How to get away with Marriage

Marriage is an essential part of a womens life. At least that is what we are told, especially in our culture. I feel like all the women around me consider marriage a goal in life and they are constantly in search for their potential life partner. My aunt always asks me "Have you met anyone yet" and occasionally my mom brings it up. I just realised that I never want to get married and the question is, as the title implies, how do I get away with not ever getting married. Any suggestions :feedme:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Marriage is an essential part of a womens life. At least that is what we are told, especially in our culture. I feel like all the women around me consider marriage a goal in life and they are constantly in search for their potential life partner. My aunt always asks me "Have you met anyone yet" and occasionally my mom brings it up. I just realised that I never want to get married and the question is, as the title implies, how do I get away with not ever getting married. Any suggestions :feedme:
Marriage is half of Deen. Are you Muslim?

I wont, but how do I get away with never marrying. People, especially family, will nag me to death about it. They already do and I constantly feel the pressure to get married and I only just turned
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you cant handle a bit of nagging, that's on you.

Remove your ukumo, i mean all of them, then bring it home to your mom and aunt. Surely they will never ask you about marriage again. :4uzpnkt::4uzpnkt:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
No, I'm not. And that is another issue. No one knows and I feel like it's unfair for me to marry someone without disclosing that information.
I see may Allah swt guide you, amien (its my duty to say this as muslim, dont get angry)

If you cant handle a bit of nagging, that's on you.

It's not just nagging. In Somali culture and tbh most cultures, marriage is seen as an important part in one's life, it's like a must-have goal. People will consider me a failure and that is what I'm trying to escape.

It's not just nagging. In Somali culture and tbh most cultures, marriage is seen as an important part in one's life, it's like a must-have goal. People will consider me a failure and that is what I'm trying to escape.
There's your problem. Caring what people think.

anyways

#JusticeForShukriAbdi
you are 19 and your parents wants you to get married??:wtf:

Alhamdulillah for my parents and family:whew: (guys dont give me evil eye, say mashallah)

you are 19 and your parents wants you to get married:wtf:

Alhamdulillah for my parents and family:whew: (guys dont give me evil eye, say mashallah)

My mom haven't straightforwardly said "get married" yet, but here and there she makes small hints that that is what she wants eventually when I'm done with school. And every time I say that I have no real interests in marriage nor having kids (will probably adopt tho) she always brushes it of and tells me that I'm not being serious.

Wasn't there an Islamic Scholar who never got married but wrote Sahih Al Bukhaari or Sahih Al Muslim.

What he contributed to Islam and the world is far more impactful than just planting a seed in a woman or raising children!

Sis, contrary to the nonsense peddled by many, women aren't created to just push out babies or be a man's wife.

You have been created by Allah to worship Allah.

Do what's right for you, not what's right for others.

Just make sure you have no regrets with whatever you decide to do.

anyways

#JusticeForShukriAbdi
My mom haven't straightforwardly said "get married" yet, but here and there she makes small hints that that is what she wants eventually when I'm done with school. And every time I say that I have no real interests in marriage nor having kids (will probably adopt tho) she always brushes it of and tells me that I'm not being serious.

sis i want to adopt too Inshallah.

they can't force you, but you should sit down with them and tell them how you feel, without them interrupting. im wishing you the best :it0tdo8:

Trending

Latest posts