How Many Clan and Sub-Clan Militias Are There in Puntland & Somaliland.

From the recent skirmishes in Puntland and Somaliland, it is evident that every sub-clan or even sub-sub clan has their own militia and if they feel like that they are missing on the share of the slice of cake, then they will take matters on their hand and rock the boat. So, my question is, how many of these militias exist both in Somaliland and Puntland? Since, no one wants to volunteer such information openly, can I kindly ask;

@DR OSMAN to enlighten us about the Puntland sub clan militias.

and

@Bohol to enlighten us about the Somaliland sub clan militias.

Thanks in advance to both gentlemen.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
From the recent skirmishes in Puntland and Somaliland, it is evident that every sub-clan or even sub-sub clan has their own militia and if they feel like that they are missing on the share of the slice of cake, then they will take matters on their hand and rock the boat. So, my question is, how many of these militias exist both in Somaliland and Puntland? Since, no one wants to volunteer such information openly, can I kindly ask;

@DR OSMAN to enlighten us about the Puntland sub clan militias.

and

@Bohol to enlighten us about the Somaliland sub clan militias.

Thanks in advance to both gentlemen.

I heard PL is following 'decentralized' methods of Army asking for 'quotas' from each clan and their militia for PL government duties. So they still end up keeping their soldiers and weapons or they combine it when needed for PL govt duties. The actual enrolled soldiers under the govt in PL is very small in comparison to how much weapons and arms are in the hands of the civilians. Even if you do 'enrol' them in the 'army' the 'ISIMO' are so powerful t hey can give the green light to their 'angry' politician to pull out the soldiers from PL govt. So it's not centralized at all and it's really controlled by ISIMO and of the main reasons I call for Royalty structure for PL so the state doesn't have to compete sharing power but have power structured between ISIMO and Govt thru constitution. Right now the Isimo and Govt have no 'constitutional' laws, it's chaotic unstructured governance, their allowing powerful stakeholder to be unaccountable.

I call for Monarchy structure though where they are 'head of state' as Isimo Chamber and therefore have so much power they will not 'misuse' it cuz it can affect the whole state and they won't do that for personal ambition. Plus once their duties are well listed and known that they represent our people history and should be selling it to our friends and partners, the govt can go ahead not in fear of will this guy be angry or that guy with my decision. Anywhere there is a vacum of no structure creates chaos it's scientific.

Right now the ISIMO are free from govt and therefore 'equal' or in sometimes 'above' the government. They need' regulating' bro and told to sell our history to other royal houses not play politics. Religious guys are not that influential, their trying to become influential thru 'economics' but they know deep down this nation is controlled by their ISIMO not 'economics'. That's why we dont need to worry as much about CULUMADA. Their symbolic

Last edited:
I heard PL is following 'decentralized' methods of Army asking for 'quotas' from each clan and their militia for PL government duties. So they still end up keeping their soldiers and weapons or they combine it when needed for PL govt duties. The actual enrolled soldiers under the govt in PL is very small in comparison to how much weapons and arms are in the hands of the civilians. Even if you do 'enrol' them in the 'army' the 'ISIMO' are so powerful t hey can give the green light to their 'angry' politician to pull out the soldiers from PL govt. So it's not centralized at all and it's really controlled by ISIMO and of the main reasons I call for Royalty structure for PL so the state doesn't have to compete sharing power but have power structured between ISIMO and Govt thru constitution. Right now the Isimo and Govt have no 'constitutional' laws, it's chaotic unstructured governance, their allowing powerful stakeholder to be unaccountable.

I call for Monarchy structure though where they are 'head of state' as Isimo Chamber and therefore have so much power they will not 'misuse' it cuz it can affect the whole state and they won't do that for personal ambition. Plus once their duties are well listed and known that they represent our people history and should be selling it to our friends and partners, the govt can go ahead not in fear of will this guy be angry or that guy with my decision. Anywhere there is a vacum of no structure creates chaos it's scientific.

