How you guys are preparing yourselves for somalia's future

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
I want to create a Somali animation studio. I will create Somali weebs world wide! We need to tell our own stories creatively.

I am studying a field that will be useful in developing the country.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Once I graduate, I will remain in the west to gain work experience. I want to eventually start my own company and get NGO/government money to do development projects back home that are 100% free of corruption. Under budget and ahead of schedule is my target.
:fittytousand:
I also want to get a PhD at some point so that I can retire in Garowe as a university professor.
:banderas:
one thing I learned to do is do everything myself and rely on myself even all forms of money. you can't trust people and are unpredictable

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
I'm going to take advantage of the opportunities available all over Africa, especially Somalia with a tech business I plan on starting. No plan of ever moving there though.

Improving my Somali language skills, bought some grammar books on Af-Soomali.
I have been working on my Somali too, instead of reading in English. I try reading in Somali mainly the news because that is the only thing I can cooperate into my habit

Not sure yet but there is a lot of potential for farming in the South. It is very unsafe still so there is no point in investing yet but in the future I would recommend it as long as the Somali government gains control.

I'm going to take advantage of the opportunities available all over Africa, especially Somalia with a tech business I plan on starting. No plan of ever moving there though.
the only tech I believe Somali needs is surveillance not to intrude but to create security and safety eventually leading to centralized power

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
the only tech I believe Somali needs is surveillance not to intrude but to create security and safety eventually leading to centralized power

No... Finance, health, retail to name a few are necessary.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I'm going into law, so if Somalia stabilizes I can assist in the nascent legal sector especially since my spoken Somali is fairly profisicent. But this will be in like 15 to 20 years, for the foreseeable near term future I see continuing political instability in Somalia and during that time I'll be more focused on estbalishing myself in the West. Somalia is a nice

We need an army of lawyers of we want to build a functioning country.

I've helped pay for two of my relatives to study law in Kenya and hope to help fund more when I can.

Only worthwhile investment out of the education offerings in Africa.

All other courses are scams.

Somalia produces enough young graduates and they don't need fresh diaspora graduates flooding the market and taking over their dreams of landing a good job. What they need are few professional Somali experts who can guide them and most importantly, the best way diaspora Somalis can help Somalia recover is through lots of investments to create opportunities for these young people. Each region of Somalia has tens of thousands of people who hail from there in the diaspora. If each community can create or raise a venture capital for profit or non-profit and establish a committee with strong business background that plans and targets where to invest, what will follow is a healthy wealth creation, economic growth and employment for the Somali youth without relying on foreign handouts. It will open up many opportunities for the local business people and entrepreneurship will take hold via these investments trickling down. If each individual in the diaspora invests $1000, within few years, profits could be returned to the investors or it could be reinvested in other projects. The more money raised, the more local ventures it can fund. The question is, will clan patriots trust one another with their money to develop their region? We pay qaaraan when it comes to war, but not when it comes to investing and helping ourselves to grow our economy.

Somalia produces enough young graduates and they don't need fresh diaspora graduates flooding the market and taking over their dreams of landing a good job. What they need are few professional Somali experts who can guide them and most importantly, the best way diaspora Somalis can help Somalia recover is through lots of investments to create opportunities for these young people. Each region of Somalia has tens of thousands of people who hail from there in the diaspora. If each community can create or raise a venture capital for profit or non-profit and establish a committee with strong business background that plans and targets where to invest, what will follow is a healthy wealth creation, economic growth and employment for the Somali youth without relying on foreign handouts. It will open up many opportunities for the local business people and entrepreneurship will take hold via these investments trickling down. If each individual in the diaspora invests $1000, within few years, profits could be returned to the investors or it could be reinvested in other projects. The more money raised, the more local ventures it can fund. The question is, will clan patriots trust one another with their money to develop their region? We pay qaaraan when it comes to war, but not when it comes to investing and helping ourselves to grow our economy.
"If each community can create or raise a venture capital for profit or non-profit and establish a committee with strong business background that plans and targets where to invest, what will follow is a healthy wealth creation, economic growth and employment for the Somali youth without relying on foreign handouts." yes your right it good idea, but I feel Somalis back home are not skilled enough that they are able to coordinate themselves. what I think is they need low skilled work, you got to build them up, meaning you need few businessmen in office to bring jobs and convince foreign companies to invest in Somali. but first, the government must create security because business doesn't thrive in war

Last edited:
5560.jpg

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
I'm going into law, so if Somalia stabilizes I can assist in the nascent legal sector especially since my spoken Somali is fairly profisicent. But this will be in like 15 to 20 years, for the foreseeable near term future I see continuing political instability in Somalia and during that time I'll be more focused on estbalishing myself in the West. Somalia is a nice
lol you got it all wrong buddy. you will need to learn sharia law not western law. that wont work in somalia. sorry

lol you got it all wrong buddy. you will need to learn sharia law not western law. that wont work in somalia. sorry

Somalia is a country heavily dependent on international agreements, which rely on a secular legal framework and not shariah. Shariah is for the dusty footed illiterate local mullah to adjugicate regarding the disputes of local peasants---not the type of legal career i envision for myself.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
I've been working in the ship building industry for the past four years. I plan on establishing a ship building factory on Cape Gardafuul, the spot where the Gulf of Aden meets the Indian Ocean. That's prime location right there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.