How to cope with the loss of a loved one

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Has anyone been through this? How did you deal with it. I would love to hear your experience. I know it’s a heavy topic but it will help those that are going through similar situation.

NotMyL

VIP
Once you loose a loved one your only option is to make lots of dua.
That’s true dua and sadaqo is all we can really do for them but what about the person grieving? I know grieving is such a taboo thing in our culture, and by grieving I don’t mean doing anything that’s going against the religion.

That’s true dua and sadaqo is all we can really do for them but what about the person grieving? I know grieving is such a taboo thing in our culture, and by grieving I don’t mean doing anything that’s going against the religion.
In my opinion it's ok to grieve the loss of a loved one. When I lost my father I've been grieving for a really longtime.. Alhamdulillah after the grieving period I finally accepted the loss and moved on.

NotMyL

VIP
In my opinion it's ok to grieve the loss of a loved one. When I lost my father I've been grieving for a really longtime.. Alhamdulillah after the grieving period I finally accepted the loss and moved on.

AUN

I’m glad you are doing better, the loss of a parent is not something you can easily get over.

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!
Not a person but a pet-

The beautiful kitty you see in my profile pic died last November. Her name was Iggy and my coping mechanism was going through tons of pics and videos of her. She was my first pet and I only had her for 3 weeks godddamn it but she really brought so much happiness to us. :it0tdo8:

I lost 2 friends to accidents and the easiest way that I’ve dealt with grief is my total surrender that we will all die one day and we only don’t know the roll call and who will depart when. In another words, death is part of our journey and as long as it isn’t a violent death, we shouldn’t view it as a negative encounter. It’s best when it’s orderly and old people die before the young. But, sometimes, it never works that way and premature deaths saddens me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts