how to be less socially awkward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it builds confindence start off small behind a screen , then try speaking to people when your outside preferably not where you live or work in that way, people won't think your that weird guy who talks to them for no reason
Yeah like on the bus or train or maybe even park. I'll try to do that

Ask why questions or questions that need a response. Don't ask too much or it becomes an interrogation. Sometimes you need to carry a convo. Sometimes they need to. Try to keep it balanced. Just do what you do online.
Thanks, I'll try that. Hopefully it doesn't get too awkward

I don't know, maybe ask them out for a cup of coffee or something
LOOL abayo I'm studying in an Arab country. Asking for coffee = marriage proposal. Heck even staring at someone for more than 5 seconds = marriage proposal :mjlol:

I'll do that when I get back, THANKS :it0tdo8:

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
LOOL abayo I'm studying in an Arab country. Asking for coffee = marriage proposal. Heck even staring at someone for more than 5 seconds = marriage proposal :mjlol:

I'll do that when I get back, THANKS :it0tdo8:
:pachah1:
I meant for the girls, I dont really associate myself with guys except for people in my class and neighborhood so i dont know how to approach them :birdman:
You could be like to the girl, ''Ooh i like you hijab, where'd you get it from'' or just compliment them and yall will click instantly :mjpls:
Its easy wallahi :mjswag:

warculus

pls im broke send moneys
Usually greeting by saying 'you alright' starts off a convo or at least makes it less akward by acknowledging the other person. Then either just talk about whatever your both doing that forced an interaction to happen.

I used to dread new environments and meeting people, but since uni/work has me going to alot of different sites it isnt as scary as it looks. Greet them, introduce yourself, and just keep on the same topic of whatever the other person is talking about unless you lead the convo

Usually just acknowledging the other person makes all the tension go away between you two.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Pick a topic to talk about and let one thing lead to another. You don't need much knowledge of things, either. Keep asking questions and that will keep it going. Here's an example of how one topic leads to another

Travel - > China -> Great wall of China --> Hong Kong and British colonization of Hong Kong --> Chinese cuisine (dogs etc.) ...

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Wallahi forums are a place where introverts congregate.
Yeah i noticed that wallahi. But i know a few people that are on this site in real life some introvert others extrovert tbh.

I just hate talking to people who cant hold a convo comes off abit rude but hey what can i say im not introvert i dont how it is for them

@Shams nagi you can start by relaxing & slowing down your speech. I used to tell myself I was better than whoever I was spoke to (just don't show it) to feel less intimidated. I never really was a socially awkward person but I'd always get second-hand embarrassment for others when they couldn't hold a convo :tacky:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Being an introvert has nothing to do with being outgoing, that's a breeze. Its about where you draw your energy from. I'm energized in solitude.

It could be that you find small talk annoying. Its stale and routine but necessary at times.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Being an introvert has nothing to do with being outgoing, that's a breeze. Its about where you draw your energy from. I'm energized in solitude.

It could be that you find small talk annoying. Its stale and routine but necessary at times.
Do you act the same irl as you do online?

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
@Shams nagi you can start by relaxing & slowing down your speech. I used to tell myself I was better than whoever I was spoke to (just don't show it) to feel less intimidated. I never really was a socially awkward person but I'd always get second-hand embarrassment for others when they couldn't hold a convo :tacky:
I bring up topics you're supposed to avoid on a first date or with strangers (i.e. religion, politics etc.) and the conversation goes great from there. Even if we disagree it's a great convo

I bring up topics you're supposed to avoid on a first date or with strangers (i.e. religion, politics etc.) and the conversation goes great from there. Even if we disagree it's a great convo
Actually, that's a good idea for a date :ehh: that way it isn't a surprise when Amber wants you to attend the next antifa rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending