Are they fobs compared to other somali diasporas ?

• NO, you're generalizing most somali Australians are not like this

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • YES, they are a rather FOB'ish group compared to other somali diasporas

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lately i have been finding myself in the weird part of somali diaspora youtube and Somali Australian have really caught my attention, they truly are like no other somali diaspora group :what:
Their mannerism seem especially fob'ish to me :patrice:, like they were just recently smuggled into Australia and are yet to be naturalized :lolbron:.

I don't know much about Australia in general,i have zero relatives there it's alien to me

but i'm guessing at least one person in this forum is familiar with Somali Australians so WHAT'S THE TEA ON SOMALIS IN AUSTRALIA AND THERE FOB'ISH WAYS! :mjohreally:

in this vid some of these young somali teenagers said they were born in somalia , The Host also seems like he had sleepless nights in xaarmar with those Droopy Eyelids :stevej:
He must have had some serious trauma miskeen :wow:

lately i have been finding myself in the weird part of somali diaspora youtube and Somali Australian have really caught my attention, they truly are like no other somali diaspora group :what:
Their mannerism seem especially fob'ish to me :patrice:, like they were just recently smuggled into Australia and are yet to be naturalized :lolbron:.

I don't know much about Australia in general,i have zero relatives there it's alien to me

but i'm guessing at least one person in this forum is familiar with Somali Australians so WHAT'S THE TEA ON SOMALIS IN AUSTRALIA AND THERE FOB'ISH WAYS! :mjohreally:

in this vid some of these young somali teenagers said they were born in somalia , The Host also seems he had like sleepless nights in xaarmar with those Droopy Eyelids :stevej:
He must have experienced some serious trauma miskeen :wow:
@Dalmoor @Ferrari @redpen @jamal9 @Crow @Saalax Bidaar@abdiwarrior@Abdalla@Pureblood @Manzana @CaliSomali@CaliSomali@4head@Bohol@Kodeen@Hmmmm@Lukaku @Rayan @Zakaria Hussein@Knowles

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
They can be those that arrived as a family migrant thus the ^weird behaviours/mannerism^

They arrived during the start of Civil war, except thoze who arrived before that as a students.

Other than that, Imaam @AussieHustler can spill the tea on it:reallymaury:

Most Somali-Australians came as students around 1989-1992, when Somalia was in chaos but not in anarchy. They snapped up as many student visas they could and came over.

Recently, however, many Somalis have been moving from Malaysia and that can explain the fobbish attitude.

Most Somali-Australians are well-integrated and successful as most of them were educated during the kacaan era.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP

in this vid some of these young somali teenagers said they were born in somalia , The Host also seems like he had sleepless nights in xaarmar with those Droopy Eyelids :stevej:
They’re fobs. Fresh from the detention centre or boats.

Most Somali-Australians came as students around 1989-1992, when Somalia was in chaos but not in anarchy. They snapped up as many student visas they could and came over.

Recently, however, many Somalis have been moving from Malaysia and that can explain the fobbish attitude.

Most Somali-Australians are well-integrated and successful as most of them were educated during the kacaan era.
somalis educated during the kacaan era are some of the biggest FKD nigga :drakelaugh:
They are veterans at it, they use their knowledge to stand out in the game

