How many of you will legally get married?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I don’t know if reer Europe are the same but majority of Somalis in MN aren’t legally married, for the older generation it’s for a simple reason, being a single mother means more money but I can’t understand why the young couple aren’t making their marriages legal? What’s the deal here? :cosbyhmm:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I don’t know if reer Europe are the same but majority of Somalis in MN aren’t legally married, for the older generation it’s for a simple reason, being a single mother means more money but I can’t understand why the young couple aren’t making their marriages legal? What’s the deal here? :cosbyhmm:
Haram though, no wonder the kids end up damned.

And who doesn't get legally married, I assume that half of the shiekhs done in MN are not governmental recognized are they??

NotMyL

VIP
Haram though, no wonder the kids end up damned.

And who doesn't get legally married, I assume that half of the shiekhs done in MN are not governmental recognized are they??
There only handful of sheikhs, I think it’s 3 that are recognized by MN, my uncle who got us married is one of them you need him to sign off when you are applying for your certificate.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Never. Not our culture and a western scam to destroy the household and family structure. They can take my kids, my house and my wealth when the sunnah does not allow it. Why would i do that to myself?

Some simp, western culture shit pushed on to the cadaan by jews.

:chrisfreshhah::mjlol:

Apollo

VIP

Student loans?

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
There only handful of sheikhs, I think it’s 3 that are recognized by MN, my uncle who got us married is one of them you need him to sign off when you are applying for your certificate.
Yeah, I was kinda baffled, I had a recognized Somali shiekh in London to sign everything off and witness it, but I also registered with both the Italian and the UK records to ensure of no issues. But as @Yahya said, if it ends in a bad way, I am legally damned.

People who don’t want be legally married, are people who plan to raise their kids on welfare, they can get extra benefits by lying.

People who want to a legal wedding are people who actually work and want the legal benefits like less tax and etc
:bell:

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
The younger gen does this too?

If thats the case then i suspect their parents has something to do with it.

I would want my marriage legal, why burden yourself with
unnecessary lies and worries?

Apollo

VIP
I knew this scam a fob family did. Guy works full-time but is registered to live on his own elsewhere (in reality actually lives with the wife and kids), woman is registered as a single mother and gets full government gibs.

Somalis are kangz at scamming the government, sadly.

NotMyL

VIP
Never. Not our culture and a western scam to destroy the household and family structure. They can take my kids, my house and my wealth when the sunnah does not allow it. Why would i do that to myself?

Some simp, western culture shit pushed on to the cadaan by jews.

:chrisfreshhah::mjlol:
Dude say it’s western culture all you want but there are benefits to it, my co worker’s sister got her company to approve for relocations to Sweden where her mother lives but she is not legally married anyways her husband doesn’t qualify for the spousal visa to go live and work there, another example my husband is under my health insurance we pay less than 200 for full coverage before we were married he was paying 600 by himself, there’s benefits to being legally married.
Benefits to legal marriage? Are you legally married by any chance?

Yeah we are legally married, I plan to share my life with this person I’m not going to not do it because I’m scared of things getting ugly in case of a divorce. Also like @beenleey mentioned for tax purposes :mjpls:

Last edited:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I knew this scam a fob family did. Guy works full-time but is registered to live on his own elsewhere (in reality actually lives with the wife and kids), woman is registered as a single mother and gets full government gibs.

Somalis are kangz at scamming the government, sadly.
There was a guy in the UK who lived near us. He registered as unemployed, and gets all soughts of benefits and whatnot, but he is married to a wife in the UK and another in Sweden, who all are "Single Mothers" according to the government.

Their kids did not end up well, half going down the system route or jail and whatnot.

Half the boys in my school was on Pupil Premium and Free School meals, whilst having the money to buy the latest Nike trackie and the latest game.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
There was a guy in the UK who lived near us. He registered as unemployed, and gets all soughts of benefits and whatnot, but he is married to a wife in the UK and another in Sweden, who all are "Single Mothers" according to the government.

Their kids did not end up well, half going down the system route or jail and whatnot.

Half the boys in my school was on Pupil Premium and Free School meals, whilst having the money to buy the latest Nike trackie and the latest game.
Damn :(