Right now the ISIMO are free from govt and therefore 'equal' or in sometimes 'above' the government. They need' regulating' bro and told to sell our history to other royal houses not play politics. Religious guys are not that influential, their trying to become influential thru 'economics' but they know deep down this nation is controlled by their ISIMO not 'economics'. That's why we dont need to worry as much about CULUMADA. Their symbolic

@DR OSMAN

Thanks for explaining the clan militia phenomenon and offering solutions to this madness. How many militias “independent” of the “Puntland forces” are there at the moment in Puntland led by a “clan warlord” like Issa Yullux?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN

Thanks for explaining the clan militia phenomenon and offering solutions to this madness. How many militias “independent” of the “Puntland forces” are there at the moment in Puntland led by a “clan warlord” like Issa Yullux?

Bro No offence I am not sure why you entertain SL when it's clearly not a factual or scientific minded society. Dude the guys tell their people their independent and shit for 30 years. It reminds me of Baghdad Bob Nonsensical media rants

We-have-them.jpg

This tactic is termed an 'alternative' reality it can be compared to mythologies or @Inquisitive_ who is not following any 'scientific' model but his own 'alternate' reality model. We know what happened to Baghdad Bob when the 'REAL' Scientific based countries c
0ee655cc6ad1bbf
ame. It's not comparable. It's like entertaining some 'voodoo' doctor and his community of 'spirits'. U actually 'entertain' it, I ask for 'measurable' proof in the physical world, he can't provide it, I dismiss it and do not waste my time in such alternate realities. I mean it can be 'true or false' but we live in a world defined by maths and we need to learn the language of the world.

PL is real as f*ck. This isn't an 'alternate' reality. This nation is 'federal'. It's not an 'alternate' reality at all as the evidences are overwhelming. Such as the constitution, federal member states, Somalia official status in the United Nations as a 'federal' country.

If I lived in such SL society, I would be furious and angry living baghdad bob existence and not following the 'laws' of the land. I would love to be 'separate' country but there is so many 'variables' that need analyzing before it happens. I need to work within the 'system' of the world. Somalia is a nation state, our member status is based on Somalia. PL just 'redefined' our nation 'internally', but membership in the world of communities is still 'Somalia' I just added a 'federal' to it, so I can be legal government not attached to Somalia. I want to take it further while working with this 'defined' parameters and declare it a 'federation of regions' which will allow us to have more autonomy and more ceremonial roles for Mogadishu.

The world can't interfere 'officially' in your inside structures, but u also need to respect the world strucures and borders and member states. It's quite simple. The liklihood of 5-6 nation states coming out of Somalia with full UN member roles in a 'climate' of 'anti islamism' is highly unpredictable unless we have a strong 'case' for it. We honestly don't. We are not near 'china' or 'russia' like those eastern european states were at the cold war time, there was security reason for their developments. Taiwan has no international support from any nation as it may piss China off that their sovereignity hasn't been respected. It's too much geopolitical. I am more interested in local stuff anyways, as the geopolitical is 'law based' where-as Somalia internal stuff is not law based. Internal focus needed, not 'external' focus

@DR OSMAN

Bro, don’t misunderstand me, Somaliland is as fractured into clan militias just like in Puntland. Every so often, we see a militia leader declaring that he and his militia decided to be no longer part of the “Somaliland forces”. I asked the same question @Bohol and I hope the brother enlightens us further.

Btw, my ancestors hail from Bari, but I wouldn’t call myself a Puntlander because I’ve no loyalty towards a roughly patched up clan enclave. That’s me but my parents and siblings think differently.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN

Check this article written in 2017 and predicted what took place in Puntland 2 weeks ago.

Order from Chaos
Puntland’s problems
It's not just al-Shabab that threatens Somalia's stability
Vanda Felbab-Brown Monday, June 19, 2017

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2017/06/19/puntlands-problems/

Somalia is defined 'structure' bro in Maths. It's got parameters like borders, sea, air space, peoples. It's like a 'triangle' it's structure right? Well with Somalis they want to jump outside the 'structure' and there is 'nothingness' so it creates a 'vacuum or disorder' due to lack of structure. This is SL/Hamas/Islamists going against mathamatical world and how reality works based on 'beliefs and religiosity or clan agendas' things that are not 'structures' but mere 'opinions'. Opinions are fine as long as you also provide a 'structure' for it like a 'triangle' or else it could lead to an open space of 'nothingness' outside a structure. Once outside a structure, you are either in 'vacuum of existence' or an existence of 'disorder' there is no doubt about these 'scientific conditions. Even @PhySom knows to defy science is defy the actual reality we live in and why u see so much problems and chaotic things in Somalia.

As for the Military issue. Listen the govt is 'official' in PL but it's really 'symbolic' it's decisions can be 'overuled' by an all-powerful ISIMO or elder. Why? the ISIMO is in non governed 'space' or 'structure' and outside the control of the PL govt. Hence we need to create a 'structure' for them. I prefer the 'kingdom' method, some prefer a 'council' member. It doesn't matter as long as there is structure there is 'something' and from something can arise something else and so forth ma 'garatay'? but from 'nothingness' or outside of 'structures' there is evidence it leads to chaos or vacuum of people just in 'existence'.

I will be honest with you I still do not have an answer for the real problem about clans handing over their weapons to a 'central' authority, at least we have 'defined' problem, we know we need to create a 'defined' strucure for it. Deni is trying to create bases across the region and 'structure' but then again just like his own 'executive' power to change something as seen with the Ali Saleman will recently, those bases will still report to an 'elder'. It takes just one second for the elder to go live on TV and ask his clan to 'leave' the 'structure' and come back to the 'vacuum or disorder' space of no structure. I am working hard to look at models to address this ungoverned space of weapons and isimo while taking into consideration the 'variable' of clans not wanting to be left vulnerable and disarmed in a state that isn't 'structured' on 'science' and 'reality' but on election bribes, clannism, foreign agendas, local agendas, individual interests. To ask the ISIMO to hand over their weapons over to such 'faulty' structures is a bit rich and bit unrealistic.

@DR OSMAN

I do agree with you that the whole structure is unsafe because it is standing on a very wobbly and dangerous foundation. This union of sub, sub clans with their militias loyal to them could render any disagreements to blow out of proportion anytime and result an all out of war. Nothing has been done to address it for the last 2 decades and this artificial Union only survived with the stick and carrot approach by foreign entities and especially the United States who are worried a leadership vacuum will be filled by the terrorists. How and why are the people and in particular, the educated ones satisfied with such a primordial, feudal, self-defeating and corrupt system? Corruption and political patronage will only enable the very few elite people in every sub sub clan to live a better privileged lives, how about the masses? They will be kept in poverty and thus might create a very volatile situation. How could one support such a system for the benefits of h/her sub clan?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN

I do agree with you that the whole structure is unsafe because it is standing on a very wobbly and dangerous foundation. This union of sub, sub clans with their militias loyal to them could render any disagreements to blow out of proportion anytime and result an all out of war. Nothing has been done to address it for the last 2 decades and this artificial Union only survived with the stick and carrot approach by foreign entities and especially the United States who are worried a leadership vacuum will be filled by the terrorists. How and why are the people and in particular, the educated ones satisfied with such a primordial, feudal, self-defeating and corrupt system? Corruption and political patronage will only enable the very few elite people in every sub sub clan to live a better privileged lives, how about the masses? They will be kept in poverty and thus might create a very volatile situation. How could one support such a system for the benefits of h/her sub clan?

BREACH OF CONTRACT MAY COST SOMALIA MILLIONS

A court may force Somalia to shell out millions of dollars in breach of a contract the previous Federal Government under President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud had signed with a Dutch company.

An investigative report published by wardheernews, a Somali news website, brings to light how pledges made at London Somalia Conference in 2013 and a subsequent one held in Brussels in 2014 led the the Federal Government of Somalia to contract a Dutch company, Atlantic Marine and Offshore Group (AMO), to build ships for “Somali coastal guards”.

image-1.png

Somalia and AMO signing the contract on July 29, 2013
Complications emerged when the Dutch company invoiced the Somali government, which did not honour the agreement on grounds that it does not have contract documents it had expected to receive from the contractor. In 2016 the Somali Ambassador to EU, Ali Said Fiqi, paid a visit to a shipyard event under the rubric “made for Somalia” although relations between the Somali Federal Government and the Dutch company had then soured beyond repair. ” All indications seem to suggest that AMO will win the arbitration in Rotterdam, Netherlands, and that Somalia will have no recourse but to abide by the legally binding decision. Sources have told me that the Dutch government has been pressuring the Somali government to accommodate AMO and pay millions of dollars in a settlement” writes Hassan Abukar, the author of the report.

The Federal Government Somalia, already grappling with maritime dispute with Kenya, has not commented on its role in the court proceedings or whether it has been aware of the breach of contract case against its predecessor.

© PUNTLAND POST 2019

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN

You see when your not a proper state that operates on mathamatical concept, they know this creates a state outside 'mathamatical' reality of the physical world. In other words their 'small to medium' sized companies see your 'country' as a 'risk' but as a 'reward' cause their big 'companies' are not risking in 'chaos' since their established to be 'risk averse and follow govt or un advice' about nations in the world and business risk. They know your grading as a nation in the UN is 'Humanitarian', hence only those NGO are allowed 'access' so the western world and islamic world are using their 'charity' money on you while creating 'lucrative' industry of employment for their locals. I repeat no-one escapes 'structures', the whole world w e live in has 'structures even the 'universe'. See yourself your in a 'structure' a house right now, then a neighborhood, then a council govt, then a city govt, then state govt, then federal govt. U see at all times your within structures because without it their is no disorder like you see in Somalia.

It's in this disorder that 'mafia' companies make their million I will cut it short lol, so the west is always eating sending their up-coming companies who are small to make it big in the areas they won't take a risk. I hate Somalia bro, we are losing on all fronts in the world, we are just basket case. Let me go find an NGO for Burberi my 'daaqsin' area because noone else is coming to PL. I ain't going to talk to 'microsoft' he will be like ' kiddo you to smart and now the order' go speak to 'charity' organizations cause bill has no time for that 'fowdo' he is got 'billions' he needs to 'protect' not 'gamble' away on your unstructured society.

PS - those small companies gave HSM a signing Bonus 5 mill possibly, nigga sold your 'nation' asset and pocked it for himself, it's not even his sxb a nd his building properties not for himself. Meel fowdo ah sida weeye, it's the laws of math, if u live in a society of no structure, fowdo or disorder is the only condition that can preval and the 'actors' will be 'fowdo' type of ppl internally or externally. U made ur bed now lie in it

Bro No offence I am not sure why you entertain SL when it's clearly not a factual or scientific minded society. Dude the guys tell their people their independent and shit for 30 years. It reminds me of Baghdad Bob Nonsensical media rants

We-have-them.jpg

This tactic is termed an 'alternative' reality it can be compared to mythologies or @Inquisitive_ who is not following any 'scientific' model but his own 'alternate' reality model. We know what happened to Baghdad Bob when the 'REAL' Scientific based countries came. It's not comparable. It's like entertaining some 'voodoo' doctor and his community of 'spirits'. U actually 'entertain' it, I ask for 'measurable' proof in the physical world, he can't provide it, I dismiss it and do not waste my time in such alternate realities. I mean it can be 'true or false' but we live in a world defined by maths and we need to learn the language of the world.

PL is real as f*ck. This isn't an 'alternate' reality. This nation is 'federal'. It's not an 'alternate' reality at all as the evidences are overwhelming. Such as the constitution, federal member states, Somalia official status in the United Nations as a 'federal' country.

If I lived in such SL society, I would be furious and angry living baghdad bob existence and not following the 'laws' of the land. I would love to be 'separate' country but there is so many 'variables' that need analyzing before it happens. I need to work within the 'system' of the world. Somalia is a nation state, our member status is based on Somalia. PL just 'redefined' our nation 'internally', but membership in the world of communities is still 'Somalia' I just added a 'federal' to it, so I can be legal government not attached to Somalia. I want to take it further while working with this 'defined' parameters and declare it a 'federation of regions' which will allow us to have more autonomy and more ceremonial roles for Mogadishu.

The world can't interfere 'officially' in your inside structures, but u also need to respect the world strucures and borders and member states. It's quite simple. The liklihood of 5-6 nation states coming out of Somalia with full UN member roles in a 'climate' of 'anti islamism' is highly unpredictable unless we have a strong 'case' for it. We honestly don't. We are not near 'china' or 'russia' like those eastern european states were at the cold war time, there was security reason for their developments. Taiwan has no international support from any nation as it may piss China off that their sovereignity hasn't been respected. It's too much geopolitical. I am more interested in local stuff anyways, as the geopolitical is 'law based' where-as Somalia internal stuff is not law based. Internal focus needed, not 'external' focus
You can quote me all you like to feel good about yourself or your clan state but you can't hide facts.

Neither you nor S/land is any different to the rest of the Somali's.

We share the same issues with clan militia's masqueraded as federal/national soldiers, wholesale corruption and a lack of development, no matter how you try to hide this or view yourself as different to the rest.

The only model that will ever work with Muslims is Islam that penetrates ones heart, if at least 20% of the populace surrendered and submitted themselves to their creator and preached this message daily, you would see a massive change overnight.

Everything happens by the will of Allah, do not ever expect prosperity or peace when the majority of your people are crooks, liars, thieves and bloodthirsty, the only cure for this disease is wholesale tazkiyyah (purification of the soul)

The good news for us is that this new generation that is being raised are not spiritually or morally as bankrupt as their fathers and as a result you can see the country slowly improving in comparison to a decade ago.

It doesn't matter what kind of visionary leader you appoint or the type of sophisticated models you design or employ if much of your populace is riddled with filth and corruption, it will simply never work.

It's like those guys who came to Ali Ibn Abi Talib complaining why there is so much chaos in his reign and not that of Umar/Abu Bakr which was the golden age, his response was very befitting, "they ruled over the likes of me, I rule over the likes of you"

Last edited:
You can quote me all you like to feel good about yourself or your clan state but you can't hide facts.

Neither you nor S/land is any different to the rest of the Somali's.

@Inquisitive_

You started with a big massive lie and stated that Somaliland and Puntland are in a similar predicament as the rest of Somalia. If you are appealing to religious unity, the Southern clans have already abused this system of governance beginning from Al-Itihad Al Islami to the current situation of Alshabaab and the emergence of ISIS. From Mooryaan qabilleed to mooryaan diimeed has given birth to a deterioration of security in the South from your fellow clansmen and foreign African forces were required to be deployed in-order to maintain peace. You don't see Amisom troops in Puntland or in Somaliland which indicates that they are incomparable to the South. First, admit to that fact.

Having said that, Puntland and Somaliland do have 1001 problems and most importantly the fragmentation of their states along sub and sub sub clan lines which creates constant insecurities and hampers growth, investments and breeds more corruption and poverty. Do they have ambition and resolve to find a solution? I highly doubt it because of their fixation and infatuation with clan and sub clan politics. For that reason, they will never develop and create employment opportunities for their youth and will only remain to be a basket case for global tuugsi aka as professional beggars by their corrupt leaders. The whole system is set up only to make money out of foreign donors and entities and not improve the lot of their citizens. This is what this discussion is about and not the South Vs these entities.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@AussieHustler the issue is 'nidaam' la'an. They want to work of 'unstructured' society and there is simply no place for that in the world we live in. Yes Somalia doesn't live in some 'vacuum' outside the world like the 'moon' lol. We live in the world and the world has something a 'guddi of nations' their referred to as 'member states'. They are defined strictly by 'parameters' of air, sea, land, people. These are mathamatical constructs sxb they created to ensure global order. Anyone who 'falls' outside of this is in 'vacuum' or 'alternate' reality. Their basically non state actors like terrorists, rebels, religious nutcases @Inquisitive_ who simply wants to work 'outside' of the 'order' and doesn't realize he just falls into a place 'vacuum'. That vacuum can be hiding in residential homes, mountains, or even carving up a territory for himself that violates another nations 'parameters' in the UN. He thinks his some fucking hero sxb that can defy the world with his nonsensical 'islamism'.

There is no Islam in the world, it's belief system, it's not the world order, you don't even have the power to make it the world order, you can barely even 'create weapons' you buy them from super powers or thru black markets. They source their weapons in the black market mostly because their 'non state actors' no nation can be seen with them without violating the UN charter. So mafia groups like russian mob makes money of 'terrorists' and supplies them 'old russian stuff' so he basically 'recycles' their garbage to them and says 'you wanna live in fowdo and outside the world order' u only going to get 'scraps' from us while we make money on ur dumb Quran worshipping ass lol. Sxb the second u step outside the 'structure' of the world, u only meet 'unstructured' elements in the world who turn you into business model lol cause they know where you are. In the structured world it's clear once your member state, you enjoy nation state rights as delegated thru the charter of the UN. Your border, sea, air must be respected. Your internal operations as government must be respected as long as your not abusing 'international charters like human rights'.

You can now establish official communication lines with nation states thru diplomatic posts. This opens up now the possibility to speak to countries about your needs and their needs and so forth such as security, trade, scholarship, health, investment, or whatever interest you have and whatever interest they have. You have a formal place to vote on world matters in different areas of the UN. See thru that 'structure' we have order and thru order can we begin growing.

U can't have a tree grow from nothing, you need to plant it right and it grows over time? Somalis want to not follow 'nidaamka' and skip planting and want a fully grown tree by going around chopping other trees down and putting it together. Wa dad nidaam neceb which is suprising because u can't survive in the world without it. Everyone has to be put in some 'ordered box' or their just a 'vacuum' if not 'ordered' first. Thru order u need things like government, assemblies of representative, institutions like civil/criminal/high courts for govt matters, prisons for criminals or people outside the internally or foreign 'order', you need to define your policies using a 'methodology' maths, science, voting, somethign that is 'measurable' not opinions as that is just words. It's like saying I will put my opinions on the test but it's useless if not graded at school right? somalis simply do not speak numbers and the whole world is about numbers, nothing else exists except numbers. There is no relationship between me and that tree or dog other then number. I am 1 person, that dog is 1 dog. See we share a number lol. It's everythin bro in the universe, it's just a number marki la arko similaritygooda aduunka, because as a human i am different to dog but when u put me as number construct and the dog number construct u will find quickly the numbers start to show 'similarities'.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@AussieHustler I am not sure how somalis transported 91-2004 livestock to gulf, that's breaking UN laws dealing with a non-state-actor in the UN, cause it could lead to terrorists recieving the same right, rebel groups, etc. I would've kicked that nigga in the teeth and tell em sell it to black market in soweto or ghetto where there is no structure, your not a member state or functioning country u lost your world rights. I wud get tough on Somalia and propose a UN vote on the viability of somalia as a nation state and debates about pro/cons because the cons are too much to list and discussing passing it to a functioning member state either kenya/ethiopia and have somalis decide, waa inay galan meel nidaam jiro, i dont care who runs it, i want structure bro so I can grow. No structure means chaos and no growth. I even envision bah dubays my clan to 'start' a slow migration to DDSI and take advantage of the structure so I can grow, sitting in Somalia isn't helping us but hurting us.

Somalis 'qabil' ahan way nidaamsan yihin, they cud create a boqortoyo, which is suitable for those type of societies or 'emirates' type of governance. Lakin dawlad ahan hell no, we unstructured as hell and not based on structures that convince anyone since their not mathamatical and provable with numbers such as grading system or popular vote, etc. Their all backdoor opinions, clan biases, regional or local interests, etc. It's not based on anything that is measurable. I only have 35k bah dubays to deal with and thank god it's structured qabil wise, I just need to slip them into a nation that is structured and then growth is possible. I want to phase 4000 ppl we have between 18-40 and begin my ambitious project to create mathamatician, business ppl, politicians, academia, elites and using ethiopia to open up official channels might be the way. I want jews helping them as their the best in the world while the rest rott in unstructured nation that cannot grow beyond NGO due to humanitarian designation cause they cant prove their system niyahow thru numbers, noone is gonna to listen to them.

Trending

Latest posts