How many people in your family Speak Arabic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how common Arabic speakers are in Somali households. While most of the younger Somali generations and almost all the western diaspora can't speak a word of Arabic, most of the older generations are more inclined to able to comprehend Arabic; that's why most Somali house holds have at least one or two Arabic speakers.

What's the case for your family?
Including both your parents and living or recently diseased grandparents. How Many of your family members can speak Arabic? and of those how many didn't grow up in the west?

For my family it's 9, both my parents and grandparents, 3 girls and 2 guys could.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Also who's the most Multilingual

Last edited:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
We don't need Arabic in our lives. My dad knows Arabic and I understand basic stuff but we shouldn't concern ourselves with a foreign language that is if no use to us in our daily lives.

Joesph Muktaar

I am the Andy Dufernse of this site
everyone in my family knows Arabic. Arabic is important to learn the Quran

Alot of my uni stuff are in Arabic m

We don't need Arabic in our lives. My dad knows Arabic and I understand basic stuff but we shouldn't concern ourselves with a foreign language that is if no use to us in our daily lives.
Arabic is pretty useful when travaling to the holy lands of Mecca, Medina and Quds. It's not a Useless language but the 4th most spoken language in the world. Plus it's useful if you want to learn the religion and Fiqh, because almost every scholarly book of religion in Islam is written in Arabic.

My uncles speak fluent English ,Somali ,Arabic and sometimes the language they settled in .Those fellows took their education very seriously because they were brought to the city as young boys from the countryside .

#Work hard you ungrateful gits !

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Nobody, though my hooyo is teaching herself.

I know how to read it if the vowel signs (fathah, dammah, etc) are there. I went to this Arab duqsi where they thought some Arabic, I only know how to say "My name is so-and-so" though
:mjlol:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP

I know how to read it if the vowel signs (fathah, dammah, etc) are there. I went to this Arab duqsi where they thought some Arabic, I only know how to say "My name is so-and-so" though
Same pretty much.

Joesph Muktaar

I am the Andy Dufernse of this site

Cn yu rid ths

That how Arabic without the Vowels like

Status
Not open for further replies.