How long would it take a somali speaker to learn arabic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Secondly how do you understand the quran without knowing arabic ?

I said Modern Arabic. Go to your average Arabic speaker and they would not undertstand the Qur'an. The Qur'an is Classical Arabic. Modern Arabic used today is useless and disgusting.:nahgirl:
Af Somali isfar more beautiful in poetry and speech

I said Modern Arabic. Go to your average Arabic speaker and they would not undertstand the Qur'an. The Qur'an is Classical Arabic. Modern Arabic used today is useless and disgusting.:nahgirl:
Af Somali isfar more beautiful in poetry and speech

You only told half of the truth. There is nothing called "modern arabic". Modern Arabic is divided into two section.

1)Modern Standard Arabic (Fusxa): Is based on classical arabic and technically speaking the same. If you know this type of arabic, you understand the quran, the Hadith Books, many Islamic textbooks and ect. This language is the only written form of arabic and used for media and education. However most arabs i met never use it for communication and don't like to use it.

2)Dialects (Camiyah): The many arabic dialects which are spoken around the arab world, which have not so much in common with classical arabic. Generelly speaking arabs just use this language to communicate. So maybe you are confusing arab and arabic ...

If you say Modern standard arabic is useless than i disagree. If you are talking about The Camiyah (dialects) than that's something different. They are nothing special, don't help you to understand the quran and don't sound beautiful in opinion.

To read arabic is a very good beginning but you should also know the basic rules of conjugation of verbs (Tasref) and other basics. If you can read you could teach yourself this basics.

To read without vocals is only possible if you know the meaning of the sentence as a whole. The word كتبت can mean "i wrote", "you wrote" or "she wrote" it depends on the sentence as a whole. But again you need the basic grammar knowlegde for this.

Although it sounds weard but you could try to find friends who speak good standard arabic for example in the mosque, cause practical experience will contributee the lion share to learning arabic.

I would go as followed:

1)buy arabic books for beginners to learn basic grammar and vocabulary.
2)read the quran regularly and try to understand the structure of the sentences. The quran is the best recorded literature for standard arabic (+ Xasanaat if you know what i mean).
3) try to make arab friends (or convince your dad) which speak with you regularly arabic. Sometimes you will desperate but you shouldn't be ashamed of making mistakes.

I promise after a year if you follow these program you will be fluent (inshaAllah)

thank you. im planning on going to lessons as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts