How Much Should You Have Saved By Age

mrlog

VIP
I have 2 saving accounts, one for emergency funds and house deposit.

How did u save though, bal explain
we got dudes like @Jiron who get tricked into sending his hard earned money back home to niggaz who chit chat all day and probably have 2 wives.
Meanwhile jiron is working double shift at Target

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
I came across this tweet and it inspired me alot
23F9F442-ACEB-4FC4-9CB1-1591011A950C.jpeg

I’m in a saving mode currently, working my ass off literally. No life whatsoever but it is worth it wlhz3zrULC I’m happier than ever before. Alhamdulilah. :eating:Also the great thing about hard earned money is that you really don’t want to waste it in a matter of seconds, I’ve started to think at least more than twice if I really really need whatever I’m trying to purchase, in my life right now, and in what way it will effect me.
upload_2019-12-2_23-51-53.gif

I came across this tweet and it inspired me alot
View attachment 83445

I’m in a saving mode currently, working my ass off literally. No life whatsoever but it is worth it wlhz3zrULC I’m happier than ever before. Alhamdulilah. :eating:Also the great thing about hard earned money is that you really don’t want to waste it in a matter of seconds, I’ve started to think at least more than twice if I really really need whatever I’m trying to purchase, in my life right now, and in what way it will effect me.
View attachment 83448

You go, walaal! Build your wealth. You’ll be that one 40 year old jetting from location to location.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
When u die, and u r in your grave, all alone, is your money going to cushion YOU?

I wish i saved up. Just starting out now. I was too lenient when family called to send moneyNot anymore. I need to look out for me for a while. Too drained.

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
I dont really regret it. Is just that i wasn't looking out for me and i got depleted . Allah said give but don't forget yourself.
Well said, give but don’t forget yourself. It will be tough at the beginning but don’t give in and stay focused and humble. Also don’t feel guilty about it wlh, I have been in that state before, it took me sometime to figure it out though. :icon lol:

I was that person who would give when not even asked but indirectly knew they needed it. I’m not regretting it wlh and I’ll keep doing it but in a moderate way where I don’t ruin myself.

I’m not saying completely cut off being generous but as you said when you are left with nothing that is not healthy either, you have to take care of yourself first before you can help other people.

Also helping out a person one or twice is not an issue really, if you can, but being contantly the one people are relaying on can be very tiresome and you have to know where your limit goes.:uCkf6mf:

By 30, you’ll want one-half times your current salary, and by 35, you’ll want one times your salary. As a Somali you should be taking advantage of the free rent and meals that your parents are providing. By age 35, I anticipate to have 3x my salary saved. The key is to start young and teach your kids at a young age.

How many of you are good at savings?

I'm like Julius from Everybody Hates Chris

Tukraq

VIP
I started saving from doing small jobs in middle school, been a saver ever since. However, my family is aware of my good habit and when ever there’s an emergency, I always receive that call. I don’t mind tho, it’s family and I cherish every time :)
I feel you, but I started at 14, full time at 16, seems Seattle has worker bees from a younger age

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Don't just dump it into a dead ass savings account or under your bed.

Put it into decent yielding investments and the one that could bring you the biggest benefit is paying down the equity of the roof you live under.

No point saving a couple cents every month while paying 30% of your income on rent.

The down payment really isn't that high if you look around for some loan program.

All riba though :hova:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I feel you, but I started at 14, full time at 16, seems Seattle has worker bees from a younger age

I notice that too, nothing like earning your own money bro. I actually bought my first car, a used acura legend in the 10th grade. it felt so good driving around south end and downtown area at night.

hard work is fruitful, id definitely encourage kids to start doing side jobs. :)

Trending

Latest posts