As Rocca mentioned, the first batch of Somalis who came to Australia were half a dozen Somali government employees who were granted scholarships to advance their skills in agri-businesses. They came here in 1985. At the same time, the first Africans to be airlifted by the Australian government and granted refugee status were 3dozen Ethiopian refugees in Egypt the same year. These Ethiopians included half a dozen Somalis who fled the Somali region of Ethiopia after the defeat of the Ogaden war and settled in Cairo and then registered with the UNHCR. They hailed from the clans in Jibouti and Somaliland. They were the first group of Africans being settled in Australia since ‘The White Australia Policy’ has been abolished. This policy alluded to that only ‘white people could settle Australia’. It was abolished in 1974. Soon after Gough Whitlam (the greatest Aussie prime minister) revoked the policy, Lebanese and Vietnamese boat people were accepted as refugees and admitted to Australia in their tens of thousands. But for a decade, the government tiptoed around African migrants for local political reasons. The Aussies weren’t ready for black African migrants. However, dozens of Somalis flew to Australia from the Gulf Arab States in the later part of the 1980’s as tourists and applied for refugee status. The Australian troops were stationed in Baidoa in 1994 as a member of the coalition of ‘Restore Hope’ and they were welcomed warmly by the public there. After the mission collapsed and their departure, Somalia descended into total chaos and anarchy. Clinton in order to please his critics about his failure in Somalia started mass evacuation of Somali refugees to the United States and asked the western countries like Australia to admit Somali refugees to their countries. Many refugees were airlifted from Utanga refugee Camp beginning from 1996. Many more came via family reunions. This migration started to dwindle in the 2000’s with the emergence of Alshabaab. Up till 2017, Australia was only accepting spousal and Somali orphans sponsored by their relatives and very selective few cases of women in danger. Since then, the orphans sponsorship has been put on hold and spousal visas have been tightened because if you pass the stringent character, history of welfare dependency and financial independence tests, you’ve to be able to provide for your family for 24 months or more. That includes, health, housing and etc. That’s why young somalis are now sponsoring wives and husbands from Malaysia. But very few are coming these days. Australia has enacted the Trump policy without fanfare and is exercised the Australian way. No tweets, no mentioning of bans.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
I would say Somali Australians are the least fobish/wild community compared North America and Europe. Australian community is definitely the most low key

I would say Somali Australians are the least fobish/wild community compared North America and Europe. Australian community is definitely the most low key

Von

I don’t know how bad it is in North America and Europe, but mention terrorism here, the chances of a Somali is involved is 90%.

Von

I don’t know how bad it is in North America and Europe, but mention terrorism here, the chances of a Somali is involved is 90%.

The terrorism in Australia is also extremely rare compared to the rest of the world. Australian media have been extremely careless in how they reported on terrorism and the Somali-Australian community in general.

The other thing is that any crime a Somali does is linked to terror. This can be shown by the two Bourke street attacks: The Greek-Orthodox Christian man who had religious motives was not referred to as a terrorist but the Somali who had mental issues for years was referred to as a terrorist.

Most Australians are really angered by Somalis as we were the first Africans to come to Australia and are one the largest African communities.

The terrorism in Australia is also extremely rare compared to the rest of the world. Australian media have been extremely careless in how they reported on terrorism and the Somali-Australian community in general.

The other thing is that any crime a Somali does is linked to terror. This can be shown by the two Bourke street attacks: The Greek-Orthodox Christian man who had religious motives was not referred to as a terrorist but the Somali who had mental issues for years was referred to as a terrorist.

Most Australians are really angered by Somalis as we were the first Africans to come to Australia and are one the largest African communities.

Rocca

Sxb, I do agree with you to a certain point. If one screams ‘Allahu Akbar’, evoking the name of Allah to kill, maim and murder, then their motive is religious. Most terrorists have some issues with their mental health because “normal” people, regardless of their backgrounds wouldn’t commit such acts. But what happens when mental illness and religious extremism are moulded together and causes human tragedies? Will their religious motivation be excused? Our community lacks leadership and unity because of tribal ideology. Some Somalis were pointing fingers at some prominent peacelovimg Muslim scholars after the recent Bourke Street tragedy to score tribal points. It’s a sick and useless community that’s destroying itself. There is no one else to blame except ourselves.

Rocca

Sxb, I do agree with you to a certain point. If one screams ‘Allahu Akbar’, evoking the name of Allah to kill, maim and murder, then their motive is religious. Most terrorists have some issues with their mental health because “normal” people, regardless of their backgrounds wouldn’t commit such acts. But what happens when mental illness and religious extremism are moulded together and causes human tragedies? Will their religious motivation be excused? Our community lacks leadership and unity because of tribal ideology. Some Somalis were pointing fingers at some prominent peacelovimg Muslim scholars after the recent Bourke Street tragedy to score tribal points. It’s a sick and useless community that’s destroying itself. There is no one else to blame except ourselves.

I agree with you 100% but what for that particular incident I was going off the information on SBS which said he was rejected from the masjid at age 12 due to his mental health.

Either way, Somalis need to fix up their image in Australia. Most Somali-Australians have the attitude of working silently and not speaking up. That type of behaviour allows us to be defamed by non-friendly media outlets.

Are we all Fobs because you watched a video that had Somali Fobs. :ayaanswag:

To answer your question, the bulk of the Somali Community in Australia migrated here in the 90s after the civil war. Immigration from Somalia, and other war zones in general, started to trickle down due to the war on terror. The only exception to this would be the South Sudanese refugees.

The claim that there were many students here before the civil war is false. The number of Somalis that lived in Australia prior to the civil war is incredibly small. It is much the same in New Zealand as well.

As to the claim that Somalis are involved in 90% of the terrorist attacks in Australia, this is nothing but libel. There have been 2 terror attacks involving Somalis, as well as an alleged plot with a young man that was apparently looking to purchase an AK47 on the internet to commit a mass shooting. He was the younger brother of drug addict that stabbed people in downtown Melbourne two months ago. We will see what becomes of that.

Are we all Fobs because you watched a video that had Somali Fobs. :ayaanswag:

To answer your question, the bulk of the Somali Community in Australia migrated here in the 90s after the civil war. Immigration from Somalia, and other war zones in general, started to trickle down due to the war on terror. The only exception to this would be the South Sudanese refugees.

The claim that there were many students here before the civil war is false. The number of Somalis that lived in Australia prior to the civil war is incredibly small. It is much the same in New Zealand as well.

As to the claim that Somalis are involved in 90% of the terrorist attacks in Australia, this is nothing but libel. There have been 2 terror attacks involving Somalis, as well as an alleged plot with a young man that was apparently looking to purchase an AK47 on the internet to commit a mass shooting. He was the younger brother of drug addict that stabbed people in downtown Melbourne two months ago. We will see what becomes of that.

@sanger

Sxb, I was part of a team that researched this issue during my uni days for the immigration museum in Melbourne and though I played only a minor role, this team even traced the first Somali to migrate to Australia who was a Somali lady born in Wales, Britain and came here with her Scottish husband in 1976. There was also a Somali couple who left the United States and settled in Melbourne in 1982.

As for the terrorism in Australia, you've conveniently omitted the case of the Somali girl in Adelaide who was found guilty September this year being a member of ISIS to fit in your narrative .

Adelaide woman found guilty of being a member of Islamic State terrorist group.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09...if-found-guilty-of-terrorism-offence/10256972

We don't need to go into denial modes and become apologists for those who tarnish our image, what is required is to own the existence of these problems and then find solutions. We are over-represented in cases of terrorism and that is a fact according to the figures and numbers.

A lot of Somalis moved there late noughties and early this decade.

It was a very used route to tahriib.

A lot of people came too late and got stopped and are still in Malaysia and Indonesia.

A lot of Somalis moved there late noughties and early this decade.

It was a very used route to tahriib.

A lot of people came too late and got stopped and are still in Malaysia and Indonesia.

@AliUK

Few Somali asylum seekers were sent to the island of Nauru and Papua New Guinea because they came to Australia “illegally” by boat from Indonesia and they were refused to be processed in Australia or to ever settle in Australia. With pressure from the Churches and influential members of civil society, the Australian government made a deal with the American government for a swap of unwanted refugees. Australia took from them convicted (non-U.S citizens) Cuban criminals that they couldn’t keep in jail any longer and couldn’t send them back to Cuba, in return. they took these refugees in Papua and Nauru. Guess what? Trump took the rest of the refugees except the Somalis, the Iranians & few other nationalities. Trump’s Ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending