How is it possible....

Taliso

Nin aan cilay ba I cayaa.
VIP
Babe, we don’t get publicly dragged by our head of state, or burn down our businesses for a **** star :ftw9nwa:
You're an Aussie? Now I see it. Babes white Aussies don't even want you in Australia. Secondly do you even have any representation in Australia? I saw one gay "imaam" advocating for Muslim gay rights :mjlol:

Irrelevant as per usual. G'day mate :pachah1:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You're an Aussie? Now I see it. Babes white Aussies don't even want you in Australia. Secondly do you even have any representation in Australia? I saw one gay "imaam" advocating for Muslim gay rights :mjlol:

Irrelevant as per usual. G'day mate :pachah1:

1. White Australians don’t want anyone. They don’t like any immigrant, white or black

2. Somali-Australians are well organised and have professional networks, as well connections to both major parties.

Taliso

Nin aan cilay ba I cayaa.
VIP
1. White Australians don’t want anyone.

2. Somali-Australians are well organised and have professional networks, as well connections to both major parties.
But you didn't answer my question, do you guys have any representations in the government? Media? Anything. I'm not kidding but I sometimes forget Somalis exist in Australia :damedamn:

But you didn't answer my question, do you guys have any representations in the government? Media? Anything. I'm not kidding but I sometimes forget Somalis exist in Australia :damedamn:

Trump: “For many years, leaders in Washington, brought large numbers of refugees to your state, from SOMALIA

Crowd: “BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”
:mjkkk:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
A trucker who works 7 days a week can clear 40-50k euros a year and then be taxed disgustingly. If they maximise everything 60-70k tops.
In America, a trucker can easily pull 100k+, top end is 200k+ for the same time. This shit isn't even comparable.
In tech, a top talent in a fang company earns max 120-150k after like 5-7years in Europe and then take home is like 80-100k
In America, same experience will land you at least 400k.
Startup funding is 1000x easier in America. In America, there's no safety net you either sink or swim.

200K+?! You're making me upset about my university degree. You telling me all I ever needed was a manual, heavy vehicle license, a good music playlist and an American passport? Why did my parents lie to me, saxiib?

200K+?! You're making me upset about my university degree. You telling me all I ever needed was a manual, heavy vehicle license, a good music playlist and an American passport? Why did my parents lie to me, saxiib?
I know people that make close to $300k a year(gross) driving trucks as owner operator. But the insurance, gas and operation will eat up close to half of that. Either way they are eating good buying up houses in Somalia. That's one truck if you're business minded you can have multiple trucks and have employees and chill lol

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

We don’t have any MPs but that’s because no Somali really made much of an effort to get elected.

But many Somalis hold positions in both political parties as well politics advocacy groups.

In media, Somalis hold positions at the public broadcaster SBS. We have a Somali language service.

Most Somalis here just have professional jobs in either public or private service.

A trucker who works 7 days a week can clear 40-50k euros a year and then be taxed disgustingly. If they maximise everything 60-70k tops.
In America, a trucker can easily pull 100k+, top end is 200k+ for the same time. This shit isn't even comparable.
In tech, a top talent in a fang company earns max 120-150k after like 5-7years in Europe and then take home is like 80-100k
In America, same experience will land you at least 400k.
Startup funding is 1000x easier in America. In America, there's no safety net you either sink or swim.

If i did the same job in america , id be earning legit x2-x3 easily

Better pray i dont get sick though lmao.

Lol you haven’t been to Australia.

More than half of us are homeowners.

:mjlol:
This is interesting, especially considering how expensive house prices are in Australia.

Are there no recent Somali immigrants in Australia?
I think recent Somali immigrants struggle for a generation, then things get better when their children go to uni, and get professional jobs. That's what's happening in the UK right now.

I'm happy for you guys, it's always good to see Somalis thrive!

The Young Pope GIF

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
This is interesting, especially considering how expensive house prices are in Australia.

Are there no recent Somali immigrants in Australia?
I think recent Somali immigrants struggle for a generation, then things get better when their children go to uni, and get professional jobs. That's what's happening in the UK right now.

I'm happy for you guys, it's always good to see Somalis thrive!

The Young Pope GIF

There are newer immigrants, mainly either came as asylum seekers or from Malaysia.

However, most of the Somalis that came in the late 80s to early 90s were young people who ended up either going to uni or setting up business.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Where's your source? Because Somali Americans are the only successful Somalis in diaspora. Name one Eurotrash Somali who owns a house? Businesses? None.

Houses in America a few years ago cost less than a car in Australia.

That is no symbol of material wealth.

If you can afford a house in Australia or Canada then you have my respect as a successful Somali diaspora.

Houses in America a few years ago cost less than a car in Australia.

That is no symbol of material wealth.

If you can afford a house in Australia or Canada then you have my respect as a successful Somali diaspora.
That’s just dumb. A median house in Minneapolis metro is 350k and way more in Seattle and San Diego where Somalis live. Affording a house in America is a great accomplishment which among the diaspora, American Somalis do that the best.

Trending

Latest posts