How long would it take a somali speaker to learn arabic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is more than possible. My experience is, it is better to learn it through speaking with another person cause thats the easiest and quickest way to learn a language. So find you and arab friend you can talk to relugaly (standard arabic not "Camiyah") and i promise you it will take less than 17 month

Before that you should know all the basics (Grammar, writing, reading and ect.). With Good Basics and a friend to experience with you can learn arabic very quick.

i can read the quran , but i find it difficult to read arabic without the symbols
yh i have arab friends but theyre arabic is not good
but my ayeeyo and dad speak it but they dont wanna teach me bc they think im going to lose my somali.

i can read the quran , but i find it difficult to read arabic without the symbols
but my ayeeyo and dad speak it but they dont wanna teach me bc they think im going to lose my somali.

To read arabic is a very good beginning but you should also know the basic rules of conjugation of verbs (Tasref) and other basics. If you can read you could teach yourself this basics.

To read without vocals is only possible if you know the meaning of the sentence as a whole. The word كتبت can mean "i wrote", "you wrote" or "she wrote" it depends on the sentence as a whole. But again you need the basic grammar knowlegde for this.

Although it sounds weard but you could try to find friends who speak good standard arabic for example in the mosque, cause practical experience will contributee the lion share to learning arabic.

I would go as followed:

1)buy arabic books for beginners to learn basic grammar and vocabulary.
2)read the quran regularly and try to understand the structure of the sentences. The quran is the best recorded literature for standard arabic (+ Xasanaat if you know what i mean).
3) try to make arab friends (or convince your dad) which speak with you regularly arabic. Sometimes you will desperate but you shouldn't be ashamed of making mistakes.

I promise after a year if you follow these program you will be fluent (inshaAllah)

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Akhi it is a world language the 4th to be exact.

Chinese has the most speakers in the world but is centered in China. Arabic is only relevant in the Middle east. Some its dialects are drastically different that its speakers would find it difficult to communicate with one another

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

Thats what Arabic does. Until Af Somali is taught in the middle east, then Arabic should not be taught in Somalia.

There can only be 1 Language in Somaliwayn

halwa

✨🌙
Tbh, one should learn it for religious and islamic purposes. Imagine how amazing it would be to understand the Quran whilst reciting it?

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Chinese has the most speakers in the world but is centered in China. Arabic is only relevant in the Middle east. Some its dialects are drastically different that its speakers would find it difficult to communicate with one another
Brother Arabic is a big economic language don't hate the playa just hate the game.

Apollo

VIP
I don't want to understand Arabic, but sadly through all these loanwords in Somali I can understand what topic Arabs are talking about when they speak. :mjcry:

Whats the point of learning Arabic?
Other than the Qur'an, it is a useless language. :susp:

Only the Qur'an is pleasant and beautiful to hear.:ahh:

1)Be careful what are u saying bro. The Quran is Allah's spoken word, so Allah has spoken it. So this language isn't useless.

2)the Quran is pleasant so it is worthy to understand it.

3) Arabic is without a doubt if you really know this language the most beautiful in the world. Thats not only my opinion but of many non arabs...but you are free to have your own opinion

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
1)Be careful what are u saying bro. The Quran is Allah's spoken word, so Allah has spoken it. So this language isn't useless.

2)the Quran is pleasant so it is worthy to understand it.

3) Arabic is without a doubt if you really know this language the most beautiful in the world. Thats not only my opinion but of many non arabs...but you are free to have your own opinion

Arabic is useless. I love the Qur'an and Islam. I can read the Qur'an and can understand it and you dont need to learn Modern Arabic to understand the Qur'an.

Arabic is useless. I love the Qur'an and Islam. I can read the Qur'an and can understand it and you dont need to learn Modern Arabic to understand the Qur'an.

Good that u love the quran and Islam.

So a question for you : Allah says in the Quran in more than one vers that Allah made it an "Arabic Quran". So how can we say Arabic is useless when Allah says that he made it an arabic quran ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending