Abiysinian ahmed is not kidding around.
the full article:https://www.ethiopia-insight.com/20...thorities-refuse-to-hand-power-to-new-region/Five months after the people of Sidama Zone voted in a referendum to become a regional state, many Sidama people are anxious about unconstitutional delays in the transfer of power from the Southern Nations region to the new federal state. Furthermore, local Prosperity Party officials are violating with impunity the human rights of Sidama people demanding respect for the vote.
On 30 April and 1 May, the head of security in Sidama Zone and regional special police kidnapped and abused several prominent Sidama scholars, activists and civilians in Hawassa, Dalle and Lokka Abbaayya districts and afforded them no due process. For example, Dr. Adege Alemu was beaten in public by the special police when they arrested him without due cause on 1 May in Hawassa.
There are already over 2,000 Sidama political prisoners in detention across Sidama and Hadiya regions in Ethiopia. The latest mass arrest in Sidama occurs at the time when prisoners in Ethiopia and many countries are being released to save lives amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Those recently imprisoned include:
1) Dr. Adege Alemu: Arrested 1 May. Released without charge 3 May.
2) Mr. Genene Solomon: Prominent activist detained in Hawassa 30 April. Still languishing in prison.
3) Mr. Abraham Adem: Prominent activist detained in Dalle district 30 April and still in prison.
4) Mr. Tekalign Solomon: Prominent activist detained in Lokka Abbaayya 30 April and still in prison.
5) Mr. Abebe Argiisso: Prominent activist detained in Dalle district 30 April and still in prison.
6) Mr. Demise Daneil: Prominent activist detained 1 May in Dalle and still in prison.
7) Mr. Demissie Bogale: Prominent activist detained 1 May and still in prison.
8) Mr. Asrat Assefa: Detained 1 May and released 3 May without charge.
9) Mr. Habtamu Argiisso: Detained 1 May and still in prison.
The authorities have resorted to harassing Sidama civilians to silence the legitimate grievances of the people arising from procrastination in formalizing Sidama Regional State.