali, Ibn Hajar. Why don’t you post them then? I won’t take the opinion of some random blog made by a guy raised in the feminist west.

2. What if a man is poor and cannot afford a maid, cook, cleaner, baby sitter? Before the 20th century, less than 1 % of men could afford such a luxury. Let alone in the deserts of Arabia. If the wife of a desert Bedouin in Arabia refused to cook, clean, and look after his children(because apparently it’s not her duty), what do you think he has to do? Do all of those duties? Don’t be stupid.

I’m very disappointed in you. I did not believe this would actually be your character.

@World

The great Shafi'i Primer text, متن أبي شجاع states:

وإن كانت ممن يخدم مثلها فعليه إخدامها وإن أعسر بنفقتها فلها فسخ النكاح، وكذلك إن أعسر بالصداقة قبل الدخول

Translation:
'If the newly married woman was someone who used to be served at home (her father's house), then it is an obligation that the husband find her someone who will serve her.
If the husband finds any difficulty in providing his wife with money, she may dissolve the marriage and likewise if he finds difficulty in paying the dowry.'

:rejoice:

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
1. You said that this was the opinion of Imam Nawawi, al Ghazali, Ibn Hajar. Why don’t you post them then? I won’t take the opinion of some random blog made by a guy raised in the feminist west.

2. What if a man is poor and cannot afford a maid, cook, cleaner, baby sitter? Before the 20th century, less than 1 % of men could afford such a luxury.

1. It's the official position of the shafi'I madhab so it's not farfetched that these scholars held this view. Also musa furber is a qualified scholar this is from his "about me" page

Hi, I’m Musa Furber
…And I’m here to make your life a lot simpler.

Here are a few things you should know about me:

• I’ve been studying the Islamic Tradition for over 20 years, specializing in Shafi’i Law
  • I’ve trained under several of the world’s preeminent Islamic scholars
  • I’m authorized to issue fatwas from Egypt’s world-famous Dar Al-Ifta Al-Misriyya
  • I have a Masters in Public Administration
  • I grew up in America, and I’ve lived in Damascus, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, and Kuala Lumpur.
  • I’ve published 14 books and 18 research papers, and have been quoted in over a dozen newspaper articles
Musa furber has also translated books here
https://musafurber.com/publications/

2, then he will have to do it himself or speak to a scholar to see what to do. Although it is rare for situations like this to occur. Most wives will simply follow the customs of their culture so it hasnt been a big issue

@World this is going to break your heart

Since you asked for Al Nawawi specifically:

He says in his famous book, منهاج الطالبين:

وعليه تمليكها حبا، وكذا طحنه وخبزه في الأصح

'It is obligatory for the husband to give the food to his wife in standard cereal, likewise the food must be grinded and baked according to the most correct opinion.'

Al Nawawi says you have to give the food ready made to your wife. :dead:

World

VIP

'It is obligatory for the husband to give the food to his wife in standard cereal, likewise the food must be grinded and baked according to the most correct opinion.'

I don’t trust you tbh, you could be lying for all I know or posting a quote out of context.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك

Well done with the references :ohdamn:

World

VIP
Imaam al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) reported in his Saheeh that Asma bint Abi Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: I got married to al-Zubayr, and he had no wealth on earth and no slaves, nothing except a camel for bringing water and his horse. I used to feed his horse and bring water, and I used to sew patches on the bucket. I made dough but I was not good at baking bread, so my (female) neighbours among the Ansaar used to bake bread for me, and they were sincere women. I used to bring date pits from al-Zubayrs land that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had given to him, carrying them on my head. This land was two-thirds of a farsakh away. One day I came, carrying the date pits on my head, and I met the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who had a group of the Ansaar with him. He called me and made his camel kneel down, for me to ride behind him, but I felt too shy to go with the men, and I remembered al-Zubayr and his jealousy, for he was the most jealous of people. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) realized that I felt shy, so he moved on. I came to al-Zubayr and told him, I met the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when I was carrying date pits on my head, and he had a group of his companions with him. He made his camel kneel down for me to ride with him, but I remembered your jealousy. He said, By Allaah, it bothers me more that you have to carry the date pits than that you should ride with him. Asma said: After that, Abu Bakr sent me a servant to take care of the horse, and it was as if I had been liberated from slavery.

(Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 9/319).

Ibn al-Qayyim said, concerning the story of Asma: When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw Asma with the date pits on her head, and her husband al-Zubayr was with her, he did not tell him that she did not have to serve him, or that this was unfair to her. He approved of her serving him and of all the women among the Sahaabah helping their husbands. This is a matter concerning which there is no doubt.

This is far beyond simply cooking and cleaning. Why didn’t the Prophet(SAW) condemn this incident if it’s not a woman’s role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending